FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Wii Launch Date and Price Revealed

izimngcubes15
I didn't see any topic on this matter, so I'll make one.

Nintendo Wii is going to launch on November 19, 2006 at only $249.99 in U.S.! It is now revealed with interface and Wii channels; new channels including Photo channel, forecast channel, and Mii channel. I like the ideas. It's really cool. If you want to see the videos, go to IGN.com or Gamespot.com! Laughing
QrafTee
izimngcubes15 wrote:

Nintendo Wii is going to launch on November 19, 2006 at only $249.99 in U.S.! It is now revealed with interface and Wii channels; new channels including Photo channel, forecast channel, and Mii channel. I like the ideas. It's really cool. If you want to see the videos, go to IGN.com or Gamespot.com! Laughing

Hmm, nice to know. I like the price (and was hoping it would be something like that), but what do you mean by the added channels? Like are they special TV channels you can access when you hook up the Wii to your TV? And how does it reach a central station for the channel to work, Wi-Fi, broadband, antenna? Quite interesting indeed.
linkman2004
QrafTee wrote:

Hmm, nice to know. I like the price (and was hoping it would be something like that), but what do you mean by the added channels? Like are they special TV channels you can access when you hook up the Wii to your TV? And how does it reach a central station for the channel to work, Wi-Fi, broadband, antenna? Quite interesting indeed.

Wii channels are basically what certain features on the Wii are called, sometimes acting kind of like a TV channel. The Mii channel is one of the channels that comes built into the console, shich allows you to make your own character for certain games.

But you can also get a news channel through Wii-Connect24, using a Wi-Fi connection, which will display the latest news.

Another channel is weather. If you get this one, you will be able to view simple forecasts.

And the last known channel is the photo channel, which will allow you to view and edit pictures and movies off you your digital camera's SD card.

Anyways, I really actually like the price, especially considering what you get. And since Wii sports comes with the Wii, I can't wait to duke it out with my brothers on Wii Sports boxing, bowling, tennis, baseball, and golf. Smile

The only thing that's kind of icky is that a controller set(Wii-mote, nun-chuck) is gonna be $60. Oh, well.
Loghete
Like I said in another thread, I just hate that it will cost 50 more in Europe!
Evil or Very Mad

I thought the Wii would cost about 200, when I compared to the prize in USA. That's OK for me. But 250 is just too much! It isn't cheap anymore!
RoughitforGreen247
I love that its coming packaged with WiiSports. That games compatibility with the Mii channel should make it pretty cool, especially how you can take your miis with you on your controller. I wish they had it packaged with more controllers though. For a game like Madden Wii 07, which I definitely want to get, its going to be another 110 after the wii console to get that game and have enough controllers for some good multiplayer action (including the game, wiimote, and nunchuck addon).

Have you seen the Red Steel videos? They are amazing looking. Shame about MP3, but I'd rather it be an amazing and well-made game in 2007 than a barebones thing at launch.
brevity
I haven't really done too much research on the Wii, but I probably will end up getting one at some point. I'm hearing a lot about the wi-fi ability... that seems pretty cool. It's enticing, but I just don't really buy new systems. It's just not worth the money to me when I'm perfectly entertained with older stuff, and besides, the price bottoms out when a new system comes out sooo it's practically pennies for what was "the latest and greatest" yesterday!
Jayfarer
It all sounds fine to me. I don't know why some people complained about the $250 tag - it's still the cheapest console. I don't even count the $300 Xbox 360 core package, because it's not the way it was meant to be played.
Loghete
Quote:
It all sounds fine to me. I don't know why some people complained about the $250 tag

In Europe it's $316. That's not very cheap.
Whong
Loghete wrote:
Quote:
It all sounds fine to me. I don't know why some people complained about the $250 tag

WHAT??????????????????????????????

Wasn't it in Europe 249 also? 316 that's a lot of money! Man than it's not cheap anymore:( Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Mad Confused
Loghete
Whong wrote:
Loghete wrote:
Quote:

WHAT??????????????????????????????

Wasn't it in Europe 249 also? 316 that's a lot of money! Man than it's not cheap anymore:( Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Mad Confused

Yes, it is 249 in Europe. But $316
QrafTee
Loghete wrote:
Yes, it is 249 in Europe. But $316

Yeah, I did a currency conversion and that's quite true, but that price doesn't really matter. I believe what matters is how much is 249 compared to the price of the Xbox 360 and the PS3? If it's too close to the other consoles then it's not worth it (to people obsessed with graphics anyway).
driftingfe3s
Loghete wrote:

Yes, it is 249€ in Europe. But $316

Still wont it be cheaper than the 360 and PS4?

I think its an awesome price considering it comes with Wii Sports! I was so suprized when they showed Boxing in Wii sports. I started to like boxing after reading a boxing manga, Hajime no Ippo. I love the Wii and I hope to buy one. What sucks is the controllers are expensive; the remote will cost $39.99, the nunchuck $19.99. So if you want some 4 player gaming your gonna have to come up with $180.
Saryon
Hmmm 249, I expected it to be a bit cheaper actually.
Still, its not that much, compared to the other consoles.
People who go for graphics wont care about it, since you dont buy the Wii for the graphics, but gameplay.

Ah well, 249 is when it comes out, wait 2 months and its already 200 probably.
photon
if at all im gonna get any console, its gonna be the wii. its controller is pretty damn cool, is priced significantly lower than 360/ps3 and its all i ever need. keeping my fingers crossed
Zpanzer
izimngcubes15 wrote:

that sounds really nice, one of the really expected consoles from my personal side, i really whant it more then the ps3, and the price, nothing to complain about, it is really really nice and im looking forward to it Smile
Rad Ultima 2
I think the Wii will be completely awesome. Thanks a lot for the info; I now think the Wii will come out on top of the PS3. I mean Mario, Metroid, and Zelda with their starting price for $250 USD is really something.

How much is the PS3 again: $600+ USD? Those living in Europe will have to get a loan to get it? Laughing
Dwyer17
I suppose that's a much better price than any of the other new systems. Still pretty steep price though.
djwayno
i do actually think this Wii is gonner dominate this generation of gaming. They have a new technology that is real cheap. Unlike xbox and playstation who have just improved their exisiting consoles and charge very high prices.

Im thinking of getting the Wii. I do have one quick question about it.

I know they have a classic pad, for game cube games and retro games. But do they plan on releasing new games for it or is everything going to go through the remote.
QrafTee
djwayno wrote:
i do actually think this Wii is gonner dominate this generation of gaming. They have a new technology that is real cheap. Unlike xbox and playstation who have just improved their exisiting consoles and charge very high prices.

Im thinking of getting the Wii. I do have one quick question about it.

I know they have a classic pad, for game cube games and retro games. But do they plan on releasing new games for it or is everything going to go through the remote.

I think the Classic Console Pad is only useful for the retro Virtual Console games while the Wii Remote/Joystick/other add-on are for the Wii games. No certain plans, but that is my conclusion as forcing us to have to buy a Classic Console Pad would be a slap in the face for the "affordable" console.
Juparis
I too thought the price would be cheaper (esp. for the controller)... It just means I'll have to wait a couple extra months/years for the price to go down.

...I already blew away most of my money on a 360, and while I think it's worth the money, there just isn't enough there to get both the 360 and a Wii. Sad
Whong
Juparis wrote:
I too thought the price would be cheaper (esp. for the controller)... It just means I'll have to wait a couple extra months/years for the price to go down.

...I already blew away most of my money on a 360, and while I think it's worth the money, there just isn't enough there to get both the 360 and a Wii. Sad

Well I think the price tag will go down a bit after couple of months after release!

Hope you'll get it, Wii is super cool! Wink Idea
QrafTee
Juparis wrote:

Where do you live? It doesn't cost too much in the U.S. since most people were expecting it to be around the $250 mark. You live in Europe or something? I heard Colombia has it the worst (in terms of Wii price) if that makes you feel any better.