FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Flock :: A New Web Browser

niranvv
Check out the new open source browser Flock!

Quote:

Flock is an amazing new web browser that makes it easier to share media and connect to other people online. Share photos, automatically stay up-to-date with new content from your favorite sites, and search the Web with the most advanced Search Toolbar available today.

Remember, its in beta phase only!

Quote:
The main features are here:

Photos

Share and discover. Use drag and drop to share your photos, including built-in support for Flickr and Photobucket. Subscribe to your friends' photo streams and be the first to know when they upload new pics.

Search

Delivering results. Search your favorites, your history, and the entire web, as you type. Popular search engines are always within reach.

News

Get the scoop on what matters to you, pronto. Click the [Subscribe icon] button in the address bar to start building your own personal news service, updated with fresh content every hour.

Blogging

Post almost anywhere with our easy-to-use built-in blog editor. Drag and drop photos or text snippets from any web site

Favorites

Click the blue star to mark any page as a favorite. Search your favorites from the search box, sync your favorites between multiple computers, or tag and share them with others.

Laughing

Its almost same as firefox!
I think, they are using the same code from Firefox!

But the difference is It has a nice default theme!
and one more option Accounts and services!
using that you can integrate your blogs, and photosharing to the browser itself!

Im posting some screen shots for accounts and services window!

Wink
PseudoKnight
Yes, it is based on the FireFox code.

I've been wanting to try it for sometime just because of a couple features, but I'm scared that I'll end up using three browsers (opera, firefox, flock) instead of just the two right now.
{name here}
If I gave a damn about social networking this may be a great solution for those with a LiveJournal and a MySpace profile. Until then I'll stick with KMelon for my Gecko engined needs.
redice
Very good. I'll try it!
exarkun
I agree it is good and the default theme is nicer than firefox. However, firefox also has its own theme site that makes it looks nicer. So I think there is generally no difference.
VFisa
iam still getting the error code during the upload process. how to solve it? Twisted Evil
niranvv
VFisa wrote:
iam still getting the error code during the upload process. how to solve it? Twisted Evil

Whats the error you are getting man?
And Getting error when you are uploading what?

Rolling Eyes
varun_dodla
The photo uploading feature really interests me. In our company here we have a lot of pics taken in our digicams but no way to empty them as there are no other means as CD writing or pen drive usage....so goin to try it out right now.

Thanq for sharing all ur views on this.
the6thfactor
It's a very nice browser, I used it for quite some time. Yes it's based right off the the firefox source. If you blog and send photos alot, etc... definitely the best thing you can find next to FF itself Wink
neosree
There is nothing useful for me. I am sticking to my one and only favorite, Opera. There is no features special for me in this new browser also.
Eyre
i've been using flock since it first started, and it's not bad. i do use firefox most of the time, but when i'm designing and uploading i use flock because it's easier Very Happy
Sphaerenkern
If you didn't know, there's a Beta (of the beta?) out now, 0.9. The interface has been improved and some new features appeared in comparison to the stable version.
ennnzo
It does look like Firefox! Maybe it was based from it.. Confused
Sphaerenkern
Of course it is!
Quote:
Since Flock is built on Mozilla's code base...
myrevolt
...And Firefox (/Firebird/Phoenix) is based of Mozilla Suite which in turn had its roots from Netscape. There is also IceWeasel that is a derivative of Firefox.
silverdown
I am downloading it and going to try it out Very Happy thanks for the telling us!
PseudoKnight wrote:
Yes, it is based on the FireFox code.

I've been wanting to try it for sometime just because of a couple features, but I'm scared that I'll end up using three browsers (opera, firefox, flock) instead of just the two right now.

I use Opera,Mathon (IE alternative), Firefox,Mozilla( plain mozilla before firefox was made go http://www.mozilla.org/products/mozilla1.x/ if you dont believe me some challenged me to supply a link and lost Very Happy)

IF I like this software ill use it to:D
corey
myrevolt wrote:
...And Firefox (/Firebird/Phoenix) is based of Mozilla Suite which in turn had its roots from Netscape. There is also IceWeasel that is a derivative of Firefox.
Love the Linux plug there. Iceweasel is not much of a derivative, as far as I can tell. Its just got the branding removed to avoid conflicts with the Debian Social Contract.
ennnzo
Maybe it's better than Firefox since Firefox was based from Netscape and Firefox turned out to be better. I would like it if it were more popular. That way, a lot would contribute add-ons and plug-ins and skins which they lack obviously.
Clever_As_Sin
ennnzo wrote:
Maybe it's better than Firefox since Firefox was based from Netscape and Firefox turned out to be better. I would like it if it were more popular. That way, a lot would contribute add-ons and plug-ins and skins which they lack obviously.

Not at all. It is not better than Firefox as it uses firefox 1.5 as its core. But now Firefox 2.04 is available and it exposes much more features and is faster and more secure than its predecessor. As a matter of fact Flock is the same firefox 1.5 with pre-installed new theme and several addons for blogging and making notes. You'd better use Firefox 2 and install those addons manually (from menu, it's quite simple) to get the look & feel of your will.
imagefree
[img]http://traffic.alexa.com/graph?o=l&c=1&f=555555&u=www.flock.com&u=mozila.com&u=opera.com&u=&u=&r=3y&y=r&z=1&h=300&w=610[/img]

here is the Alexa comparison of Mozila, Opera and Flock.

Opera got first and Flock second. Mozila is almost nill.

(it is just a traffic rank not browser's popularity).