FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Futurama or Simpsons?

Simpsons or Futurama
Simpsons
46%
 46%  [ 6 ]
Futurama
53%
 53%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 13

generalgazz
Which is funnier?

I used to go for simpsons but now I laugh my head of at futurama
kikass
simpsons!!! nothing comes close ! Smile
rightclickscott
While the Simpsons is an obvious classic, I found myself laughing wildly at Futurama more. The Simpsons just isn't funny anymore, and the only new Futurama thing coming up is a DVD which is supposed to have a movie and some lost episodes, or so I heard. It was such a good show, but when you think of it as a Simpsons spinoff, which it isn't, but many people did anyways, then you just don't like it, because it's not the Simpsons. It's not it's predacessor, it's not the next generation of Simpsons, it is it's own show, and I wish people would see that.
NeoValkyrion
That is a TOUGH question...

Can't we just like both of them equally?

If forced to pick...I would have to go with Simpsons, because Futurama was canceled. (But will be revived in 2008!)
Timonator
Vindt het allebei goede programma's ze blijven amuseren
Victus13
I have to agree, that is a damn hard question.

I own all of the episodes, for both series.

Simpsons, while a classic is good for some laughs. Though when I'm laughing at something in that show now, it's more of a fond amusing memory of a laugh, a good chuckle at something that was once funny.
It's was a great show, and sometimes still tickles the old funnybone.

Futurama is new, at least compared to The Simpsons. It's fresh and sometimes gut-bustingly funny. It has a good feel, and I would hold it right up there with the Simpsons.

I think each show holds it's own quality, I cant really personally say that I find one funnyer than the other. Each has it's own way of making you laugh at the little things, and even harder at the whole show.

Either way each is good for making you laugh, either at some old joke, or twisted new plot.[/list]
twisthigh
The Simpsons, duh! That show is a cartoon classic, it's hilarious... you can't even compare it to Futurama (such a bore) Homer, Bart, Marge, Lisa, Moe, Principal Skinner... oh my gosh I could go on forever, the characters are priceless and the storylines are always so much funnier.
spaz-o
Simpsons is a classic, no doubt about it, but I'd have to say Futurama.

Simpsons is getting a little old to me. It's still awesome, but Futurama has better jokes in my opinion. Fry's funny as hell and the romance between Fry and Leela is warm and fuzzy feeling-like.
Manofgames
I think there is one thing that we can establish here -

THE SIMPSONS IS A CLASSIC!!! Very Happy

(not shouting, just expressing my feelings)

i like to watch futurama sometimes on sky 3, but there's just too much there, and the characters are kind of hard to piece together.

wheras with The Simpsons, you know the characters, you know their 'life' because its real the futurama thing i have to admit, is exceedingly funny, but its hard to tell what their life is, for example, that wierd woman, whatever she's called, the one who made bender.

That really confuses me because its literally out of this world

MANOFGAMES

(But futurama is funny Very Happy )
reddishblue
I am a once huge simpsons fan, i am sorry to say i now cant bear to watch new episodes.
Futurama is next-gen comedy i can't wait for the new epps
Simpsons is a classic but these new epps are appualing
Manofgames
well, hopefully the series will make a comeback with the new film that comes out next year.

the ad for it is funny, and the graphics look goood, i just hope it wont be a let down
bigdbag
simpsons rules futurama drools. Thats all there is to it. The characters in futurama are really weird looking. At least in the Simpsons they look vaguely like real humans. It's a more relatable show than futurama is, which is why I think many people did not like futurama.
Manofgames
bigdbag wrote:
simpsons rules futurama drools. Thats all there is to it. The characters in futurama are really weird looking. At least in the Simpsons they look vaguely like real humans. It's a more relatable show than futurama is, which is why I think many people did not like futurama.

The bit u said bout the characters, tht's kinda what i was trying to say....
rightclickscott
bigdbag wrote:

Uh, I think we've made it apparent that alot of people like Futurama. Here is where things break down:

Both Futurama and The Simpsons are comedies.
The Simpsons is a classic that ressurected the Fox network.
The Simpsons has become less and less funny over time. In fact, it started getting less funnier when Futurama came around.
Futurama has been consistantly funny throughout it's entire run.
Matt Groening put all of his hope Futurama, because it's the new story and the new comedy he wanted to tell.
The only reason The Simpsons is still around is because it's a classic nontheless, and people will watch it if it's funny or not.
Futurama is coming out with new episodes and a movie because Matt Groening wants to do the movie and episodes.
It has become apparently clear in the way The Simpsons is being treated that Groening could only care less what happens to it.

I mean, sure, The Simpsons has it's moments, but that doesn't compare to being constantly funny, which is what Futurama is. Not only that, but what does looking like actual people have to do with anything? It's a cartoon, which is draw in a certain art style. Noone ever said cartoons were supposed to look like real life, that's actually the exact opposite of what cartoons are. So you should really stop following the Simpsons bandwagon just because it's been around for a long time, you should find out what's funny for yourself, and Futurama is damn funny, and it's still being aired, and bringing in ratings for Adult Swim. So take the time to watch an episode or two, you'll have alot of good laughs.
reddishblue
yeah you tell em scott
billys
Wow, that is a dilemma!! I guess I have to go with simpsons. But to be honest I have laughed the most with Family Guy!!
Lucky81
Well, this is simple!

The Simpsons is on the air at almost 18 years and are preparing one movie to 2007, keeping the style and the good humor making jokes for the american way of life.

Futurama contrariwise, couldn't hold more than 3 years on air... yes, they have good jokes of the future, but it's only that. They couldn't make more than this.

In my opinion, I kept with The Simpsons
deStructuralized
Simpsons, there's a greater history behind the show itself.
SimonWSTS
The Simpsons continues to amuse me after countless repeats of countless episodes which makes it a great show, however, i have to give Futurama the edge.

I think it's because of the situation. It's a comedy based in the future in a completely different situation to The Simpsons which opens up so many possibilities for generally amusing stories.

What about Family Guy though!? doesn't that get to be in the pole?
Mayday
yea, my vote is going to go for Futurama, because The Simpson really just stopped being funny in the 90s. The only thing in The Simpsons that I still get a crack out of is Bart calling Moe.
rightclickscott
SimonWSTS wrote:
What about Family Guy though!? doesn't that get to be in the pole?

Because that was created by comic genious Seth McFarlane, not Matt Greoning. However, you did inspire me to create another thread...
talonsmallville
Hey People,

I loved so much Simpsons - For me it΄s much better show.

But I liked Futurama too - but Simpsons is more liked.
jon9314
Definatly Futurama! The Simpsons suck!
Nameless
Futurama is, IMHO, much much funnier than the simpsons. Some episodes of the Simpsons are good, but most of the newer episodes are just really dull and often repeating old or lame jokes. Every episode of Futurama has left me in stitches, so it is the clear winner.
truespeed
The simpsons,even repeats of repeats are watchable,i can sit through futurama if im in the mood but its not a must watch,its alrite but not great ,i mean apart from bender i couldnt name a single character and i guess that says it all,whereas the simpsons is an ingrained part of our popular culture,although i undertstand why u confined this vote to the 2 cartoons.. i think you should of opened it up to include family guy,king of the hill,and of course the only other cartoon to even come close to the simpsons .. south park.
Dwyer17
Futurama is kind of corny. I like it, but Simpsons are way better. They seem to be so original and always funny. Even watching re-runs is funny. Futurama requires me to turn the channel when I see an episode I've already seen. Of coarse though, this is only my opinion.
greenwoodmonkey
Simpsons
rightclickscott
truespeed wrote:
...i mean apart from bender i couldnt name a single character and i guess that says it all...

Dude, Phillip J. Fry, Turanga Leela, Bender Bending Rodriguiz, Flexo, Professor Hubert Farnsworth, Cubert Farnsworth, Hermes Conrad, Dwight Conrad, LaBarbara Conrad, Amy Wong, Mom, Nibbler, "The Man With No Name" Zapp Brannigan, Kif Kroker, Calculon, Tinny Tim, Robot Devil, The Crushinator, Santa, Hedonism Bot, Roberto, Reverend Lionel Preacher Bot, Malfunctioning Eddie, Humor-Bot 5.0, The Gypsy Booth, Fatbot, Boxy, Donbot, Joey Mousepad, Clamps, Smitty, URL, Father Changstein-El-Gamal, Elzar, Yancy Fry Sr., Yancy Fry Jr., "Fishy Joe" Gillman, Horrible Gelatinous Blob, Hyper Evolved Chicken Lawyer, Hypnotoad, Linda, Morbo, Lrrr of the planet Omicron Persei 8, Hatty McDoogal, Michelle, Randy Munchnik, Mr. Panucchi, Mayor C. Randall Poopenmayer, Morgan Proctor, Sal, Seymour, Ethan "Bubblegum" Tate, Terry, Old Man Waterfall and the rest of the Waterfall family, Mr. Vogel, Professor Ogdon Wernstrom, Leo Wong, Inez Wong, Judge Ron Whitey, and Scruffy the Janitor.

There are many other groups of even minor characters I don't wish to go through which include the Sewer Mutants, the Nibblonians, the Cookieville Orphans, the Brainspawn, the Brain Slugs, and the many Celebrity Heads in Jars. To be fair, I did get some help from Wikipedia, but I only listed every character I've seen, even if I didn't know their names at first. Especially when you only get hints like "This is very serious, Mayor Poopenmayer."
truespeed
them names mean nothing to me,overall though i would say the simpsons has a more popular appeal,maybe because we can see in the characters bits of people we know and ourselves and the things and situations they get into are familiar... while futurama set in space requires a little work to get to the know the characters and the setting and concept isnt instantly familiar.. or maybe im just waffling and the simpsons is just funnier.
s6010005
I like both very much but i think simsons are better.(Homer is my hero!!!!!!)
rightclickscott
truespeed wrote:
them names mean nothing to me,overall though i would say the simpsons has a more popular appeal,maybe because we can see in the characters bits of people we know and ourselves and the things and situations they get into are familiar... while futurama set in space requires a little work to get to the know the characters and the setting and concept isnt instantly familiar.. or maybe im just waffling and the simpsons is just funnier.

Hmm, nah, I was watching them both yesterday, and basically, I did not laugh as much as I did while watching Futurama. Mind you, I did laugh abit at the Simpsons, but Futurama was just so much funnier. You don't have to relate to the characters in Futurama for their jokes to be funny, that's kind of how it was made. Futurama was designed in a way to see the future through the eyes of a 20th century delivery boy. In comedies, you don't need to understand the characters to laugh at them. Such as last night, when Professor Farnsworth said "I'm sorry, Fry, but the pine tree's been instinct for years, gone the way of the poodle, and your notions of modesty." Then he takes off his clothes in the snow. "Ahh, Brisk."
GProject
I'm a big Simpsons fan, always have been in fact. I think I've been watching it for 13 years or something. I can remember the UK SKY trailers for when the 'Homer goes into space' episode was new!

Even so, I'm gonna have to vote Futurama on this one. I think they took their experience making The Simpsons, and added some stuff that it's too late to instill into such a well established show. Futurama was extremely funny, but it also had an emotional element that they would never get away with on the Simpsons - I mean, it just wouldn't work.

Good on Matt G. for creating a new challenge, even if the show only did get 4 seasons. Hopefully, the new straight-to-DVD movies that are being made might just revive the series Family Guy style! Here's hoping!
rfarrand
i am still a fan of simpsons more then futurama...although i am sad i missed the episode last night. what a bummer...guess i will have to find it somewhere online and watch it.
rightclickscott
There wasn't an episode, just some sports shows.
ZeytinGrafik
futurama is my new favourite but it seems like i would continue watching simpsons after watching season 7. Bender is my hero Smile
Peterssidan
I haven't start watching Futurama until very recently. I think the two series are very different even though the crab man reminds me a bit of Homer. Futurama is less real than Simpsons which is both good and bad. It gives more freedom but it also makes nothing stand out to be extraordinary because you have the feeling that everything is possible. I still rank Simpsons higher but Futurama is not bad, and certainly a lot better than Family guy.
Sabbadon
I prefer Futurama, but I watch The Simpsons as well Very Happy
antoniotit
generalgazz wrote:
Which is funnier?

I used to go for simpsons but now I laugh my head of at futurama

simpsons 4 ever
welshsteve
The Simpsons every time.
codersfriend
I like futurama.. although the simpsons bring us back to childhood since it was aired years ago
codegeek
The Simpsons has some really classic episodes. Having grown up watching it (my cousin used to watch it, and I'd join in), I have some very fond memories associated with it. Futurama is also great, but for me, The Simpsons is awesome!
pravojednostavno
Definitely Simpsons!
Arrogant
Simpsons is the best