FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

a "browser" within a browser

zjosie729
I have made a browser homepage for myself that uses frames and lists all the most commonly used websites on the left frame. All links from there will open in the right frame, keeping that navigation intact. Sometimes I want to go to other sites, but I also want to keep that frame there. I'd like to make a "form" where i can input the site url I want to go to and it will open that website in the frame on the right. Is there anyway to do this with PHP or any other common languages?
PseudoKnight
Are you sharing this 'browser' with other people or something. That's the only possible reason I can think of why you'd want to do this.

Yes, you can easily do this in PHP or even javascript. Rather than writing one myself, I did a 5 second google search.

http://www.htmlcodetutorial.com/help/ftopic3747.html

That can easily be adapted to your needs. (ie. remove 'www.domain.com/' from the base; set it to change the frame)
Philip
like www.youos.com ? Smile

or is there someone teach me how to build a proxy browser ? Smile
PseudoKnight
Well there's tons of community bookmarking sites and even ways to stick them on the left of your real browser. I used netvibes for a while and that features just this type of stuff. Delicious offers great bookmarking tools and has a lot of support. I know in Opera it's incredibly easy with Panels.