FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Ouran High School Host Club

rainydays_619
have anyone seen it yet?
I heard it's really funny.....well at least my friends told me so....
Scaramanga
Are you a girl? You may like it if you are. I've found that the majority of people who enjoy this show tend to be of the female persuasion (or gay men.) Very Happy

NOTE: I'm not trying to be gender-biased, this is just based on my observations of friends who like this show. I tried watching it myself, but it just never really sparked my interest.
carlokes
OK...

Im not a girl and when i started to watch this anime, after reading a small preview i thought...not for me, because usually i hate school themed animes with the major story happening in the school...

BUT this anime is pretty cool....its not a usual School themed anime because its full of comedy and parody. I really enjoy my time while watching this anime. And if yyou ask me...no, this anime is not girl oriented...it can be perfectly appreciatted by anyone that like to laugth a bit.
eku53ru
I started watching this anime after my friend showed it in the school's anime club, and I instantly fell in love with it. I've seen up to episode twenty-five, and I can't say I like the direction that BONES has taken in the most recent episodes; however, I do think it's an interesting twist.
Reiji
Scaramanga wrote:
Are you a girl? You may like it if you are. I've found that the majority of people who enjoy this show tend to be of the female persuasion (or gay men.) Very Happy

NOTE: I'm not trying to be gender-biased, this is just based on my observations of friends who like this show. I tried watching it myself, but it just never really sparked my interest.

I watch it with my gf, and Iīm no gay...the serie is hilarious and very funny.

Its just cool.
urbanbuddha
This series is not as shounen-ai (insinuated male love) that most people think it is like other series like loveless

If you watch the anime closely, you can easily tell there is a heterosexual relationship.

What this series does is make fun of all the male-stereotypes in a reverse-harem (1 girl, multiple guys and NOT 1 guy, multiple girls) style.

Its light, funny and has a good plot. Highly recommended!
Scaramanga
urbanbuddha wrote:
This series is not as shounen-ai (insinuated male love) that most people think it is like other series like loveless.

Usually shounen-ai isn't insinuated male love, it IS male love. It's just not as down and dirty as yaoi is. And while I agree the show isn't shounen-ai (nor did I ever really say it was,) the fact that it's a show about a bunch of hetro guys PRETENDING to be gay is kind of a fine distinction as far as I'm concerned.

urbanbuddha wrote:
Its light, funny and has a good plot. Highly recommended!

I dunno, I watched the first three eps, and while I like light and funny usually, it's just that it didn't really grab me. Plus I've got so many more interesting (to me) shows that I'd rather watch, that I gave this one the pass. Who knows, I may come back to it later, but I doubt it.
justjess
Oh, I've seen this anime! I thought it was hilaaarious, but it ended too quickly. Sad This anime has alot of random twists that makes the characters hilarious!

My favorite characters are Hikaru + Kaoru [the twins! they're so evil they make me laugh hehe] and Tamaki [.. I just cant stand him, he is just sooo funny!] Rolling Eyes Very Happy
Chelissamow
I loved the Ouran anime. The art and animation was spectacular! My favourite characters were Tamaki, Honey and Mori (even though he didn't say anything. He was still good looking!)

I hope they make a second season but it probably won't happen in the near future...
xframe
It don't have to be a girl or homosexual to enjoy it. Its all around hularious. I've only seen the first 10 eps tho.
Dark_Tiger
After watching the first ep, I have to describe it as a cross between an actionless Utena and Auzamanga Dioah. It's freaking TRIPPED OUT, but there is an underlaying storyline.
sceptileex
Ive watched the whole series, and its pretty friggin hilarious. And the part about girls and gay men -,- not really. I mean, its humor. And no, this anime has nothing to do with shounen ai or yaoi -,-

The original story came from a manga anyway, for anyone who is interested.
vanille
It's awesome and SO FUNNY. It's the first anime that made me burst out laughing.
jasmine
I just finished it last week and its sooooooooooooooooo funny!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

And up to the end of the series, I haven't picked a fave character. XD
Aiz
it IS really funny. It is the only anime that I bothered rewatching. And, it's also the only anime that is better than the original manga, in my opinion. I can't say much about the ending, but the series as a whole was refreshingly lighthearted and fun.

And although it isn't technically shounen-ai, it does have men pretending to be gay as previously mentioned. Also, there was even a girl-girl accidental kiss scene. But the suggestive nature is actually not as bad as some of the other series out there.

I don't see why men can't enjoy it, alot of the guys that I've talked to who have watched this series liked it. Give it a try.
jasmine
It's quite similar to Fruits Basket. I even heard some seiyus from Fruits Basket also worked in Ouran High. And it seemed that Momiji was reborn as Honey-sempai too! XD Couldn't resist it.
x0x0
i really love this one but i'm not totally addicted by it since i'm not into random types of anime. everything looks good except on the animation. i liked the brightness of the animation but i hate the body proportions... reminds me a lot of clamp animes.
jasmine
Hmm.. Really? You're not into the CLAMP visuals?

True, CLAMP does not seem to maintain one art style. They tend to change from time to time. And though I have to admit I found xxxHolic drawings (in anime) a bit too elongated, I grew to appreciate it and eventually loved the drawings for all its weirdness. XD

I know, I know, it probably sounds weird but thats just how it is with me. Very Happy
x0x0
it's not that i hate clamp, i love clamp, i just don't like how they are drawn, but disregarding the body proportions and all that, the faces of the characters are still so damn hot!
Aiz
I know what you mean. My impression of CLAMP was that they all have pretty-faces but abnormal bodies. (The anime that came to mind is X, I remember feeling awkward when I saw it a few years ago) But not enough to make me hate it. Perhaps because, to me, face matters more than the body ^^:

Well I can kinda see your point. Ouran does have a similar "extra lanky + big head" thing going on, but I don't think it's really that awkward. I really like the artwork in that one, but it feels kinda flat at times too. *shrugs*

I guess I'm just used to looking at things that dis-regard they body scale. after all, that's what anime really is, the super large eyes and impossible model bodies.
jasmine
I guess it shows how CLAMP is able to capture audience's hearts despite their change of visuals... which I think shows how talented they are. ^_^
yhally
nyahahaha! yah right! this anime is so hilarious!

broking a base into pieces makes the story goes!!

we watch! this anime and we laugh so loud especially the yellow haired guy!
hosting a lot of ladies no noticing that the one who broke the base was also a lady! nyahahahahahah!
chastise
I thought Mitsukuni was so adorable. I liked Hikaru and Haruhi as a couple the most. It's a great anime. Kind of soft. But definitely hilarious and I was upset when I finished it.
jasmine
Hilarious definitely it is!

I can't count with my fingers the number of times they made me laugh and I don't get tired of relating each and every funny moment over and over again. XD
FrozenRain
OHSHC was really the weirdest anime ive EVER seen but i really love it LOL . yess i'm weird . The first episode kind of creeped me out since I was lost in the storyline but I kept watching it and soon i got addicted and couldn't wait till the next episode. I'd usually be suffocating in my room waiting for the next episode.But I really want to see the manga because my friends always watch it and whine about how "that wasn't in the manga, they changed it, i like the manga better, etc" . Yeah, I thought the cutest character was Hunny-Senpai. I thought his "cake and sweets" problems was really cute/funny. I really loved the last episode. <33 lol. If you haven't watched it it's really good. Hope they have a second season. I'd love for them to have a second season.

Ouran is VERY hilarous. Very. Made me laugh billions+ of times

-Steffini