FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Frustrations setting up new FTP account! HELP!

seastatue
I've read the tutorial for FTPing and can use the default FTP account fine.

I'd like to set up another FTP with a different password for another uploader. I'm using Core Lite 1.3c for my client and have used it a lot with no problems.

I've clicked the "create new ftp account" at the top of the FTP Manager page and created an account, but something must be wrong with my settings.

My user name is seastatu for my host account and my site is, say, bottleneck. I'm able to FTP now fine with FTP name: bottleneck.frihost and Username: seastatu.

In adding a new user's FTP account called "uploader", wouldn't the sytax be the same? I used the same FTP syntax above in my Core client and added the new user name and password I have configured in the FTP Manger on the server.

No dice. It's not working. What am I doing wrong?
Sunny
I think you should be using username as <newuser>@<yoursubdomain>.frih.net, like in your case it should be uploader@bottleneck.frih.net
seastatue
Sunny wrote:
I think you should be using username as <newuser>@<yoursubdomain>.frih.net, like in your case it should be uploader@bottleneck.frih.net

Thanks, Sunny. I'll try that. Core Lite separates the user name from the actual subdomain, so I have the bottlenect.frih.net on one line and the uploader on the user line. Let me try using uploader on both lines and see what happens. Back to you in a few...
seastatue
Sunny, I tried it now. I've never seen an "at" sign in ftp syntax before. I tried it in Core, though, and that doesn't work either. Any other ideas?

Anyone else have a 2nd FTP id set up?