FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How to fade your scars (c-section)?

tar-xzv
I had a c-section 8 months ago and the scar is still fairly pink (dark pink). I tried using creams with Vitamin E as per doctors recomentions and havent seen much changes.

Any others with long scars (c-section or other surgery related) that got to fade them with something or it just takes time?

Thanks.
furtasacra
Try a cocoa butter cream. Cocoa butter is good for scars and stretch marks, and it's just an all-around good moisturizer. I think Palmer's has one that also has vitamin E in it too. Look on the bottom shelf in the skin care aisle at a drug store. They usually keep the cocoa butter goodies down low because they're fairly cheap, and retailers prefer for people to buy expensive stuff that doesn't work ... Rolling Eyes
Azmo
I'll actually try this. havnt had any surgery tho, just some evil scars from times I dont wish to remember anymore. Ok I'm lucky I got my scars mostly on my arms, but also got one in my face, so hair covers most of it.. but still ugly to look at.. tnx for the advice Furtasacra
mel_t
I think it just takes time. I had a C-section 2 years ago, and my scar is still fairly visible, but it is a lot flatter than it used to be.
beuriefied
I have no idea what a c-section is. Question

but i have alot of scars too. because of carelessness XD mostly on my legs because of mosquito bites but i dont want to have a surgery. i fear that something bad might happen. there are alot of semi-cheap products out there that offers scar removal. mostly i see it on tv shopping Wink
driftingfe3s
Try some fade cream. Look at the ingredients and make sure it has Hydroqinone. Hydroqinone helps even out hyperpigmentation. There has been talk that Hydroqinone is bad for you. I guess its up to you if you want to try it.

I had a huge area of hyperpigmentation on my face from when I fell down. I used creams with high vitiman E and coco butter (stick form) and it went away in a few months.
mel_t
beuriefied wrote:
I have no idea what a c-section is. Question

It's a Cesarean section - surgical delivery of a baby
kevin briggs
Dermatix is a transparent, self-drying silicone gel that improves the appearance of scars.

* Softens and flattens raised scars
* Fades red or dark scars
* Relieves the itching and discomfort of scars

Dermatix is a Topical Silicone Gel that is transparent, self-drying and maintains the skin's moisture balance, while aiding the management of scarred skin surfaces resulting from surgery, burns and other injuries. Dermatix has shown to flatten, soften and smooth scars, relieve the itching and discomfort of scars as well as reduce the discolouration associated with scars.

Dermatix gel is easily applied to all areas of the skin, including the face, joints and flexures, and dries rapidly to form an invisible "sheet".

Dermatix was developed using the same basic long chain polymers as topical silicone gel sheeting, but it is available in a tube. It contains polysiloxane, silicon dioxide. The gel is supplied in tubes of 15g.

What is Dermatix gel used for?

Dermatix is used for the management of scars after the wound has healed and the skin surface is intact, and in the prevention of scar development in the form of keloids and hypertrophic scars resulting from general surgical procedures, trauma wounds and burns.
Polysiloxane, Silicon Dioxide
How should Dermatix gel be used?

- Dermatix must not be used on broken skin.
- Be careful if applying Dermatix around your eyelids to avoid contact with the eye
- The gel should be applied in a very thin layer to the affected area twice daily
following the instructions below:

- Clean the area to be treated with mild soap and water, pat dry
- Gently spread a very thin coat over the affected site.
- Allow to air dry for 4-5 minutes before covering with clothing or make up
(Please be aware that Dermatix may stain clothing if it is not completely dry)

If Dermatix has not dried within 4-5 minutes you have used too much, remove the excess and allow the drying process to continue.

- Cosmetics can be applied over Dermatix following complete drying.
- Dermatix can also be used on children.

The recommended minimum duration of use is 2 months
Further benefits may result from extended use.

When should Dermatix gel not be used?

- Dermatix should not be applied to open or fresh wound
- Dermatix should not be placed in contact with mucous membranes or applied too close to the eyes
- Dermatix should not be applied over antibiotic skin preparations or other skin treatments and/or products.
- Dermatix should be applied to clean, dry skin only.

Are there any possible unwanted effects of Dermatix gel?

Rarely, the gel may cause redness, pain or irritation to the skin. If you are concerned about these or any other unwanted effects consult your pharmacist or doctor

How should Dermatix be stored?

- Keep out of reach of children.
- Keep gel away from the heat
- Store below 25°C
- Do not use after the expiry date (EXP) printed on the pack
filet
i use natur E Garden Of Eden..thats the best vitamin E oil so far ...works faster