FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Airline Safety........Yes you need to worry





187 Outlaw
For those of you who in my opinion are brave enough to fly God Bless you. some of you feel that you have to fly, and you will fly no matter what kind of risks you may be taking.

Besides all these risks......How many of you get nervous when you see a person with a turban or somebody that is of Islamic desent get on the plane with you? I bet you think more than twice........But you still continue with your flight dont you? Go with your first intuitions.......Take another flight........or just take a bus.

Most of you do not know what the most dangerous part of flying is........The answer is mechanical problems!!! How often do you think they are building passenger aircraft? Not as often as you think they would. Most passenger aircraft is over 20 years old.........Thats right 20 years old.

Would you feel comfortable driving a 20 year old car? I dont think so. The airlines are making millions of dollars off of you, but they are not using that money to make new aircraft. So the next time you are 35,000ft up in the heavens.......Think about that.........Think about if you crash.......You will fall to hell before you get back to heaven.
Becky
I've never been on a plane before, and dont think i ever will either.
And its not just because of the terroist attacks, or because of possible mechanical problems. I just dont like the idea of flying, so i never will unless i have to. Cool

Is this thread meant to make everyone scare of flying by the way?? I would love to see some positive thoughts on why planes are good...because their must be some Laughing
Bondings
And still a simple car ride in the city is much more dangerous than flying in a normal civilian (nor Russian tupolev) plane.
Loghete
187 Outlaw wrote:
For those of you who in my opinion are brave enough to fly God Bless you. some of you feel that you have to fly, and you will fly no matter what kind of risks you may be taking.

Besides all these risks......How many of you get nervous when you see a person with a turban or somebody that is of Islamic desent get on the plane with you? I bet you think more than twice........But you still continue with your flight dont you? Go with your first intuitions.......Take another flight........or just take a bus.

Most of you do not know what the most dangerous part of flying is........The answer is mechanical problems!!! How often do you think they are building passenger aircraft? Not as often as you think they would. Most passenger aircraft is over 20 years old.........Thats right 20 years old.

Would you feel comfortable driving a 20 year old car? I dont think so. The airlines are making millions of dollars off of you, but they are not using that money to make new aircraft. So the next time you are 35,000ft up in the heavens.......Think about that.........Think about if you crash.......You will fall to hell before you get back to heaven.


I don't like what you say.

And stop using bold in every post.
Scott
Planes are very safe, and often well maintained. Planes barely ever crash. Driving in a car is WAY more dangerous.

Scammy
I know a lot of people who drive cars that are well over 30 years old. It's not a matter of how old it is, it's how well it's maintained.
HDirtwater
First off, I think the original post is some of the most ignorant drivel I've read in a while, and the bold just makes it worse.

Now that I've got my Internet-OCD tantrum out of the way Wink I have to say, I love to fly. Statistically (as has already been stated) it is the safest way to travel. Honestly, I think the OP was just inflammetory and written to get a reaction (and enough points to apply for an account).
gh0stface
Statistically, flying is the safest way to travel. Mainly like Scott said, the planes are much better maitained. Every time they take off and land they check everything thoroughy. On the negative side by travelling plane, statiscally you're more like to die in an airplane crash.

For cars, statistically you're more likely to get involved in a car accident. However, also statistcally you're more likely to survive one.
standready
187 Outlaw wrote:

Would you feel comfortable driving a 20 year old car? I dont think so.

I do! My cars a 1984, 1978 and 1972. I keep them maintained and take me safely a long trips.
A well maintained airframe can stay in service for over 40 years.
coolclay
Yea about they car thing, every car I own and every car I have ever owned is and was older then 20 years old, I think older cars are a heck of a lot safer then new cars. New cars are all plastic, old cars were solid metal. Now tell me which is stronger plastic or metal. A lady hit me a few years ago with a brand new car, I had a dent, she had a completely totaled front end. My repairs cost $200, hers cost $11,000.
ArmaghBhoy
cars are far more dangerous, flying is the safest way to travel when you consider the amount of flights per day, although on average there is one plane crash per day, think this includes light aircraft and stuff
James007
187 Outlaw wrote:
For those of you who in my opinion are brave enough to fly God Bless you. some of you feel that you have to fly, and you will fly no matter what kind of risks you may be taking.

Besides all these risks......How many of you get nervous when you see a person with a turban or somebody that is of Islamic desent get on the plane with you? I bet you think more than twice........But you still continue with your flight dont you? Go with your first intuitions.......Take another flight........or just take a bus.

Discrimination and prejudices. Not the things we like here. Keep that in mind.

187 Outlaw wrote:

Most of you do not know what the most dangerous part of flying is........The answer is mechanical problems!!! How often do you think they are building passenger aircraft? Not as often as you think they would. Most passenger aircraft is over 20 years old.........Thats right 20 years old.

So? They get checked regularily, although I don't think they get checked enough in Russia.

187 Outlaw wrote:

Would you feel comfortable driving a 20 year old car? I dont think so. The airlines are making millions of dollars off of you, but they are not using that money to make new aircraft. So the next time you are 35,000ft up in the heavens.......Think about that.........Think about if you crash.......You will fall to hell before you get back to heaven.

Keep that positive spirit!
Sava
I think that 187 Outlaw is ready to die ... Smile
luciddream
The security is just getting absolutely ridiculous. The fact is, if a terrorist wanted to take down a plane, they can get around any security requirements without too much trouble.
RT Cunningham
Aircraft are inspected for mechanical problems more often than you check your car. In fact, the engines are inspected before every flight. It doesn't matter how old an airplane is. I used to watch the maintenance people work on the jet engines and the airframes when I was in the military. They're very thorough.

I once got on a civilian airplane that I had been on more than 20 years prior to that. The inside was totally different. The first time, there were no overhead compartments whereas the second time there were.

I've flown on so many planes I've lost count. I've never even been on one that had problems with it's landing gear (which used to be common).

Anyone who thinks driving is safer, has never driven here in the Philippines. It's almost like a demolition derby -- more time is spent avoiding other vehicles than moving straight ahead!
Blaster
Bondings wrote:
And still a simple car ride in the city is much more dangerous than flying in a normal civilian (nor Russian tupolev) plane.

100% aggreed. Couldn't have said it better myself. Cars are just as dangerous. And some 20 year old cars run better and safer then cars from say 2005. Its just like some wise man once said... You can die getting out of the bathtub in the morning.
Dwyer17
Airplanes are much more reliable than cars. I feel safe to the ultimate extreme when I fly, even with "terrorists" on board. They aren't going to do me any harm. I will stop flying when it's no longer possible to fly. Flying is the shit, and it gets me places fast.

Airplanes are a safe haven if you ask me.
standready
standready wrote:

A well maintained airframe can stay in service for over 40 years.

To follow up on my comment. Airframes are used for 80,000 hours to carry people then turned over to transport cargo. During this time, airframes and engines undergo regular inspection and maintenance which is carefully logged. A typical engine is used for only 8,000 hours.
ciaran27
Well, from the sound of your posts, I take it you are an American. I am, born and raised. I'm sorry, but I have to have a go at this one. The narrow minds of my fellow Americans never cease to amaze me.

1. the whole thing about people of "Islamic Decent" If you will take a brief look at history, you will see how hypocritical that whole paragraph and the mindset that inspired it was.

Early American History: America is "Discovered" by europeans looking to expand their empires, and is claimed, divied up, fought over, and all the while nearly distroying the people that were here for years apon years before.

Near Past American History: America becomes one of the most wealthy and powerfull countries in the world by a slew of true americans who worked hard and honest to get what they obtained, yet history failed to record, and a few who chose to meddle in other, mostly less fortunate countries affairs who history followed by calling them heros and patriots.

Recient History: America's government without world consensous invades a sovergn nation under the guise of a lie meant to create fear and justification.

Now you are telling me I should be afraid to get n a plane because someone chooses to practice another religion that the media has sensationalised as being the root of all evil?

2. Before you go making incredibly short sighted and narrow sighted claims about air travel being so unsafe, do what the good ppl that have replied to this post have and look at the facts. Air travel has aways and continues to be one of the safest, and speediest way to travel. It brings you more of the things you have in your daily life than you would be willing to do without. It allows families to see each other living thousands of miles away. It allows people to visit and vacation, and experience anywhere in this world, to share cultures , understanding, and step past the narrowmindedness that is taking this country by storm.


Think before you type. A lot of peope here that post quality discussion to better this community do so. Have the respect for others to do so yourself.
hack_man_
I understand someone not wanting to get into a 20 year old car... But what if it was in mint condition? Or in a museum? Think again.

Besides, the life span of passenger airliners is huge! 4-50 years! You are obviously forgetting that most parts in a plane are checked and changed often. They expect the A380 to go through as many 40 different engines in it's lifetime.
nathanuk
A car ride in the country with a brand new car is still dangerous. Imagine that you are speeding along a quite road and and other car who cannot see you is also speeding along the road. A head on collisions would kill both drivers and possibly passengers. As far as i know(i am probably wrong) but i dont think there has ever been a head on collision with aeroplanes. Alot of terriost fears start with that person been a racist who automaticaly catagorises people, and his view on muslims is "oh no he is a terrorist, Kick him out the country" I imagine alot of people have heard that before. Its up to you to belive what you want but think of this. how many car acidents happen a day compared to plane crashes
generalgazz
I got to fly on monday morning, I'm not really worried.
If we crash then its just too bad, I have to die sometime right.
Billwaa
well, I have been flying on a plane 9 times this summer, and I haven't have any problem. Beside when I travel back to US the plane have some violent events or something, 10 police car and a emberance arrived at our plane and the police make all of us sit down and show them our passport.

Personally, I don't like to ride airplane, I think they are danger. However, I don't have a choice becuase I almost flying back and forht to asia ever year. I am not going to ride a boat...
Meggsy
I love flying, especially the bit where you are on the runway and the pilot goes full thrust in a 747 and you are pressed back into your seat. Only flown for two holidays though.
ainieas
These are hard times and we have got to heed to rules that have only been made to keep us and our families safe but somebody tell me, or rather assure me that something is not going to happen like - "Hey Jack! See that brown guy over there? Ten bucks says I can have him thrown him out of the plane!".


And please authorities, define "suspicious behaviour" for me. Because I don't want to face the warth of the authorities because of something I might haveunknowingly done. So tell me for sure what is "suspicious behaviour". I need to know that and I need to be assured that I won't be targeted because of the colour of my skin or the way I dress or talk.
sonam
I am not wory about fly, cars are more denger.

Quote:
Would you feel comfortable driving a 20 year old car?


Yes, I got one for using (20 year old Ford) because I haven't money to buy something for me. And I am going everywhere without any bad thing in my mind.

Sonam
chrisu
I don't know any people that have been in a flight accident, but I know people that have been in car accidents (luckily almost all of them have surrvied). So the odds for being in a flight accident ain't big.

And as many of you already said, old cars ain't dangerous to drive if they are well mainteind. This goes for airplanes too. And the requirements for the planes conditions are huge.

So I'm not worried about flying and neither about driving with my car.
Cal_123
I have no problem with flying. I'm training to be a pilot at the moment.
As you say, you have to worry about mechanical problems. If you had that attitude in life, you would fear walking across a road incase you got hit by a maniac. Or you would fear going somewhere without being attacked. It's just one of those things in life where you have to 'take the risk' Although most passenger jets are 10-20 years old, about 1 per 2-3 years crashes. Safe enough for me, always has been. I've been flying since I was 2, and it never phased me once. Confidence my friend. Laughing
godam64
any kind of transportation means can lead you to death and you can not deny it. just taking a walk can be get shot by a psychopat or hit & run by a car driven by a innocent old woman. taking a bike and loosing a brake will get you another dead risk, and many more example.

you also should never have perception about people only from the race or face. you can easly get tricked. just look at the movie and you can see that not all people with bad race or face are bad and there are many innocent looking people are criminals. keep it in mind Smile
Related topics
Surf Sub-Sonic
Justification for War in Iraq
Florida airline shooting.
Do we need Religions?
first bike...
why did "god" create "satan"
Need Advice Please....
accounts........yes i desperately need help.......^^
HOW does religion start wars?
Airline Moves Dead Body to 1st Class
Absent minded pilots
Airlines -- arrrrrghhh!
horror movie rules!!!
Megaman Phoenix
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> General -> General Chat

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.