FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

EasyPHP and MySQL

webgeek
Hello guys!

I downloaded and installed EasyPHP in my computer (WinXP SP 1). I am using it for creating my web templates. I have been using the software from of old PHPTriad (before it became commercial). My problem is I don't know how to put a password for root. EasyPHP by default does not give root a password, which is OK by me. However, there are website software applications -- like Drupal -- that won't install without the password for root.

(Drupal installs tables using this formula "mysql://root:password@localhost/dbase_name" if one of the items in this formula is not filled up, it acts crazy)

How do I change the root account so that it would have a password? With PHPTriad it was easy, but I can't use it now since it is outdated. Can anyone please help me with this?
rayx
I also used this this on my localhost for creating dynamic webpages and it is a complete package on a single installation which include APACHE, MYSQL and PHP.
djclue917
webgeek wrote:
Hello guys!

I downloaded and installed EasyPHP in my computer (WinXP SP 1). I am using it for creating my web templates. I have been using the software from of old PHPTriad (before it became commercial). My problem is I don't know how to put a password for root. EasyPHP by default does not give root a password, which is OK by me. However, there are website software applications -- like Drupal -- that won't install without the password for root.

(Drupal installs tables using this formula "mysql://root:password@localhost/dbase_name" if one of the items in this formula is not filled up, it acts crazy)

How do I change the root account so that it would have a password? With PHPTriad it was easy, but I can't use it now since it is outdated. Can anyone please help me with this?

You're talking about MySQL's root password right? I think you can use phpMyAdmin for that. I haven't tried it though since I use a LAMP stack (I don't use Windows Very Happy). You might also want to take a look at the config files just to be sure.

I hope that helps...
ncwdavid
I use WAMP which installs phpmyadmin, Aphache 2 and PHP 5 and I just created a new user in phpmyadmin and put a password on it.
marixworld
if what you mean is the root password of the of the mysql databse, you can change by entering mysql and typing a SQL statement on the mysql prompt (e.g. UPDATE user SET password=PASSWORD('yourpassword') WHERE user='root'Wink. Also, you can alter it at PHPMyAdmin.
DoctorBeaver
The problem I had was related, but different. I added a new username & password then deleted the default. After that I couldn't get in at all. Fortunately I'd taken a backup of everything just prior to the change and managed to recover everything.