FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

High Gas Prices...........It was all a hoax

187 Outlaw
Now you can see what your government thinks of you. They lower the gas prices without any kind of explanation.Their pockets are fat with our hard earned money. So they decide to give us a little break so we can buy our kids Christmas presents.

And come next year they will raise the prices sky high. Dont you just love it?
Arno v. Lumig
Come on, be real... The situation in Iraq, a large oil country is getting better, so are you surprised that it's easier to get oil now?

Please, think before you post....

Greetz,
Arno
generalgazz
I hate it when I see an American complaining about gas prices.
Try living in England... I pay around 1.00 per litre... the equivalent of $1.90 per litre.

See how much you would complain if thats what you had to pay.... and you thought your government was ripping you off Smile
HDirtwater
Please stop with the bold posts. It is annoying as @#$!, not to mention silly. Oh, and by the way, sentences end with ONE period. ONE!!

I don't think this guy is for real. If you truly think you have a clue and believe this nonsense that you are posting, back it up with some stats/sources.
Liu
There were a few reasons why there were lowered gas prices.

The recent hurricane wasn't as bad as expected.
The link in the pipe in one of our major oil sources in Alaska wasn't as bad as it was expected also.
coolclay
Yes, some people with simple minds, have know idea how this world works. The sad thing is that they actually talk, and post things on the internet.
rightclickscott
It's all about supply and demend and competitor prices. The Government doesn't regulate gas prices, the people who sell the gas do. Now that gas is starting to be sold from the supplier at a cheaper price, the gas companies can start lowering their prices. Since their competitors are doing it, they need to lower theirs to stay in business.
sibbahz
Seems like the prices in England have dropped slightly here. Were 99.9 recently, now selling at 89.9. Its a nice break until they increase the price again.
gh0stface
sibbahz wrote:
Seems like the prices in England have dropped slightly here. Were 99.9 recently, now selling at 89.9. Its a nice break until they increase the price again.

I don't think they'll rise up again any time soon. This pass summer, the gas price has been heavily infalted. Mainly as a precaution for the hurricane season. I gas prices will probably drop back down to around 2.00 in US money(don't know what the converts in pounds) a gallon during winter. As long as there isn't a huge hurricane hit around the gulf coast, the price should steady out for winter prices.

Also, the supply and demand is working in our favor. Summer time is over meaning there's going to be less traveling.
Scammy
It seems that a lot of people keep blaming our government for things even when they don't control it. Oil companies affect gas prices, not the government.

What's next? Blaming the government for wildfires?
a.Bird
Scammy wrote:
It seems that a lot of people keep blaming our government for things even when they don't control it. Oil companies affect gas prices, not the government.

What's next? Blaming the government for wildfires?

But they won't stop until their wildfires have destroyed the very last surburban maple tree!
Starflier
generalgazz wrote:
Try living in England... I pay around 1.00 per litre... the equivalent of $1.90 per litre.

See how much you would complain if thats what you had to pay.... and you thought your government was ripping you off Smile

Hey, That's what we pay in Canada...
Soulfire
It could be partly government, but here's the situation...

1) More and more countries are developing, which means more and more gas is being used.

2) The more gas used, the less we have.

Following the law of supply and demand - supply goes down, with high demand, prices increase.

It's just life. I hate it as much as the next guy, but hey - cheaper gas, I'm thankful for it.
kikkin_asssssssss
i live in ais. we pay like 140 per litre but all of a sudden the fuel comapnys done a backflip and now there 1.08 pl but we are still no being past on the full discount.
Blaster
Your right bush does have a fat pocket. After katrina some coutry in south america offered us so many barrels of oil and bush denied the offer... Why? Because it gave him an excuse to up the prices.... think before you speak.
David_Pardy
You be needing to cite a source for that, Blaster Wink.

Prices have come down in Australia significantly.

2 months ago I paid AU$1.459/litre.

Today, the prices in Sydney were as low as $1.129/litre. Where I live, the lowest price will probably end up being $1.199/litre during the low peak periods (Sunday evening - 11am Wednesday)
Mwilliams
187 Outlaw wrote:
Now you can see what your government thinks of you. They lower the gas prices without any kind of explanation.Their pockets are fat with our hard earned money. So they decide to give us a little break so we can buy our kids Christmas presents.

lol... We knew what our government thought of us before they raised the gas prices.
Blaster
David_Pardy wrote:
You be needing to cite a source for that, Blaster Wink.

Prices have come down in Australia significantly.

2 months ago I paid AU$1.459/litre.

Today, the prices in Sydney were as low as $1.129/litre. Where I live, the lowest price will probably end up being $1.199/litre during the low peak periods (Sunday evening - 11am Wednesday)

I'll get it to you next time i'm on but for now i have to go and go to this boring place called school.
The_Gamer294
dude... Katrina wiped out a bunch of oil rigs in the gulf of mexico. Thats a major amount of oil per day not getting drilled out of the earth. I'm not sure but I think it took out a refinery somewhere near where it hit. Ever play runescape? As supply gets low prices get higher. Supply and demand. I do think the oil companies did take advantage of us. But then again oil rigs are expensive to fix, plus they need custom parts and other ships around the same size with a crane on it. I haven't heard about the south american country offering us oil though.
lance713
auctally, there was a few explanations. I just can't remember them/too lazy to search for them.
Jayfarer
Gas isn't 3 bucks a gallon anymore, but $2.80 still isn't cheap. Tell me when we're going to hit 1.80, please.
rightclickscott
This is the same reason why I've done two things aside from driving.

1: The Bus. It's cheap enough, and gets me to where I need to be. But what about those hard to reach places that the bus just can't get to?

2: Walking. I walk around anywhere the bus doesn't go. It's fairly good excersize, and it may give me a reason to hitchike.

With ways like this, people shouldn't complain about how high gas prices are when you can't even get around on your own two feet. However, since I am part conspiracy theorist, I do believe there is something strange going on, ever since all the electric cars were recalled and crushed into little cubes. It was such a great mode of transportation, along with the idea of ethonal. Until people start using alternatives to destroying our planets last natural resources, why should they drive at all?
Blaster
Sorry i can't find a link i read it in a paper and can't find it. But i do know that. But i can tell you it is the truth.
Dwyer17
I hear Venezuela has gas for $0.15 a gallon. Don't be tellin the president that thought, Venezuela is a beautiful country I wouldn't want to see us go to war with them.
Blaster
he wouldn't care really... he is making money off high gas prices.
snowboardalliance
generalgazz wrote:

Whats a liter? JK, But seriously none of us Americans can compare gallons to liters just by looking, I mean $1.90 sounds cheap but isn't that like $7.10 per gallon? Far more shocking to me.

Anyway, I don't care, I'm just happy with prices down to $2.15 around here.
TurkishGamer
Here is my opinion...

There is no situation in Iraq. Once the U.S gained control of the oil and gas, they pretended to blow up some of it in order to have an excuse for raising the price. With this much profits, they can buy all the terrorists they want in order to go into other middle eastern country (Iran or Syria)
SFMeatwad
It's China getting all of our gas.

Gas prices are going down since labor day, hasn't it? Yes.

I think my hypothesis was correct.

Mythbusters should've done something about that.
ItsWesley
snowboardalliance wrote:
generalgazz wrote:

Whats a liter? JK, But seriously none of us Americans can compare gallons to liters just by looking, I mean $1.90 sounds cheap but isn't that like $7.10 per gallon? Far more shocking to me.

Anyway, I don't care, I'm just happy with prices down to $2.15 around here.

Woah we brits pay THAT much? I knew we were getting ripped off but not by that amount!
SumPersonGuy
"I hate it when I see an American complaining about gas prices.

See how much you would complain if thats what you had to pay.... and you thought your government was ripping you off Smile"

-generalgazz

We used to be paying aroun $3.10 for gas before prices dropped, and when Hurricane Katrina hit, I saw prices as high as $3.65+!!

So Put that in your pipe and smoke it!
CharKargis Olort
I drive a van for my job and I'm very glad that I don't pay to put gas in it. I've been there for about a month and a half and I've put around $600 US in gas in it. The price has come down a great deal here in Florida. It was up around $2.85 or more, but now is around 2.45. My dad lives in Georgia and the price is around $2.09 there.
hofodomo01
Elections for the house is coming up. Need I say more?
Dwyer17
I read an article a little while ago that said that over the next two years, the price of gas will be going down and that by the end of those two years gas will be hack at $1.15 a gallon. The article also mentioned that now is a good time to buy an SUV. Psh. For what?!? We are running out of oil here! No need to waste! But anyways, I really hope the article was right. Another side of me says that I really hope the article was wrong thought. If gas keeps going up, we will seek alternative fuels and maybe find a very cheap alternative, that would be nice. Also an enviromentaly friendly alternative.

Just a thought.
psycosquirrel
Yeah, Bush decided to lower the prices on gas for us, just like his weather machine made Katrina put New Orleans underwater.

Like previous posters have said, I think this is out of the government's control. I mean, oil is really one of the reasons we keep bothering the poor idiots over in the Middle East.

Either way, we need to stop using gas. It is bad for the environment and is already in short supply, who knows how long before we run out.
scotty
Get a bicycle.
Josso
I don't call 1.01 per litre a hoax!
Kaneda
SumPersonGuy wrote:

generalgazz wrote:

We used to be paying aroun $3.10 for gas before prices dropped, and when Hurricane Katrina hit, I saw prices as high as $3.65+!!

So Put that in your pipe and smoke it!

Eh? "Even" $3.65 per gallon is still only about half the price of gas in most European countries, including England. $1.90 per litre, like generalgazz quoted, = $7.19 per gallon.

So, as generalgazz said, stop complaining already. Even when your gas prices are "high", they're cheaper than our prices at their lowest. Smile

But then, of course, we also generally have those nice vehicles doing twice as many km/litre as the US gas hogs Smile
CompactHaven
187 Outlaw wrote:

I need a source, and this is in the wrong section.
jenice
There was one local business here who recently shut down. They closed after 25 years of business with the comments, "I'm tired of raping the public on gas prices." He said that he was sick to death of all the jacked prices that they charge him that force him to charge customers a higher price in turn to make a profit.

On his last day open he decided to sell off his leftover gas quickly by offering it up for $1.50 per gallon.

The gas was gone within hours.
Blaster
It has to do with the elecrtions coming up soon. The people in office want to be like look we did you a favor vote for us so we can raise them again.... its all a hoax...
CompactHaven
generalgazz wrote:
I pay around 1.00 per litre... the equivalent of $1.90 per litre.
... and you thought your government was ripping you off Smile

We do more driving in America, and are more spead out.
I don't know what $1.90 per leter is in gallon terms, because I'm too lazy to do it right now just to prove your point, but I'm sure it's more.

Well I'm playing the Devil's advocate here, but just because you're paying more dosen't mean you're getting ripped off more than we are. You have to concider the fact that America less expensive sources for gas, so proportionately, we could still make out worse. I don't know if that's the case though.
poet
The price of gas can be blamed on many things as we all know, only reason I would say the goverment is they have the power to keep the oil companies in check which seems they do not care to do.

Ok then lets blame it on a hurricane, lol, sorry I laugh but to blame mother nature on this one is very funny to me.

Sure you can blame the middle east if you want, but there is more then one country involved in the cartel over there and I have seen no mention of the south american country that runs citco.

There is a good point I have seen that the ones mostly to blame is ourselves, just wonder why folks need to jump in a viechle to go two blocks or even a mile for that matter, esspecially during the summer time. No matter where you live when it comes to gas prices always count on two things, in the summer when travel is up gas goes up, in the winter the oppisite.
gh0stface
poet wrote:

Ok then lets blame it on a hurricane, lol, sorry I laugh but to blame mother nature on this one is very funny to me.

Why would blaming mother nature be funny? Mother nature CAN indeed cause rising gas prices especially in hurricane season. Majority of the oil pumps are located of a coast and drilling into the ocean floor in order to get oil. If a hurricane is near or hits one of the oil rigs, it can be disatrous by spilling large amounts of oil into the ocean killing animals and potentially plant life. When hurricanes are near, oil rigs tend to stop production. When you stop production, you have to look elsewhere for oil source.