FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

COOL SEO SITE..WHAT DO YOU THINK?

sspecialme11
Hi,
This is a cool idea (www.linkcountdown.com) - basically like the million dollar homepage, but with textlinks that help with SEO. Prices started at $1 and increases a dollar every link, so you want to get in while its
cheap. The last links will cost towards $1000, but its around $30 now I think. They give away prizes as well.

Gimme your feedback on this!
Thanks.
coreymanshack
I think increaseing a dollar per link is a little outrageous! Razz
manumiglani
mmmm............ seems like a good idea........
qbawler311
Yeah I'm sure there will be a lot of this kind of thing happening after the success of the Million dollar web page. Anybody who pays $1000 for a link is a sucker in my opinion.
nappa
I think who ever bought link from this website is not quite know web marketing games. First of all, I don't see this linkcountdown.com site rank well at all, plus the PR is suck !!!

what a waste to buy Confused
coreymanshack
nappa wrote:
I think who ever bought link from this website is not quite know web marketing games. First of all, I don't see this linkcountdown.com site rank well at all, plus the PR is suck !!!

what a waste to buy Confused

I'm with you nappa.
askchris
I agree with the above the PR does suck, although one thing to bear in mind it does state on the website that it is an experiment, so it is probably some hard up student trying to earn some extra beer money.

Good luck to them
vynes18
Haha, another great trick to earning huge income.
only unique can making huge money, gambadea
dude_xyx
Hmm the site doesn't even have PR so i don't think its really useful you can by PR5 link for a 1 dollar for its not worth it. i don't think anyone who has experience about SEO would send $1000 for link in that time not even $50. maybe in future if it get better PR.
wlb
I think or should fundamentally do, completes the website, pay money for seo is unworthy
littlegiant
On the contrary, I think if the idea flies it might be well worth it to pay $1000 (if you could afford it, that is) for the last link as that link will be listed at the top.
shenyl
30 links sold. I am not sure, if that site will appear well enough to be invested on, to host a paid link.

site:www.linkcountdown.com is registered in Google, but hard to find the site using search words with links.

Wonder what is the value add in registering with the site.

Not convinced.
littlegiant
Well I don't think this site was intended to be successful through search marketing. I think they're going entirely after the viral marketing thing. And I'm not entirely convinced it's going to be successful either but if it is then it could be worth the money. Don't forget some web directories will charge you up to $300 a year to get listed.
SoftStag
An interesting idea, although the only person that really benefits is the guy that set it up.

Personally I wouldn't pay to have my link on there, I'd rather work on getting quality links. I'd also be concerned that they put all 1000 links on the one page - Google will penalise the site for that and not pass any significant PR on to the linked site.