FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Microsoft OneNote VS Office: What's better for students?

mah_lau
I recently got a laptop on monday (thanks grandpa!) for my post-secondary educational convienance. My grandpa was freaking out because the laptop didn't come with Microsoft Office or anything like that... but there was a program called Microsoft OneNote.

I was skeptical at first. I didn't want to try new things or use it... It looked like a basic word processor-- but a couple days ago, I actually opened it and tried it, going through a quick tutorial to learn the basic functions of it... and I actually really REALLY liked it! It functioned like a physical notebook with electronic qualities.

I love the program, and I've decided on not installing Microsoft Office. I use my laptop for lecture notes and reading notes-- so far no need for spreadsheets or anything-- As for presentations... it's no PowerPoint, but it can get the job done.

Has any other students (no need for post secondary) used this program and found it good for your laptop? Or do you prefer classic Office?

(I know this might go into the software section, but I want to aim this question towards students, because I am one!)
kazikame
I think OneNote is for taking notes, so if that's all you're going to be doing, stick with that.

If you need to do other stuff though, I think you might as well get Office. The student edition's pretty cheap.