FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How does frihost make money?

Mwilliams
Frihost has the best free hosting plan but how do they make money if they offer everyone ad free hosting?
blackheart
A good magician never reveals his secrets Wink .

To be honest, I personally don't really know. I am guessing (and this is just a guess Cool ) that it is through advertising on the forums.
Mwilliams
If it is through advertising, they do a good job at it. The ads on this site are really interesting (unlike other sites).
Aless
Advertising. By making us post in the forums, we see wayyyyyy more adverts than any typical website would force you to look at through average browsing.
dac_nip
hmm.. if they rely on advertisement only on forums, I don't think that would suffice. something is missing..maybe there are some other ways they make money. Very Happy
Daniel15
Nope, I'm quite sure that we make money entirely through the advertising. There's heaps of users here, and heaps of users means heaps of ad views and ad clicks. Heaps of ad views and ad clicks means enough money to pay for the servers Smile
MidgetLoverRecords
I could be wrong, but I'm fairly certain they have lemonade stands all over South America. They get cash that way.
Becky
MidgetLoverRecords wrote:
I could be wrong, but I'm fairly certain they have lemonade stands all over South America. They get cash that way.

Yup, thats totally how they earn their money Cool
aceflooder
I think they already own servers so they pay for phone bills and electric bills.Ads can make enough money for them.

Is a hosting server too expensive thing?
sketteksalfa
i once find some article in google and it leads me to this forum until i find
Frihost and what it is all about and i registered. Frihost, i think somehow benefits from our postings. Aside from our regular visits, people can find topics leading them to this site making a great click stats to Frihost. Thats what i guess how they earn.
-SonyGamer
To be honest, I wouldn't know. Maybe from the ads Frihost has and that some of the users getting hosted for free might donate Frihost some money?
avk
i too think the same.. it is through the ads in the forum.

<removed by mOrpheuS> - that's against adsense TOS, please don't post such advice.
Sava
Becky wrote:
MidgetLoverRecords wrote:

Yup, thats totally how they earn their money Cool

I have to try that for sure ... I guess I'm gonna be a millionare
poisonhzkj
Maybe through the ads..
roach831
THE ADS
allanxiao
See how many ads there are on this website, you'll find out.
Daniel15
Quote:
I think they already own servers so they pay for phone bills and electric bills.Ads can make enough money for them.

Well, actually, since the servers are hosted in a data centre, we need to pay a monthly fee for the server. Also, you forgot to mention bandwidth costs Wink

Quote:
Is a hosting server too expensive thing?

You can look at http://www.layeredtech.com/ for pricing... It's definately not cheap Wink
ArmaghBhoy
I was wondering this myself, hosting isnt cheap!
sibbahz
There must be a fair few people interested in these pay per click advertisements to pay for servers. Seen servers being over 100 a month to rent before.
James007
Question has been answered again. Please use the search function, because this question has been asked before.

-close-