FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Process priority [RESOLVED]

RiCtee
Simply question: how do you set the priority of processes in task manager so that it will stay that way, even when you reboot the computer?
redice
It is not a simple question. I know that I can change task priority in the task manager, but the change will lose when the system is restarted. I think there may be a "priority helper" tools to do this, but I don't know where to find the tool yet. Smile
blueray
for the command line processes (including some client and server such as mysql ), you can start it with 'start' command.

open a command prompt, then, issue a start /?. you will present a list of options that control the priority of a application.

you can create a shortcut for ease access.
RiCtee
The process I want to set is RAM_XP.exe, program that frees up RAM. It starts when I log in. I remembered successfully setting taskmgr.exe to "High" a while ago. Any more solutions?
prototype_angel
blueray wrote:
for the command line processes (including some client and server such as mysql ), you can start it with 'start' command.

open a command prompt, then, issue a start /?. you will present a list of options that control the priority of a application.

you can create a shortcut for ease access.

this will work, but if you want many of them to start automatically at startup do the same command line, create a .bat file and set it to run at startup.
RiCtee
Ok, it works now. Here's the bat file I used:
Code:
START "RAM_XP.exe" /MIN /ABOVENORMAL "C:\Program Files\RAM Idle LE\RAM_XP.exe"

Thanks everyone!! Very Happy
Animal
RiCtee wrote:
Ok, it works now. Here's the bat file I used:
Code:
START "RAM_XP.exe" /MIN /ABOVENORMAL "C:\Program Files\RAM Idle LE\RAM_XP.exe"

Thanks everyone!! Very Happy

Topic [RESOLVED] and -locked-