FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

My site, work in progress

charseips
This is my website in construction phase at the moment. I am trying to make it decent and want to eventually use it to sell my skills as a video editor, I have limited website design experience (limited to this site) and really could do with some tips/advice/suggestions and the like.

I recognise that there is a lot to be done but anything you can think of would help, the brainstorm isn't going well at the moment.

Many thanks

Mark
Dwyer17
Hmm.. Kind of a plain site there. Know what I'm saying? No offence though. Your portfolio does not work for me, just to let you know. Maybe it's just me.
coreymanshack
i couldn't get your site to load? wuts up with it?
rayx
Yeah it is too simple and plain. Looks like a document to me.
coreymanshack
ok now i got the site to load, and like that other dude said... it looks like you made that in microsoft word! Razz
Arno v. Lumig
I advice you to read the HTML and CSS tutorials on www.w3schools.com. These tutorials will really get you started with site building, and I'm sure you can make a really attractive site soon. For now it is looking a bit too simple.

I would like to say that pages with a yellow background never look good, you should try some lightgreen-lightblue-greyish colours.

Greetz,
Arno
Jaan
M8!!!! OMG. PLEASE, PLEASE - NEVER make people donwload your videos. UPLOAD them to google video or Youtube, and then embed.
Site layout is crappy, though I understand it's under construction. I recommend you install a content managment system like Joomla.
Other than that, some nice content in there.
Cheers.
{name here}
Use your image skills and make yourself a nice lookin' site. Get Nvu or Dreamweaver.
awesty
first of all, you should learn how to use <table>, <div> and <span>.

you should never make a page up with only <p> tags.

also, open up photoshop, make a cool site layout, export it into dreamweaver and upload it.
charseips
Thanks for the advice, I completely agree with everything each of you has said.

Sorry I haven't replied but my laptop broke and I've been working flat out for the past couple of months.

It has changed but is still boring and useless, i have changed the layout a bit and the videos should now stream- mostly in mpeg4.

I did make it on Dreamweaver but got fed up with trying to understand it in the small snippets of time I have. Part of the frustration was with things like getting it to use frames and to actually strem the videos (which is what I set it to do- certainly the more complex site I tried just failed completely)

I like the idea of using utube, I think I might ignore the site and just upload them there, or pay someone else to do it for me.

thanks
again any thoughts or suggestions are welcomed and appreciated
plato
Do u think it is proper to advertise anincomplete website?
rayx
I think nothing is improving on your site, just still as plain at the last time.