FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

what will u do if u dont find job??

shishir.K
In the mighty earth u can find hundreads and thousands of jobs waiting for the deserving ones..
u just need to take some pain in searching..

bu what to do if u dont find one. Everyone knows how hard it is to find a job. so i had a teacher answer this question of mine...

n guess what answer i got???

he said: My boy u dont find job u create job for urself....

i was surprised to hear this... first i laughed. .. n didnt thought abt it.... but later when i had to i thought it deeply n now i am highly benefitted by it....

i bet u r also laughing ....

but think abt this deeply. take it to ur heart. it has got deeper meaning than u would probably have thought.

u will realize once u understand..... Idea Idea
kazikame
You'll get one eventually if you keep looking
onemoment
Ive found it hard to find a job, whenever i whinge about it my friends always tell me the same thing, to not be so picky! Great friends..
xpiamchris
i hate job findind cause it always seems like you have to suck up or make recruiters like you. i'd rather be my own boss and start my own company
arkebuzer
shishir.K wrote:
In the mighty earth u can find hundreads and thousands of jobs waiting for the deserving ones..

bu what to do if u dont find one. Everyone knows how hard it is to find a job. so i had a teacher answer this question of mine...

i was surprised to hear this... first i laughed. .. n didnt thought abt it.... but later when i had to i thought it deeply n now i am highly benefitted by it....

but think abt this deeply. take it to ur heart. it has got deeper meaning than u would probably have thought.

Its a scary thought for sure :S
Im studying for becoming a fireman (got 1,5 years of education left). If I dont get a job after my education is finnished I guess I will just take a random job (like I have done during all the summers so far) and just wait until a job as fireman comes up.
There are allways jobs... even though it might not be the job of your dreams its still a source of income. Its better to get a bad sallary and a bad job than getting no cash at all Wink

Regards
bartdou
I'll go on looking for one....
em0o
i think that teacher is right.
S3nd K3ys
I think the teacher is correct also. Wink

or

Sneak into Amerika, it's easy and we got plenty of jobs. Surprised
The Shogun
If I don't get the job I want, I'll have my mother get me a job in the government. Cake. I'm not too worried, though I'd rather pursue graphic design, myself.
Linda_B
If I can't find a job that is suitable for my qualifications then I drop my standards. If you need a job then there is no room for being picky.
marcmgeronimo
i guess i'll just think of something to do where i can earn money, doing business for example. I think there are lots of job being offered in the market now and it is only us who have to choose which are the one that we like.
Insanity
I don't think it's possible to never find a job; maybe it's not a job you'd like doing, but I'm pretty sure you would be able to find a job if you have the determination to do it.
kannadi
There are a lot of self employment scopes avilable- Make use of them
visworld
subscribe for the annual season man utd membership and host a website Smile
Covert-Waffles
Ive got a part time job right now, Ill soon be a full time college student, so I cant maintain a full time job. Hopefully things will start picking up sooner or later, I know Im lucky to have one right now. Hopefully I can keep it.
Insanity
Even if you can't find a job, you can always find something productive with your time that will help you professionally. Volunteer opportunities are great, and so are internships if you can survive financially without a job for a while (applies in particular to recent graduates who may be able to lean on their parents for a while). They give you good experience that you can put on your resume, and will take up some of your free time that might be spent watching TV or playing games.
deanhills
A good strategy could be to pick a company that you really would like to work for and study what positions would be available for you, or what contribution you could make. Then describe to them what you can do, and offer to work for them for free for say a month and see where that leads you. If it works out, it could lead to a permanent position.
lucian0127
I will try something to earn some money like a part time job, or doing an online blogging to earn some money... and if theres an opportunity to have a full time job, and its time for you to grab it Smile
rogue_skydragon
This is perhaps one of the biggest concerns on my mind right now. I am graduating from university in a few weeks, and I have absolutely no idea where my income is going to come from after graduation. Ideally, I would like to have a comfy job that isn't manual labor and minimum wage, but it feels as if the reality is that I will not be able to obtain such a job. Waiting tables and cleaning dishes is not something I want to resort to, but it looks like this is what I'm going to have to shoot for considering the terrible economy. Though I have a good degree from a prestige university, good jobs are few and far between these days for the young middle-class college grad.
David_Pardy
Hmmm...

We should differentiate between jobs and careers.

Personally, I would much rather have the stability and goals provided by having a career in mind.

Having nothing but just a 'job' turns life into a mind-numbing, tedious operation. If you have a career in mind, then your focus is on what you want to achieve - how often do you really strive in just a 'job' to achieve greater things? Even if you manage to do so, they're not as great as you would do if it were something that you were aspiring to in a vocation you actually want to do.

Personally, I will have no trouble pursuing my desired career next year. I'm going to join the NSW Paramedics Service, and there are plenty of jobs available in rural areas Smile All I have to do is pass the qualification process (of which there are about 8 stages) and then I just have to get stuck into the studying and training Smile
socceraggie
It may not be the longest string of unemployment by any means, but I spent 6 months last year unemployed looking for jobs. The first 3 months after being let go from my employer I struggled through a string of interviews for jobs that I wanted to thought I was qualified for. In a better economic situation I probably could have obtained one of these jobs. Instead I found a job that I enjoyed but it was not a position that was to the level that I wanted or thought I should be.

What I learned from being unemployed is that you have to let go of any pride you have and go after a job that will provide income and benefits for your family. Starting your own company or doing some kind of consulting/contracting/freelance work is a great way to bridge the gap and may become something more. I found that this is very rare. When looking for a job, focus your time and efforts on networking as much as looking through the want ads. Who you know will pay off more than finding the right job posting.

The 2 jobs I've had since last year were both through someone I knew from a previous job or that I met through my job search process. I've even made friends and contacts from sitting in a cafe having coffee. Put yourself out there and meet people and success will come to you.
taytay
What CAN I do if I don't have a job? No money equals no internet, no internet means no Frihost, and no Frihost means my life is meaningless Crying or Very sad
Greatking
if you realize you don't have a job you create one, which is what i will do one day, become an employer instead of employee! there are jobs out there of course but one that suits you or one you really want which comes with special benefits its rare to find. so you create one to help even more people.
mattyj
Ive never had any trouble finding a job...so i guess the secret is get qualifications....

I recently resigned from my current role and the regional manager offered me more $$, better role at a bigger site just to keep me...i took it coz the reason i wanted to leave was i didnt like the location where i am now

get qualified is the secret
nigam
if ever i can't find a job...what would i do is to go for small business as a part time but i would still keep looking on it and if my business will grow, i will focus on my business rather than finding a job.
app893
To find a job is a very happy thing for me,job makes you make money and learning things from each other.
Barmij
Go on living and look for something else. If you didnt get it, it just means it wasnt meant to be.
pll
If I don't find a job, I'll probably finish in a carton Box house, eating myself because I'm too hungry.
But I'll try anything before I finish like this .
Greatking
i would set up my own business, ie create jobs for others as well. i will become creative and productive.
deanhills
I can't imagine not having a job, but it is probably a very realistic situation to expect that it could happen. I must say I am very poorly prepared for that eventuality. It would probably be wise to always have a second option available as a back door in case something like that could happen.
locksmith
If i loose my job, i will go to the beach and relax for some time and then start to build my on business. Wink
Insanity
Go volunteer or work somewhere as an intern. Good experience even if you don't get paid you get something out of it.
Greatking
i would create one.
employ people so the can work for me.
its better than sitting around and doing nothing.
better start something that will earn some income in the long run than wasting time looking for a job.
menino
I always believe that somewhere out there, there's a job with your name on it... you have to find it.

Creating a job is not that easy, but if its what you can do well, then that is the way to go.

I always fear of losing my job, especially since I lost it 3 times (2 quits, and 1 fire).

But the job I have now I love it, being in the technical field, but I may lose this job as well, since my boss wants to bring his own people in, but because I have a little skill, he can't.... for the moment.

I like Dean's idea, that perhaps you could find a position in a company you like well, and offer to work for them for free for a short time, although, in a lost of companies, they will take advantage of you.

I worked for free for 2 months, and I didnt expect them to pay for it, but my boss at the time liked my work, and fought to get me that 2 months pay. Smile
socceraggie
If you gotta pay the bills, take whatever you can. When I was unemployed I was doing freelance work for local companies that couldn't afford to hire me full time or pay me benefits.
engammalsko
I won't work, dah?
No, but I would probably try to earn money in another way. Making my own business or something like that.
deanhills
If I don't find a job, I will still keep trying until I do. I rarely give up on anything. I like Greatking's advice however of creating a job. It does not have to be of the budding millionaire type either. One could start small with running errands for people, or finding fun things to do with which one can earn small change at first.
watersoul
I've always taken any dirty, hard work whenever I've been 'between decent jobs'.
In 20 years of being able to earn money I've probably been unemployed for a total of perhaps 8-9 months. This includes times when I've returned from travelling in Asia and landed back in the UK with nothing in my wallet apart from a maxed-out credit card. Any job will do me for the short term, and perhaps I'm fortunate that there are always some horrible jobs available in the UK that struggle to retain workers due to the generous welfare benefits available here - some folk clearly prefer to live on benefits than chase the minimum wage option so that helpfully reduces the competition sometimes.

The self-employed option is certainly something I guess we all would aspire to if we could, but then in reality it's not an option for everybody.
I've usually taken any rough job when I've needed work, then focussed all my 'free time' toward searching the well paid career job I really want. In my experience, I've always found potential employers more impressed with me working an unrelated 'stop-gap' job while searching the jobs in my field - if nothing else it shows flexibility and versatility.
debjitbiswas
I juat start a business so no need to apply anywhere.
iman
maybe you should try starting a business instead?
deanhills
watersoul wrote:
I've always found potential employers more impressed with me working an unrelated 'stop-gap' job while searching the jobs in my field - if nothing else it shows flexibility and versatility.
I would be impressed as well. Most people seem to be OK to live on unemployment. I had a friend in Vancouver who preferred doing piece work like this to either unemployment or employment that he did not like. He actually thrived on it, and the physical labour also managed to keep him fit. Almost like being self-employed.
crimson_aria
I've been looking for a job for months now, but the months idle had been my choice. I was a fresh graduate and I tried a job for a few months soon after and didn't enjoy it. Now I'm pursuing a different path - something I quite love. Now I'm not just looking for a job, but for a job I know I will enjoy, even if it will require me to work too hard. The thing I do these days is put my days into something meaningful. I read a lot of books, practice my technical skills, learn new softwares. and in time, I know I will find that job for me.
nigam
well, if you can't find a job, you should start selling some of your stuffs online or to your neighbors that is not useful to you and maybe useful to others....this will help you know how to manage a small business and who knows, you will be successful in this career.
raaeft1
This is the major issue over which my wife is quarrelling with me. I resigned from my job as a journalist last year after 27 years of service and now I am without a job that gives regular salary.
She accuses me of sitting at home and doing nothing. But I have tried to launch my own news portal and am devoting my energies to it. I have so far not generated any revenues and she feels worried about the finances that all the savings will be eaten up.
She does not understand that it is very difficult for a veteran scribe to get a job these days as the market is tight. So the only option is to have a business of one's own although it takes time for the revenues to come in.
She does not understand all these factors.So it is.
biolu
I think if you make the effort, you can always find a job. Even if it's not your dream job!
standready
shishir.K wrote:

I am not laughing. I started my own businesses when I got laid-off - became a freelance mechanical engineer plus developed my own unique product - see my sig.
Insanity
Starting your own business may be an option, but it's risky for someone who doesn't know what they're doing.
Radar
I think it would be interesting to deal with, and hopefully a learning experience.

If nothing else, hopefully it would give you some time to become better at your job itself, and also increased motivation.
faruq
man, if you dont get your job, try make your own job.
Very Happy
try simple one, sell lemonade juice, etc.
forsh
I am currently in this boat right now, needing workand have some skillsets, I just got back from China to America, and it feels like the job market was much better in China, I got work there easily
Insanity
I think it differs a lot depending on country, but then again it is also based on what sort of jobs you are looking for. Certain jobs may be more plentiful in certain countries because of the way their economes are, or how scarce the labor is for those jobs. For instance, if there's a lot of computer scientists or engineers in India, there won't be a very good job market there, and you might be better off in the US. Also, you should take into account the fact that there are a variety of places to work in the US. The US is a huge country, and the demand for certain jobs would differ a lot based on where in the country you are located. If you don't find jobs in one lcoation, you could try moving or looking for jobs in another state.
deanhills
I would keep looking. I rarely give up. For me there are a million ways of getting something. You just need to be focused on it.

I may be in that situation after September so am looking around. I'm also thinking I should try and look for something related to my passion on the Web, maybe there is a way for at least earning some small change.
lanceorwa
shishir.K wrote:

is this how people get these fri$?
rx9876
deanhills wrote:
I can't imagine not having a job, but it is probably a very realistic situation to expect that it could happen. I must say I am very poorly prepared for that eventuality. It would probably be wise to always have a second option available as a back door in case something like that could happen.

Me, either.
My current job is exhausting enough, so it's hard to learn some new skills for another job.
If I have to find another one, I guess I will go for the jobs with the similar skill requirements.
mshafiq
Will surf internet to look around stuff. Hopefully I will find something of my interest and will start doing exactly that! Wink
pythonscorpion
go to study get anther degree or get some new skill
Nyasro
Its very frustrating when you dont find any jobs. Sad
testrun
I am currently looking for a job, and have actually had some interviews. I keep getting turned down after the in-person interviews though. I haven't been able to get much feedback on what I need to improve on...
It's all a crushing blow to my self-esteem, I can say that much.

Confused
james717
I would take a postgraduate degree if I cannot get a job.
Or maybe I would go travelling or work holiday for one or two years, though it would spend a lot.
Luckily, I got an offer from a big company as an engineer trainee. So I dont need to worry about it.
Cheers, keep gooooooing!!! Dont be frustrated or lost!!!!