FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Two unclear things about the rules

Da Rossa
Hi, I read the TOS, FAQ and some sticky topics and didn't find them:

1 - What if I put a forum in my site and the users go out of control and begin puting links to warez, torrent sites and etc? Will I be responsible even if I make it clear that the forums have rules and make the best effort to quickly ban those men? The same to comments in a scrapbook or blog comments.

2 - Torrent trackers do not host any illegal files. What if I (just to make clear: this is hypothetical) constitute a closed forum to few members, password-protected for the users and to guarantee the low traffic, and like public tracker torrents in there; or else installing the own torrent board (very similar to the phpBB and derivatives) to build a private tracker, very protected to strangers? Would you detect it by feeling? In general: how do you deal with users that make closed forums?

Tks!
Bondings
Da Rossa wrote:
1 - What if I put a forum in my site and the users go out of control and begin puting links to warez, torrent sites and etc? Will I be responsible even if I make it clear that the forums have rules and make the best effort to quickly ban those men? The same to comments in a scrapbook or blog comments.

There is no way to completely prevent this. However the boards need to be moderated and those things need to be removed as fast as possible.
Da Rossa wrote:
2 - Torrent trackers do not host any illegal files. What if I (just to make clear: this is hypothetical) constitute a closed forum to few members, password-protected for the users and to guarantee the low traffic, and like public tracker torrents in there; or else installing the own torrent board (very similar to the phpBB and derivatives) to build a private tracker, very protected to strangers? Would you detect it by feeling? In general: how do you deal with users that make closed forums?

No we don't allow torrents at all at the moment. The fact that the forum is closed doesn't matter.
Da Rossa
Thank you Bondings for the fast response, it's solved, feel free to close! Wink
Daniel15
Also, I don't believe that the data centre that FriHost (Layered Technologies) allows torrent trackers on any of their servers. If so, then there's no way around this (if you host a torrent tracker, they'll take the whole server offline until it's removed)
Anyways, -close-d