FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Irritatingly annoying Trivia question. Prize for winner.

Lusiphur
I'll donate 20 of those frihost dollars to the first person that answers this question. Be warned, I or none of the people I have asked have found an answer and we have scoured movie collections for it.

So onto the question.

Name an Actor or Actress that has acted in all 3 movies of 3 seperate trilogies.

An example could be Eddie Murphy who was in all 3 Beverly Hills Cop movies, or Any of the LoTR actors.

What makes it harder is that it what defines a trilogy, for this question we much use the following definition of a trilogy.

A trilogy is 3 movies, each movie must be based around the events of the same character/group of characters. Only current trilogies count, so no future trilogies (ie Dr Doolittle 3 or Shrek 3).

It can only be 3 movies, as soon as there was a 4th (rocky 4, Alien Resurection) it turns into a series and no longer counts.

This question has been bugging me since it was asked, if anyone has an answer I would love them for EVER!

Further examples of what I'm talking about.

Huge Weaving.
- Lord of the Rings
- The Matrix

Bruce Campbell
- Evil Dead Trilogy

Ian McKellen
- X-Men
- Lord of the Rings

Jet Li
- Once apon a time in china (then I remembered there was a 4th)

Hopefully I've explained with clearly enough Smile

Good luck if anyone attempts it.

PS. Do me a favour, if you think of any actors in multiple trilogies please post them so I can strike them off the list. Thanks Very Happy
gh0stface
There are a few that comes off the top of my head.
Arnold Shcwarzaneggar(or however you spell his last name) in Terminator.
Sylvester Stallone in Rambo.
Michael J. Fox and Christopher LLoyd in Back to the Future.
Keanu Reeves, Laurence Fishburne, Carrie-Anne Moss, Agent Smith in the Matrix.
Leslie Nielson in Naked Gun.

Would Mark Hamil count in the Star Wars trilogy count? Or wouldn't because there's 6 over all Star Wars movie even though the first 3 were crap although they were nice information provider...

Also would Pirates of the Carribean count with Orlando Bloom, Jonnhy Depp and Keira Knieghtly count? Afterall, the third one has been done filming, it's just in post-production with editing and touch up stuff. Or would that still be considered in the future...
Lusiphur
They are all trillogies, but the point is to get an actor that is in 3 different trillogies.

So you need the actor to be in Move 1 2 3 in Trilogy A, and movie 1 2 3 in Trilogy B etc.
gh0stface
Lusiphur wrote:
They are all trillogies, but the point is to get an actor that is in 3 different trillogies.

So you need the actor to be in Move 1 2 3 in Trilogy A, and movie 1 2 3 in Trilogy B etc.

Ok, I understand what you meant now. I misread what you wanted. This might be a little more tougher then I thought.
generalgazz
Thats hard, is there an answer to this or are you just guessing there is?
gh0stface
The only actor that I can currently think of your riddle is Antonio Banderas. He was in the El Mariachi Trilogy
1. El Mariachi - 1992
2. Desperado - 1995
3. Once Upon A Time In Mexico - 2003

and in Spy Kids Trilogy
1. Spy Kids - 2001
2. Spy Kids 2: Island of Lost Dreams - 2002
3. Spy Kids 3-D: Game Over - 2003

Man, your puzzle is hard.
JoeFriday
Harrison Ford almost makes it

Star Wars
Empire Strikes Back
Return of the Jedi

Raiders of the Lost Ark
Indiana Jones: Temple of Doom
Indiana Jones: The Last Crusade

Patriot Games
Clear and Present Danger
but he wasn't in The Hunt for Red October!
gh0stface
JoeFriday wrote:

Star Wars
Empire Strikes Back
Return of the Jedi

Raiders of the Lost Ark
Indiana Jones: Temple of Doom
Indiana Jones: The Last Crusade

Patriot Games
Clear and Present Danger

Harrison Ford counts as one I guess so far. Although they're currently making a fourth Indiana Jones movie. Which by the OP, that would take him out of the running in the future.
rein
Eddie Murphy almost makes it.

-He was in all three Beverly hills cop pictures
-He will be in all three Shrek movies
-He was in two Nutty professor flicks
-He was in two Dr Dolittle films

First time i'm praying for a sequel Razz
Lusiphur
Harrison Ford is a close call, but as you said he was only in 2 of the Jack Ryder movies, he wasn't in the 3rd.

And yea, once they make either a third Dr Doolittle or Nutty Professor, if Eddie is in it he would be the winner.

And no I don't know the answer, this was asked to me by a mate while chillling in a bar, and has been annoying me for a week now.

I think I have spent nearly 3 days on imdb going through actors Razz
ylmun
JoeFriday wrote:

Patriot Games
Clear and Present Danger

Also, Harrison Ford was not in The Sum of All Fears which is also part of this series. If I'm not mistaken, this disqualilifies the Jack Ryan/Tom Clancy movies, since they are no longer a trilogy... BTW, doesn't Star Wars no longer count as well?

Man, this is a great question...especially when you're in a bar with your friends. BTW, what's the prize? Besides your gratitude?
ylmun
I have another close one for you:

Ian McKellan was in:

The X-Men trilogy
The LoTR trilogy

Sadly, it doesn't look like he has any other movies close to being a trilogy.
mic79
Christopher lee was in:

Fu Manchu
Return of the muskateers
Lord of the rings

At least 3 in each of those!!!

Leslie Nielsen:

Naked Gun
Scary Movies
Airplane

Sequels at least in those movies.
Lusiphur
Remember that he needs to be in all 3 movies in each of the 3 trilogies.

And yea, this is a great question to ask people in the bar, especially your friend that believes he knows every thing about movies.

Star wars is weird. Technically it is sold as 2 seperate trilogies, so it could be considered as either. I go with the 2 seperate trilogy idea as it makes it more likely this question can finally be answered.
ylmun
If Star Wars is considered 2 trilogies then Christopher Lee is sooooo close

he was in

LOTR

The Musketeers: The Three Musketeers, The Four Musketeers, Return of the Musketeers - There's an "Erotic Adventures of the Musketeers", but I don't think that's part of this trilogy.

and episode 2 and 3 of the Star Wars movies. I think he read the script from episode 1 and said "No f***ing way am I going to act in this piece of dreck"

Oh well, let's just wait for Dr. Doolittle III or Nutty Professor III.
Lusiphur
I am being cursed at by a lot of people about this. It's at the point where friends are emailing me and my boss is texting me obscure actors.

I don't think there is one, but the amount of actors that are soo close makes it seem possible.

Gonna suggest it as a question in my local pub quiz, bound to annoy people.

Thanks to everyone for your help, hopefully someday I'll get the answer Sad
dlbtmail
jacky chan

police story
winners and sinners
rush hour
HoboPelican
dlbtmail wrote:
jacky chan

police story
winners and sinners
rush hour

Not sure, but I think there were at least 4 Police Storys, making it a series, not a trilogy.

Hmm, Are we sure there is an answer?
mkpmitchell
to answer your question. there are no actors/actresses that have played characters in 3 separate trilogies. the list of actors who've been in 2 are below

Talia Shire (Rocky and Godfater)
Mel Gibson (Mad Max and Lethal Weapon)
Sylvestor Stallone (Rocky and Rambo)
Harrison Ford (Star Wars and Indiana Jones)
Hugo Weaving (Matrix and LOTR)
Matt Damon (Ocean's and Bourne)
Ian McKellen (X-Men and LOTR)
canadol
Well he did say three Trilogy's and only Trilogy's. so Matt Damon seems to be the only one
IceCreamTruck
Yea for Matt Damon! I have liked his acting in the "Bourne" movies, and many others, but he did just lose some points in my book lately. Have you Seen EuroTrip? Not his best roll!!!! ;-p I was catching up on some films that I never did get a chance to watch, and saw him in that last week. Yuck!! Chalk that one up to another bad guy roll for M. Damon as well. I like him better as a good guy.

If I had to throw out a guess it would be John Wayne -- "The Duke"

But that was just my first guess because of the number of films he's been in that I've seen. John Wayne will outlive film. I guess him just because of the number of films that he was in, not because I know any of them to be trilogies. It's a good hard question...
Blu_Spykz
Jackie Chan!

Rush Hour!
Lucky Stars!
Police Story!

I thought I had found one in Michael J. Fox (BTTF 1-3. Stuart Little 1-3, and homeward bound 1...and 2)

I'm not sure on how many "Lucky Stars" film there were for JC though.
Mavrix79
Alot of you are missing the point.

Jackie Chan Doesnt work because there is for Police Stories

Harrison Ford doesnt because there is 4 Indiana Jones Movies, 6 Star Wars Movies and 4 Jack Ryan movies

Eddie Murphy will not work becuase they already when they do a 3rd Nutty professor and they already had a third Dr Doolittle, also it looks like he may doa 4th BH Cop.

Christopher Lee has done alot of movies but only 2 Trilogies fit Muskateers and LOTR

Right now I dont believe there is a possible answer. The one that will possibly come about is Stan Lee. He has been in All 3 of the XMEN and SPIDERMAN movies and 2 of the Fantastic Four movies. There is a third FF Movie coming out however there is also a 4th Spiderman. So if FF comes out first Stan Lee will be the one for a short while, if not then we will have to continue to wait and see.
Beefcurtains
Hugo weaving

Matrix
LOTR
Transformers(megatron)

I'll take my money please
Dan35h
Lusiphur wrote:
I'll donate 20 of those frihost dollars to the first person that answers this question. Be warned, I or none of the people I have asked have found an answer and we have scoured movie collections for it.

So onto the question.

Name an Actor or Actress that has acted in all 3 movies of 3 seperate trilogies.

An example could be Eddie Murphy who was in all 3 Beverly Hills Cop movies, or Any of the LoTR actors.

What makes it harder is that it what defines a trilogy, for this question we much use the following definition of a trilogy.

A trilogy is 3 movies, each movie must be based around the events of the same character/group of characters. Only current trilogies count, so no future trilogies (ie Dr Doolittle 3 or Shrek 3).

It can only be 3 movies, as soon as there was a 4th (rocky 4, Alien Resurection) it turns into a series and no longer counts.

Hi,

Not an obvious one as the trilogy most would overlook is actually a voice part. A couple have mentioned him already. Hugo Weaving has been in the Matrix trilogy, Lord of the Rings trilogy and Transformers trilogy as the voice of Megatron! I think these 3 trilogies count as a hattrick of trilogies...it's been bugging me for years too!

This question has been bugging me since it was asked, if anyone has an answer I would love them for EVER!

Further examples of what I'm talking about.

Huge Weaving.
- Lord of the Rings
- The Matrix

Bruce Campbell
- Evil Dead Trilogy

Ian McKellen
- X-Men
- Lord of the Rings

Jet Li
- Once apon a time in china (then I remembered there was a 4th)

Hopefully I've explained with clearly enough Smile

Good luck if anyone attempts it.

PS. Do me a favour, if you think of any actors in multiple trilogies please post them so I can strike them off the list. Thanks Very Happy
osullivankate
It's Ian McKellen

All 3 X-Men movies (X-Men / X2: X-Men United / X-Men: The Last Stand - they're considered the trilogy)
All 3 LOTR movies (The Fellowship of the Ring / The Two Towers / The Return of the King)
All 3 Hobbit Movies ( An Unexpected Journey / The Desolation of Smaug / The Battle of the Five Armies)
deanhills
Probably time to close this "contest". Wink