FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Bush Poll






What do you think of Bush?
Create War for Peace. HA! Yeah right.
50%
 50%  [ 3 ]
He Speaks the Bible
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
My Bush is better.
33%
 33%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 6

derrida
Bush Poll

<edit>Some options are gone now.</edit>
mrprezz
I personally dislike Bush with a passion. The death stuff doesn't fit, but his failure to seperate church and state pisses me off.
OnlyOneLife
Your poll options are funny, but reasonable. Laughing I don't like bush either. I think he is just trying to copy what his father is did. Which is the war.
S3nd K3ys
Ignorance is bliss, isn't it?
shr3dd
i think bush is a far better president than any liberal could ever be. i think its a shame that people can create polls like this one which doesnt actually take a poll but subjects an opinion on anyone who actually wants to intelligently speak their mind. its a crying shame that treason laws havent been tightned up because i believe a multitude of people should be subjected to punishment due to the popularity of violent and disrespectful speech against our rightly elected president. hey, if you dont like bush, move to the middle east and put yourself under rule of one of their leaders. morons.
derrida
shr3dd wrote:
i think bush is a far better president than any liberal could ever be. i think its a shame that people can create polls like this one which doesnt actually take a poll but subjects an opinion on anyone who actually wants to intelligently speak their mind. its a crying shame that treason laws havent been tightned up because i believe a multitude of people should be subjected to punishment due to the popularity of violent and disrespectful speech against our rightly elected president. hey, if you dont like bush, move to the middle east and put yourself under rule of one of their leaders. morons.


Yes its highly ironic, that I, a liberal, would make such an unliberal poll, allowing for few opinions and less diverse intellegent democratic discourse.

But, get over it, its only a web poll.

You can always express your discontent here! As i see you have done.

However, Treason laws should be tightend. Ha! What a joke! So i should be got for treason.

I mean really, democracy is about dissent, opposing views, and letting these views be expressed, and electing the most popular, etc etc. Getting people for speaking out against an existing regime is worse then my giving only few biased options on a web poll. Way worse. Infact i would consider it to be totalitarian and extream.

Calling views against an existing government treason.... Simply Undemocratic.

I do value your opinion, and i wont get you for treason if a liberal government is elected.
derrida
shr3dd wrote:
hey, if you dont like bush, move to the middle east and put yourself under rule of one of their leaders. morons.


I dont like bush.

What would bush be if he banished all his supporters. Well, Hitler simply! Or saddamn or name your fav totalitarian here.

Bush is smarter then that. I would hope he is smarter then that, i mean the people that write his speeches like Rice are smarter then that at least.

For bush, well i dont know.

But the fact is, what would america be if because you opposed who was elected by democratic means it is classed as treason. Well, simply undemocratic and Totalitarian.
shr3dd
derrida wrote:
What would bush be if he banished all his supporters.
i didnt say for him to banish his supporters, i simply said that if you really dont want him as your president, leave the country. i also never said opposing him should be treason. i see shirts that have bushs's head on it with the caption "satan" amongst many other anti-bush things. i think free speech is needed, but when youre (generally speaking) calling the president satan, something should be done. i think opposition is a stance that you have a right to take, but when if someone said he should be shot, i think that should be treason. i also see no reason why people insist on saying bush should go to iraq to fight. how often do we see a president (let alone any other politician) fight in any kind of combat? George W. (Washington) was a general before he became president, but didnt fight while in office. Eisenhower didnt actually fight. Lincoln sure as hell didnt step one foot on the battlefield during any kind of combat. According to the Constitution of the United States (something politicians blatantly disregard) the president is Commander in Chief of the U.S. Armed Forces. If you dont know what that means, it means he commands the army. who in their right mind would send the person with the highest rank to the front line? sometimes im surprised by the severe lack of intelligence by most americans. this country is great, but a lot of its citizens are morons. and for those who think im defending bush just to defend bush youre wrong. i think hes doing a piss-poor job on protecting our southern border. i think there should be a tower with 2 guards and a mini-gun every 50 feet across the border. i think we should light up the rio grande swim team with lead. f*** vicente fox.
derrida
shr3dd wrote:
and for those who think im defending bush just to defend bush youre wrong. i think hes doing a piss-poor job on protecting our southern border. i think there should be a tower with 2 guards and a mini-gun every 50 feet across the border. i think we should light up the rio grande swim team with lead. f*** vicente fox.


Immigrants are what america is built on. If you dont believe that go back to England.

OK im being irrational here. But so are you. Kill people for trying to cross a border. I mean please!
derrida
Please, press treason charges.
lasablanca
he says that they'd entered iraq for democracy and freedom but they restricted human rights and tortured to innocent people...
shr3dd
i never said anything about immigration, i said people swimming the rio grande, coming here illegally, they should be shot. legal immigrants i have NO problem with. a couple US troops may have tortured some of the terrorists but overall they are being treated quite fairly. i think too fairly, they cut our peoples heads off, put it on Al-Jazzera and then glorify it. im not saying we should stoop to their level, but comparatively, the prisoners we take are on an island resort. can we not forget that these same people (i dont mean iraqis or afghanis) but the same type of people, radical muslim terrorists, bombed the WTC on 9.11.01? you people seem to forget that the people we are fighting's lives are soley based on trying to kill every non-muslim on the planet. i just cant see how you all would rather turn a blind eye and get punched in the face by this when if the US troops gained more support from their own people, the people they are fighting to protect, we could finish this war a lot quicker and not be in iraq. you are all pathetic
S3nd K3ys
shr3dd wrote:
i never said anything about immigration, i said people swimming the rio grande, coming here illegally, they should be shot. legal immigrants i have NO problem with. a couple US troops may have tortured some of the terrorists but overall they are being treated quite fairly. i think too fairly, they cut our peoples heads off, put it on Al-Jazzera and then glorify it. im not saying we should stoop to their level, but comparatively, the prisoners we take are on an island resort. can we not forget that these same people (i dont mean iraqis or afghanis) but the same type of people, radical muslim terrorists, bombed the WTC on 9.11.01? you people seem to forget that the people we are fighting's lives are soley based on trying to kill every non-muslim on the planet. i just cant see how you all would rather turn a blind eye and get punched in the face by this when if the US troops gained more support from their own people, the people they are fighting to protect, we could finish this war a lot quicker and not be in iraq. you are all pathetic


So, shr3dd, are you my long lost brother? Cool

Quote:
a couple US troops may have tortured some of the terrorists but overall they are being treated quite fairly


When you consider things like:

Linky

Quote:
Soldier survives attack; captures, medically treats sniper (Video)

Pfc. Stephen Tschiderer is a native of Mendon, N.Y. —
During a routine patrol in Baghdad June 2, Army Pfc. Stephen Tschiderer, a medic, was shot in the chest by an enemy sniper, hiding in a van just 75 yards away. The incident was filmed by the insurgents.

Tschiderer, with E Troop, 101st “Saber” Cavalry Division, attached to 3rd Battalion, 156th Infantry Regiment, 256th Brigade Combat Team, 3rd Infantry Division, was knocked to the ground from the impact, but he popped right back up, took cover and located the enemy’s position.

After tracking down the now-wounded sniper with a team from B Company, 4th Battalion, 1st Iraqi Army Brigade, Tschiderer secured the terrorist with a pair of handcuffs and gave medical aid to the terrorist who’d tried to kill him just minutes before.


Yeah, Americans are so evil, aren't they...

It's amazing the amount of ignorance that's flowing thru some of these posts.

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
shr3dd
i agree it is amazing, and i dont know about the brother thing lol, it could be, people who see things through the right light are hard to come by and therefor should support each other, thats why the troops in iraq get no support, its a damn shame
kuad
If I choose "shoot him" is that just a general thing or would it be in a specifc location? eg the head Laughing

Seriously though, what do the Americans think of him? After all they are the ones who voted him as their leader.
S3nd K3ys
kuad wrote:
... what do the Americans think of him? After all they are the ones who voted him as their leader.


Answered your own question there, eh?
shr3dd
lmao wow... yeah all americans must hate bush, because he won the popular vote. i wouldve voted for bush, but i turned 18 13 days too late
S3nd K3ys
shr3dd wrote:
lmao wow... yeah all americans must hate bush, because he won the popular vote. i wouldve voted for bush, but i turned 18 13 days too late


LoL, damn kids!

I didn't vote for him the first go-around, but in light of having the choice of Kerry, that's a no-brainer.
Apollo
shr3dd wrote:
lmao wow... yeah all americans must hate bush, because he won the popular vote. i wouldve voted for bush, but i turned 18 13 days too late


shr3dd wrote:
sometimes im surprised by the severe lack of intelligence by most americans. this country is great, but a lot of its citizens are morons..


Unless I'm mistaken, then, you're saying that Bush was elected by a country which consists of mostly morons.

Mm, yep. You are.
mOrpheuS
shr3dd wrote:
i simply said that if you really dont want him as your president, leave the country.

That's not quite what the idea behind democracy is. this is essentially dictatorial thinking.
derrida wrote:
shr3dd wrote:
and for those who think im defending bush just to defend bush youre wrong. i think hes doing a piss-poor job on protecting our southern border. i think there should be a tower with 2 guards and a mini-gun every 50 feet across the border. i think we should light up the rio grande swim team with lead. f*** vicente fox.


Immigrants are what america is built on. If you dont believe that go back to England.

OK im being irrational here. But so are you. Kill people for trying to cross a border. I mean please!

I always thought that all except for native Americans Indians had immigrated from other countries (most from the British Isles) with no question on the legality of their movement. But that doesn't matter much considering the fact that the American Indians were not technologically advanced enough to have miniguns across the border.

America is a great nation, and her people known for their firm belief in democratic principles and their openness.I'm sure they can allow each other free expression (even the thought of shooting the prez lol)

p.s. - I had to trash a few potentially provocative posts from this thread. let's keep the discussion clean lest moderators have to lock it down.
tidruG
i think bush won because he got lucky in ohio?

well, anyway, personally, i think he should be declared a genius for fooling the rest of the world into believing that Iraq had Weapons Of Mass Destruction.... that would be like making the entire male population of this planet believe that Pamela Anderson's giant tits are natural... and BUSH ACHIEVED IT!!! he made the world believe that iraq had weapons of mass destruction.

and what? he just woke up to the fact that there was extremist terrorism in the middle east only after 9/11... nonsense... i see it simply as a revenge strike against afghanistan. end of story...

of course, the views presented above are mine and mine alone, not binding on anyone to believe them, and presented without intention of creating conflicts or exchange of hate messages among users of Frihost...

I don't remember which user said this, but everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and i respect your opinion as your opinion. respect mine as mine.
tidruG
shr3dd wrote:
i never said anything about immigration, i said people swimming the rio grande, coming here illegally, they should be shot. legal immigrants i have NO problem with. a couple US troops may have tortured some of the terrorists but overall they are being treated quite fairly. i think too fairly, they cut our peoples heads off, put it on Al-Jazzera and then glorify it. im not saying we should stoop to their level, but comparatively, the prisoners we take are on an island resort. can we not forget that these same people (i dont mean iraqis or afghanis) but the same type of people, radical muslim terrorists, bombed the WTC on 9.11.01? you people seem to forget that the people we are fighting's lives are soley based on trying to kill every non-muslim on the planet. i just cant see how you all would rather turn a blind eye and get punched in the face by this when if the US troops gained more support from their own people, the people they are fighting to protect, we could finish this war a lot quicker and not be in iraq. you are all pathetic


buddy, al-jazeera is showing off the fact that they're beheading americans. if any army troops ever tortured iraqis, they would have to have an iq of less than a little baby to actually show it around or release it to the press... the mere fact that even a couple of incidents have been reported makes me wonder how many incidents go unreported? don't you wonder too?

and for your information, not everyone on your "island resort", as you like to put it, is guilty of being an extremist terrorist. people are being arrested on suspicion and if you treat possibly-innocent people like terrorists, aren't you being a terrorist?

oh, don't get me wrong. I'm against the iraq war, and always have been... it appears to me that the iraqis have jumped from one kinda hell (saddam's dictatorship) to another (army torture.... kids growing up with guns in their faces, bullets in their parents, blood in their food... ok I'm going a little overboard, sorry).... but on the other hand, the reason I qrote "don't get me wrong" is because i think that america is a great country.... it's given us a lot of things to enjoy, even though it's pretty-much monopolized everything.
S3nd K3ys
tidrug wrote:
...
I don't remember which user said this, but everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and i respect your opinion as your opinion. respect mine as mine.


...even if they're wrong. Wink
S3nd K3ys
mOrpheuS wrote:
...
I always thought that all except for native Americans Indians had immigrated from other countries ...


Technically, the indians migrated here too. Only the civilzied world doesn't recognize that because it happened before 'civilization' came here. But if you really want to get technical and put a spin on this subject, I am a native American because I was born here and raised here. But we're not going to try to blow things out of context are we? Cool

I think the key issue pointed out was illegal immigration, not migration. So trying to spin facts concerning illegal immigration today into blather about massive migration centuries ago is only distracting from the subject and should be avoided.
S3nd K3ys
tidrug wrote:
...
buddy, al-jazeera is showing off the fact that they're beheading americans. if any army troops ever tortured iraqis, they would have to have an iq of less than a little baby to actually show it around or release it to the press... the mere fact that even a couple of incidents have been reported makes me wonder how many incidents go unreported? don't you wonder too?


IMNSHO, anything we do to terrorists is justified until they stop killing women and children (they obviously do it on purpose). They're not willing to abide by the Geneva Convention, as they've proven again and again. They're just cowards and chicken-shits, plain and simple. Hiding in schools and churches, beheading civilians, blowing up crowds of kids... it's just pathetic.

Quote:

... people are being arrested on suspicion and if you treat possibly-innocent people like terrorists, aren't you being a terrorist?

...


Oh, you mean being arrested on suspicion of something is the same as having your bus station blown to bits when it's full of kids? Or having your head sawed off in the county square? Or having your dead, mutilated body dragged around town then hung from a bridge? Or blowing up a bunch of kids hanging out trying to get candy from soldiers?

Give me a break, dude. You've been watching too much CNN. You need to get a little perspective and open your eyes and make your own decisions and quit letting the lieberals make up your mind for you. Rolling Eyes

tidruG
S3nd K3ys wrote:
tidrug wrote:
...
buddy, al-jazeera is showing off the fact that they're beheading americans. if any army troops ever tortured iraqis, they would have to have an iq of less than a little baby to actually show it around or release it to the press... the mere fact that even a couple of incidents have been reported makes me wonder how many incidents go unreported? don't you wonder too?


IMNSHO, anything we do to terrorists is justified until they stop killing women and children (they obviously do it on purpose). They're not willing to abide by the Geneva Convention, as they've proven again and again. They're just cowards and chicken-shits, plain and simple. Hiding in schools and churches, beheading civilians, blowing up crowds of kids... it's just pathetic.

Quote:

... people are being arrested on suspicion and if you treat possibly-innocent people like terrorists, aren't you being a terrorist?

...


Oh, you mean being arrested on suspicion of something is the same as having your bus station blown to bits when it's full of kids? Or having your head sawed off in the county square? Or having your dead, mutilated body dragged around town then hung from a bridge? Or blowing up a bunch of kids hanging out trying to get candy from soldiers?

Give me a break, dude. You've been watching too much CNN. You need to get a little perspective and open your eyes and make your own decisions and quit letting the lieberals make up your mind for you. Rolling Eyes



dude, the bottom point is that terrorists are terrorists because they do things like that. that's what terrorism is... i didn't say any of what they did was justified. it definitely isn't... any IDIOT will tell you it isn't, too. but that doesn't mean we stoop down to their level, man.

are you, on the other hand, justifying the Abu Gharib prison reports?
oh, and another thing. i don't watch cnn... i don't let anyone decide what i think. do you?

Quote:

... people are being arrested on suspicion and if you treat possibly-innocent people like terrorists, aren't you being a terrorist?

...


I'll say it again.... terrorists are MEANT to do that... if you're legally doign something right and want to get them behind bars or punish 'em, you DON'T stoop to that level.
tidruG
S3nd K3ys wrote:

you support porn?

ok sorry if i seem a little hyper... the only point i wanted to make is that i do comdemn terrorism, in ever form, whether it's the WTC attacks, or the London bombings or the abu gharib incidents (yeah, i treat them as smaller forms of terrorism)
S3nd K3ys
tidrug wrote:
...
dude, the bottom point is that terrorists are terrorists because they do things like that. that's what terrorism is... i didn't say any of what they did was justified. it definitely isn't... any IDIOT will tell you it isn't, too. but that doesn't mean we stoop down to their level, man.


What you said was:

Quote:
if you treat possibly-innocent people like terrorists, aren't you being a terrorist?


Exactally WHO have we treated like terrorists that would justify you calling us terrorists?

Prisoners?

We treated prisoners like terrorists?

We sawed their heads off?

We got on a bus and waited for more kids to get on, then blew up the kids? We waited until a bunch of kids were gathered around TWO soldiers and blew them up?

Like I said, pathetic. Rolling Eyes

:edit:

And WTF does porn have to do with anything in this topic? More wacked out lieberal spin? Trying to change the subject because you don't have a leg to stand on? Or is it just ignorance?

:/edit:
tidruG
porn has got to do with the last picture among the 3 pictures you put up... "a perfectly good porn plot destroyed by yadda yadda..."

now, i'm not calling YOU a terrorist. and yes, the prisoners are being trated inhumanly. you seem to not be getting my point. i'm saying we shouldn't stoop to their level, and you seem to be saying we should. that's *pathetic*

you're yanking on and on about children and shit. do you know how many children are tortured in iraq? do you know how many girls are being taken advantage of? have u been to iraq? no? well, neither have i. so i guess we should both shut up. we can only speculate about what's going on based on what appears in the international media. everything can be manipulated one way or can be manipulated another. we're after all on the same side.... against terrorists... do what you want with them if you want, though in my opinion, we still shouldn't stoop to their level... the only thing i wanted to bring out was that there could be innocent people in jail, and we could be treating them as terrorists. end of story.

ps: don't get hyper, it's only a forum discussion Smile
PPS: terrorism isn't just about sawing people's heads off or blowing up buses. if a terrorist stripped an innocent man, peed on him, and took a picture holding him by a leash, you would be disgusted... so, if tha army's doing it, you're not? see, the point i'm trying to make is that if you think terrorists should be treated the way they treat others, i accept that as your point of view, only i don't agree with it, and i'm mature enough not to think it's wrong. but do you think everybody in those prisons is a proven terrorist? if not, should be treat them the same way?
S3nd K3ys
tidrug wrote:
...

now, i'm not calling YOU a terrorist. and yes, the prisoners are being trated inhumanly. you seem to not be getting my point. i'm saying we shouldn't stoop to their level, and you seem to be saying we should. that's *pathetic*


Funny, I thought your point was that we're terrorists because of how people are supposedly treated in prisons. That's what you said anyway. If you'd care to retract your statement, I'll quit badgering you about it, because, quite frankly, you're wrong.


Quote:
..have u been to iraq? no? well, neither have i. so i guess we should both shut up. we can only speculate about what's going on based on what appears in the international media...


No, but I have several friends that have been or are still there. (One was forced to come home because of multiple gunshot wounds, but he wants to go back). EVERYONE I know there, and EVERYONE I've talked to that's been there is telling a completely different story that what I'm hearing from the "internatinoal media".

Bottom line: I believe what my friends have said, NOT what the media says. The media has an adjenda to promote, and scruples will NOT get in the way.

Quote:
... if a terrorist stripped an innocent man, peed on him, and took a picture holding him by a leash, you would be disgusted...


Where do you get off telling me how I'd feel? Do you know me? No? Then don't put words into my mouth. But just so you know, (in the hope that you won't make yourself look foolish again) I would be more amused than anything, considering what the terrorists have done in the past.

BTW, most of what went on at that prison goes on at college frat houses every single year when they're breaking in the freshmen. Are they all terrorists too?

Rolling Eyes
tidruG
right. fine.
you're right... you live with your beliefs, and i'll live with mine.
i respect the fact that you have/had friends there... god bless them and god bless you
since i have no friends there, i'll believe what i want based on what i think, and you aren't going to decide what's wrong and what's right.
i am not retracting my statement. inhuman treatment in prisons is wrong... whether it's in iraq or whether it's in the country.
n0obie4life
STOP.

This is enough.

If anyone of you continues with this, I shall do something about this.
tidruG
i apologize if i went overboard with my posts... sorry Embarassed
mOrpheuS
Funny enough, I had somehow expected this thread to remain friendly and good to read.
Quite obviously, I was wrong.
Here's goes xyz's n'th law -
Discussions on politics will get heated.

anyways, I don't think that it helps a discussion when the participants are not ready to listen to the "anti" thoughts, when the only argument they have against a view is that the person who thinks thus is retarded/fool/ignorant/pathetic (and making sure to personally inform them of this too Wink ), when they are not really open to any thought but their own, when they just "know" that they are right.

And we can see how difficult it is for us all to not start behaving this way when the topic is so sensitive. (hey ! we all used to be like friends on other threads, remember ? Razz Laughing )

let's -close- it now before it gets out of hand.
Related topics
What is your favorite frihost poll ?
President Hu's surname the Bush headache was hoped everybody
What does Bush look like?
will pay friH$'s for a poll
Beginning of the End of the World?
Moderators: Why did u closed my poll ?
Bush - Somebody Like This Band?
A soldier's rant
George Bush Doesn't Care About Black People - Kanye West
Retarded leaders
poll system please
BUSH'S Poll Numbers Up
Threat to world peace - Bin Laben and Bush on Top
Is Obama working on points to get his poll ratings up?
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Frihost Forum Index -> Lifestyle and News -> Discuss World News

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.