FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

search engine friendly ??

netpro
Sad
What is google friendly / search engine friendly ??
can anyone tell me and explain it ??
and how to make a site google firendly, what is required??

Thanks
manumiglani
Google friendly sites are those sites which have a lot of content, less flash, less images, less image links, clean code through which spiders can browse easily and everypage of the site can be found with a maximum of 3 links from any page on the site.
cavey
A tip:

Press Ctrl+A on your webpage.
Paste the content in Notepad (or your preffered plain text editor)
Look at the content. Is something missing? What you cannot see here, the search engine cannot see either. For example text in pictures.

or disable css and pictures in your browser, and see what you are left with.
manumiglani
you can have a better view using any text browser or using seo explorer http://www.internet-marketing-australia.com/seo-explorer.php
vignesh_natraj
i agree with all the above posts. First you should have a lot of test in your website so that spiders can crawl them. Remember currently spiders cannot view images or graphics they can only read text. Also you should have a more search engine friendly URL
for example website .com/index.php?content_id=10 is considered as a dynamic URL but this can be changed to website .com/content_10.html to present it to search spiders
mysplice
vignesh_natraj wrote:
i agree with all the above posts. First you should have a lot of test in your website so that spiders can crawl them. Remember currently spiders cannot view images or graphics they can only read text. Also you should have a more search engine friendly URL
for example website .com/index.php?content_id=10 is considered as a dynamic URL but this can be changed to website .com/content_10.html to present it to search spiders

An important factor to consider. Since crawlers can't read images or dynamic scripts it's important to use "alt" tags for all your images. This is text which identifes the images. This indeed can be read by search engines. Also use "title" tags in anchors. If you properly use titles in anchors you will have even more words or content that is relevant on your site.
dude_xyx
Frames , java scripts and flash objects make things difficult for spiders.
manumiglani
mysplice wrote:
An important factor to consider. Since crawlers can't read images or dynamic scripts it's important to use "alt" tags for all your images. This is text which identifes the images. This indeed can be read by search engines. Also use "title" tags in anchors. If you properly use titles in anchors you will have even more words or content that is relevant on your site.

I do not think TITLE tag makes any effect on the search engine results. Does it?
SoftStag
Install Lynx browser and view your site. It may not look pretty, but this is what the search engines see. If you are using Flash/Javascript/Frames then you won't see much. So keep your site coded in HTML and make sure that when you view the site in Lynx that all the info is there for the search engine's spiders.
nappa
hmmm....there is one big question in my mind. What if we have to code a dynamic site (like php for example), does this cause google rank lower ?

To make the site more friendly, of course html is the choice but what if we need to make it in php? I know someone talk about modrewrite. Is that the solution? Thanks
manumiglani
nappa wrote:
hmmm....there is one big question in my mind. What if we have to code a dynamic site (like php for example), does this cause google rank lower ?

Not exactly; but spiders sometimes have difficulty in crawling webpages which have more than one variable in the url. I do not think you will have any problem until you use one variable in your page url and do not use session id's.

Quote:
To make the site more friendly, of course html is the choice but what if we need to make it in php? I know someone talk about modrewrite. Is that the solution? Thanks

You can also do that. You can covert every php page in html using mod rewrite. Here are some tips from the mod_rewrite guru http://forums.searchenginewatch.com/showthread.php?t=3925

Here is another great tutorial on mod_rewrite - http://corz.org/serv/tricks/htaccess2.php
billybob
I think most things have been mentioned but basically make sure your code is "clean" and dont use too much of the following:
NO frames
only use tables for what they are meant to be used for
too many images
text in images
flash

hope this helps
Ryan
zanetine
to make your pages google friendly you need to follow these points,

do not use too much keywords in title tag, use only genuine text in title tag. ideal is 3-4 words

do not overstuff keywords in your content.

do not repeat same keyowrds, you can use alternate words with same meaning

you can use images for yur designs, but for headings etc.. you should use heading tags.

do not ever think to make a page search engine friendly but think about to make your page user friendly. and it will be autometically search engine friendly.

and finally. your page should be readable without css.

and if you want to see how your page will be presented to search engine spider try this link:
http://www.webconfs.com/search-engine-spider-simulator.php
maffiaxl
In the google account there is a section webmastertools wich help you analyse your site to make it google friendly. It also tells you on what phrases people found your site and the avarege google position off the used keywords/phrases
zanetine
this the url where all google webmaster tools are listed , use your existing gmail id to use them or if you dont have gmail account then make one.

https://services.google.com/inquiry/publishertools?hl=en_US
tempdbs
netpro wrote:
Sad

Thanks

Dear,

Google is a very friendly and perfect search engine.

for example :

When ever you post some blog on your web page, that will be soon noticed by "Google Blog Search" engine. Cool

Just verify by clicking on "Google Blog Search"
SoftStag
tempdbs wrote:
netpro wrote:
Sad

Thanks

Dear,

Google is a very friendly and perfect search engine.

for example :

When ever you post some blog on your web page, that will be soon noticed by "Google Blog Search" engine. Cool

Just verify by clicking on "Google Blog Search"

As friendly as Google is, that was not the question. The question is how to make your site friendly to the search engines.