FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How much TV do u watch per day???

shishir.K
hey how much time do u spend watching T.V per day????

Is it 1 hr , 2hrs, 3, 4, 5, 6...... . what ever who cares.

but remember it not good watching a lot. just make proper use of it...
zjosie729
This may be a bit weird, but I watch 2 minutes everyday.

The thing is, I rarely watch TV, and if I do, I usually watch for a while. So averaged out, I watch about 2 minutes everyday.

By the way, you should make this a poll. Wink
Revel
maybe one hour a day o.o
Mayday
My T.V. is on almost 24/7, but I watch about 2-3 hrs of it a day, unless I am not home. TV isnt as good as it used to be.
Becky
i watch less than an hour of tv a day.
Usually i watch 15minutes of the news before i go to school so i can see the weather report.
and then after school i might watch a couple of minutes.

But, i spend waaay more time on the internet/computer than i do watching tv Cool
wahsap
I usually got glued in front of the tv during the weekends. Infact sometimes I even got sleep in front of the tv
Kelcey
I don't watch as much as I used to... probably about 50 min a day on weekdays. probably 2 hours on weekends.
MirekB
when I was at hi school it was about 4 hours a day. Now it would be 4 hours a week. But I watch a lot of movie in my comp instead
kikass
around 1 hour everyday.... half of it is surfing news channels and the other half is surfing music....
supposing
An hour a day or so... sometimes it feels so good to veg out... other times it makes me feel like a pile of poop x_X.
generalgazz
Probably no more than an hour a day, I spend a LOT more time on the pc.
tar-xzv
zjosie729 wrote:
This may be a bit weird, but I watch 2 minutes everyday.

The thing is, I rarely watch TV, and if I do, I usually watch for a while. So averaged out, I watch about 2 minutes everyday.

By the way, you should make this a poll. Wink

zjosie729,

What do you do when you get home from work if I may know?

I watch it. No wait, let me complain. I'm a biggest whimp in this world. My wife reads these posts too. Ok, honey, why can't I use the remote control once in a while? It's ok for you and my little baby to flip, but not me!! I watch what my wife watches. Ok, kidding aside, I don't care about TV a lot. Usually we will watch funny episodes like Friends, My wife and kids etc.

I'd rather spend my time in front of computer. I'll fight for the keybord and not for the remote control haha.

5ani
OldmanJ
I don't have cable (or satallite, or digital, etc, etc). However, I might find myself sitting in front of a game or DVD for about an hour a day on average I suppose.
crimson_aria
I don't watch TV anymore.. XD As soon as I get home, I immediately open the PC and same thing goes upon waking up.

Well, maybe I do watch it, like whenever I pass. XD I only get to see what the show is whenever I pass by it. But I don't stay to watch. I just pass by. I hear it more than I watch it, that is when I'm not using my headphones. Ah, oh yeah, I watch it for an hour once a week because of my favorite TV show. After that, I'm off to use my computer again.
Shike
Depends on the day and what I'm doing. I'll often have the TV (mostly DVD's) on while doing other things, (like programming, writing/game prep, playing with my son). On the days I have movies from Blockbuster Online I'll watch all 3 disks (currenlty renting the Stargate SG1 series) and then send them back. So, actual watching? Probably 2-4 hours/day.
mercurial
HA..i think i've not been watching tv for like a week alrdy. i can basically live wifout a tv..BUT I NEED A COM. DEFINITELY NEED A COM. coz it juz provides more entertainment than tvs nowadays
Manofgames
i watch tv bit when there's something good on.

most of the time though, im on me pc.
endure
I watch TV about 1 hour/day, I used to watch alot but since I got hold of nice torrent site a long time ago now I pretty much watch all movies I want to see on my PC and not on TV. Besides even HBO shows the movies like 6 months after they come out and Torrents show them the next day.

Cheers.
molif
well... not a tv watcher... rarely watch any shows in tv.. but well, i love to watch movies instead..
okullar
I don't watch TV. If I watch, it is maximum 1 hour.
reddishblue
Hmmm...bout two hours per day, weekend TV really sucks here so i just watch the local music program for1 hourand then use the laptop or read Nat Geo
carolinehjkim
I usually spend time on TV like two hours per week which would be like 15~20 minutes per day I guess.
TV is not really fun because we don't have cable...
jveezy
I watch at least 3 hours a day. Usually prime time NBC which is the clearest channel I can pick up with my antenna (I'm too cheap to pay for cable.)

But I spend way more time on the computer.

These two combined have really screwed up my eyesight.
Lucky81
Nowadays I guess that I'm losting to much time watching TV, it's one averange of 3 hours per day, except the weekends, when I can pass more that 8 hours... Rolling Eyes
shwetanshu
i watch TV for atleast 3 hrs a day with 1 hr reserved for newz
wilburx
It can vary- usually I'll watch 1-3 hours a night. If I'm cleaning of DVR on my days off of work, a can veg-out for 12-14 hours.
ftasyo
I used to be a TV nut watching 5-6 hours daily. Now I spend only about 4 hours three times a week. There aren't good shows now. Quite ironic really. When I was a TV nut we only had 5 channels. Now our cable TV has 100+ channels and there is almost nothing good to watch. Mad
binzg
I watch watch TV maximum 1 hour per day Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
truespeed
I think most ppl with pc's watch less tv because of it,pcs are more interactive and offer more by way of entertainment.
Nigeria
I watch about 12 hours per day if i'm home all day.When i'm not home I usually watch about 6 per day.it's good to watch tv depending on what the program is about.
magneto_ms
Just 2 hours these days. Too busy for TV nowadays. It's more and more comp now. Very Happy
nitesh
I watch for more than 5 hours daily... I don't miss the premier time. I watch most of the missed episodes on my comp .. the series running in NBC and CW are the best rite now and I hopw the are not dropped.
eday2010
I watch about 3 hours of TV a night usually. After I get off the computer after work, I watch tv, but I am usually doing something else at the same time as well. If there is nothing on, I usually watch something I have on DVD that I haven't gotten around to watching yet. On weekends I don't watch much tv at all, except Sunday nights (Fox lineup).
Helios
Not much, maybe 1 or 2 hours at night.
I have only 3 channels (at least I'm not paying for them) and the good shows begin at the evening-night time.
webgeek
I don't watch that much TV although we have cable: about 3 hours a week.
althalus
Up until the other day I only had access to a whopping three (3!!) channels, which raredly showed anything in my liking so I haven't really been watching tv in along while (2 years or there about, or probably since around the time I got World of Wacrcaft xD). In total time, not counting this week, I've probably watched less than 24 hours of -tv- this year.. Shocked

Now I got a few more channels, and one of them are showing a lot of action and thrillers which could be cool. Thinking I'll at least watch a little bit more tv, say a few hours each week.

(I usually just use it for watching DVD's)..
talonsmallville
Hi people,

That´s deppends so much.

Usually I watch about 4 hours - but could be more on weekend.
ashok
Mayday wrote:
My T.V. is on almost 24/7, but I watch about 2-3 hrs of it a day, unless I am not home. TV isnt as good as it used to be.

yup Smile
rhtgltkn
about 3 hrs
TurtleShell
We have the TV on all the time, but I don't just sit down and watch it, like, ever. I'm usually baking or cleaning or doing some other house hold thing, and the TV is there for background stimulation. Does that count?
Radar
More than I generally like. Depends how much time I have, or what kind of tasks I'm trying to get done. Some things can allow for that kind of multitasking.

Most days half an hour at most. If I'm on holidays, several hours.
eday2010
I don't have cable, so everything I watch is downloaded and watched on my HDTV using the WD TV Live Media Player. Depending on the day, I watch between 0 and 4 hours of stuff. Usually old sitcoms and current shows that aired.
agustin
5 minutes a day. Tv is 90 percent bullshit! Dont watch TV!
iman
Lol, since I had a laptop a few years ago, I never watched TV more than 20 minutes a day at home. I find being on the internet a lot more productive than watching TV.
mrcool
I usually watch tv after surfing on the net, especially if there's no more site to surf or no more idea coming out from my mind where to surf. and when the time I get bored. I pick up the tv put it in my table beside my LCD(Computer) and watch TV while surfing online. hahaha what a waste of electricity. This is not advisable for the kids. only for the experts like if you're the one paying your electricity bills. But frankly I watched TV and not touch my keyboard every sunday which is a family for us and TV day for me. I usually watch cable movies like HBO, Discovery Channel, and National Georaphic Channel. But when my son kicks in the set, everything turns out bad because he always want to choose his own channel like cartoon network and Nickelodeon. And if my wife also around huhuhuh bad for me coz she always want to watch telenovela like Mexican movies and the language converted to english... that's really awful to watch. but can't do any she's / there always the boss. Just go to the my shop/office and watch my tv there with my pc beside it. It's a success, just sharing my tv day. hehehehhe
phantombr
the amount of minutes per day watching TV is always around 45min.

reason: use the TV as an alarm clock. She calls at 6:30 a.m (and this time get the local morning news show), and turn off the TV at 7:15 a.m when it ends the newscast on time and I'm leaving home to go to work.

That is, do not really watch tv. If you did not have televisions at home do not miss any. All I need (and like) to watch, I see on the computer. I signed one of the stations here in my country that provides all of its content on the Internet, and still do very little use of the signature.
rjraaz
i watch 2 to 5 hrs per day

recently i like to watch kashi on imagine tv really a good serial
mgeek
There are days when I don't watch TV. When I do, it is to watch either HBO or Star Movies for about two hours. Before I used to follow the news on TV. Now I get the news from the internet.
bloodrider
Week days medium number of hours: 0
Weekends (agitated) : 0
Weekends (calm) : 5 or more
l4nd3r05
I watch about 3 hours of TV a night usually. After I get off the computer after work, I watch tv, but I am usually doing something else at the same time as well. If there is nothing on, I usually watch something I have on DVD that I haven't gotten around to watching yet. On weekends I don't watch much tv at all, except Sunday nights (Fox lineup).
slashnburn99
about 3 hours, but constantly flicking channels have to throw the remote from arms length to make sure i watch just one thing
silverdown
depends on the day , but maybe a maxium of 12 hours a week... 12 hours are split into 7 days of course. unless you count youtube haha... maybe a little more Laughing
adri
A few hours every day, mostly in the evening. I watch, like 50% of my TV time, to Discovery Channel and the other half to Belgian television (VT4 ("De Oplichters", "Geld in nood"), 2BE ("Benidorm Bastards"), één ("Koppen") and Canvas ("Publiek Geheim", "Terzake", "Vranckx", "Panorama"). And sometimes I watch shows (like Dexter or Weeds) on my Multimedia Hard Drive.

Adri
chartcentral
It used to be longer, but currently, around an hour of television on weekdays. And at least 6 hours on weekends (4 on Saturday, 2 on Sunday). Smile
rayxzero
I can only watch 3 hrs a day, because most of my time are on computer.
deanhills
I usually get restless after two hours. If I am interested in the show I am watching by that stage, I just tape it for later. I really don't like watching TV for the sake of watching it. Has to be something really good I like. Otherwise I prefer the Internet.
Radar
It varies. Generally speaking not live tv, but dvds instead. Sometimes half an hour, sometimes more. Depends on how busy I tend to be at the time.
anakin_skyrunner
I don't watch any TV Very Happy
But I spend enough time in front of my PC to compensate the time xD
silverdown
I watch alot of tv while on the computer while watching a movie.... I multitask.... and yes i do UNDERSTAND everything.
inuyasha
Actually, I seldom watch TV now. Smile Usually I would get online to watch Japanese anime and Western movies, which are quite rare on our native TV channels. Sad
Ah, both ways are bad to my eyes, though. I'll control the time of course Very Happy
phantombr
I came here to post on this topic because I found relevant to my change of attitude in the last month, and maybe someone falls on my profile too. I guess I understand why many people spend hours in front of the TV, or rather, in their beds that are facing the TV.
Since the beginning of this month and am working 8h/day get very tired at home, most often just take a shower and go to bed. " In my first week of work, was in trouble in the notebook which was my alternative? Watch TV! Now I'm following up a story / series that takes place in a popular broadcaster.

Now I'm organized again with my studies and I am watching TV an average of 1h/day. But were it not so, would be around three to 4 hours per day (night). It is much more comfortable to lie in bed, push a button and rest absorbing anything that passes.
rogue_skydragon
Being a college student, I rarely have the time to watch TV. The stacks of assignments and activities you get involved with on a daily basis at Uni make it pretty difficult for me catch up on shows like Lost or Entourage, which people keep telling me I HAVE to watch.
Gitesh
I used to waste 5 to 6 hrs a day watching television., but i realised it sooner.,
The advt. takes away much of our TV time so decided to quit it.
Now i rarely turn on TV.
I Watch all the TV shows by either downloading them or buying DVDs if available, this saves me lots of time as i skip ads., and i am free to watch it any time i like.
Every one should do an experiment to keep a stopwatch and calculate how much time they spend viewing ads in between any show..
Here in India i calculated it to 26 mins per hour, its total waste.
mgeek
Right now, I am spending about 3 hours/day on the TV.
LegendVPN
I can go a week without TV. I have learned and appreciated other stuff that is more fun to do than watch TV. I still have favorite TV shows but unless it's the finale, I can pass watching it.
fredynis
Sometimes im not watching it for days, but 2 hrs the most..
deanhills
2 hours tops. Including news sometimes when I'm curious to know what has been happening in the world. My one great vice is spending too much time in front of my computer of course! Twisted Evil
LegendVPN
deanhills wrote:
My one great vice is spending too much time in front of my computer of course! Twisted Evil

Hear, hear. ;P
Radar
Live TV? Almost none. DVDs? Maybe an hour, averaged out?
Laro696
Don't watch tv at all, even though we have 3 in the house. Just use it to play xbox on Razz
Much easier to download and watch movies and tv series on pc
nigam
i seldom watch t.v even if i am at home all the time.....probably if it happened that I watched television, i must say 2 hrs. the most....
Chellesei
I don't watch much TV. The maximum of hours I spend watching the television would be 4 hours and 30 minutes.

Before, when I'm still not into computer stuffs, I can watch TV for like 8 hours. But now, most of the time, I only watch for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
loremar
Chellesei wrote:

Before, when I'm still not into computer stuffs, I can watch TV for like 8 hours. But now, most of the time, I only watch for 1 hour and 30 minutes.

And here I thought I'm the only one who can watch TV for 8 hours. But now I only watch anime online... for 8 hours!! LOL.
ujjwalshrestha
It looks like there are less TV watchers in this forum. I'm also not a TV fan. I don't have patience for TV serials, sitcom, reality show and on top of that all those commercials trying to sell you things which you probably won't want. Only reason I still flip my TV channel is for sport coverage otherwise I think TV is a waste.
Chellesei
loremar wrote:
Chellesei wrote:

And here I thought I'm the only one who can watch TV for 8 hours. But now I only watch anime online... for 8 hours!! LOL.

Haha! Me too! Very Happy Before, I watch anime on TV. But now, I just don't like seeing TV ads which take up lots of time. Rolling Eyes And why should I wait for the next episode to come on the next day if I could just watch it online on the same day? Laughing
kenxeiko
Normally i watch TV for 2h 30mins.
Well, that's only when i'm boring with my laptop. Embarassed
Blummer
I'm happy not to watch any. Of course there is still some stuff which is worth to watch, maybe old films or documentaries...Anyway, I feel happy I'm beyond the idea to obtain TV set.
alimddine
Nice question. I watch tv when i have time or when i am stressed because it chills me.
_AVG_
I rarely watch TV and I mostly watch it online as well. I hardly get the time Smile
mukesh
I watch 2 -3 hours about per day. Discovery Channel serial "Man vs Wild" and "Duel Servival man" both like too much and my last serial "Daiya aur baati hum" of Star Tv.

Per day my serial routine Smile
portoskt
few hours, i guess... on tv i just watch football games, and news... everything else i watch from my pc
silverdown
None... unless you count Netflix and Youtube then more then i should!
abramlinkens
I don't spend so much time to watch Television. I most probably watch my favourite shows such like Man v/s Wild, WWE Monday Night Raw and Friday Night Smackdown, Air Crash Investigation, Dual Survival Man, Fear Factor and American Idol.
bananko
few hours... i watch news at the evening, and sometime some football game... nothing else
cnitolo
Lately only 1 to 2 hours, I have just come home and the little time I have I'm preferring to spend with my son.
Josso
Probably like 4 hours at least. It all ranges from 50s to now though. Only like 4 shows I'm actually following atm. Went through a phase of watching three films a day but I haven't been for about a month due to the ammount of time it takes to track down good ones.
playfungames
I don't even have time to watch TV. I am mostly on the internet these days. I have to sit in front of a computer most of the time, doing my assignments and at that time I get to use the internet. Otherwise, I just go out and never watch TV.
TheStripePrincess
I don't actually have a TV so if we watch stuff it's usually on BBC iPlayer or Love Film.
I watch Eastenders which is 2 hours a week and then occasionally just stick something on if I'm bored.
lightningleo
i do not prefer watching television.. but I'm a gaming freak though.. i love playing video games more than anything in this world..(after my mom and dad. of course).. i can play whole day and night.. but.. due to pressure of exams these days.. i could not play much though..
heimi
star world channel, discovery channel
chartcentral
Currently, I no longer watch TV everyday. Probably around 6-8 hours per week (usually on the weekend). Smile
andro_king
shishir.K wrote:

i watch it for 3-4hrs a day.. but will be with my desktop for more than 10hrs a day..!! ya i know its not good..!! have to start jogging from tomorrow..!! Cool
kmr_mukund
it depends on the day of the week.because i only see my favourite tv show.which is not be everyday.on monday,wednesday and friday i see most of tv show.i see 5 hour on this day.but tuesday,thrusday i see only few tv show.so this day i see 3 hour.i see news everyday one hour.
and at holiday saturday and sunday most of time i spent to see tv show (approx 7-8 hour).
overall i spent 24 hour that is one day to see tv show in a week or average 3-4 hour in a day.
susanlee
Hello guys!
My name is susanlee. I just watch TV-show in TV.with in just 2-3 hours I watch All my favorite TV-show. MY favorite TV-show are Stream Law & Order Special Victims Unit . watch it I hope you like it. Gice me a reply that you like it or not.........?
zakponting
may be i watch TV 5 hours everyday.i watch news channel and music channel.
zimmer
shishir.K wrote:

Maximum of 3 hours.. but usually i watch News and Current affairs.
marialohan
Well i watch tv show at least 2 -3 hours daily. After watching tv show you feel, fresh and free from tensions. i suggest every one to watch tv show daily.
Radar
Interesting thought. Yes, I suppose television does relax people, and can be beneficial in some respects. I would like to think there are other ways of dealing with stress as well.

Television is enjoyable, but rarely productive.
deanhills
Probably one to two hours depending on how busy I am. That includes my dinner time as well. I usually tape the news and the programs I like watching so I can have the luxury of fast forwarding through the advertisements and the portions that are going too slow to my liking.
jovannajulie
I like to watch TV shows in my spare time .I set a schedule for this .according to this Schedule I have only 2-3 hours in a days.

To Watch TV shows Online Click here
jackwrites
I watch TV show's in per day are :-

Mythbusters
American dad
The glades
Dog the bounty hunter
Brad melters decoded
Ancient Aliens
psychorollercoaster
depends when there is something good on tv, ....most of the time I just turn it on but don't really watch it or during the weekends if i am not out......i be infront of the tv but still not watch it Very Happy
MisterParker
I dont watch much tv these days, I usually swtich on the tv when I know there's a good film I want to watch
pravojednostavno
max. 1h
Nyasro
I don't get chance to watch TV much.
But i watch when i get time Very Happy