FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Burning Software: Nero or what?

Da Rossa
I currently use Nero Burning Rom, and I like it. However it isn't free and further upgrades will cost, specially when a the Bluray and HDDVD become popular in here. I have v. 6.6.0.16

I had a look at that 'small' list of free aps and saw some free burners, but I'd like a opensource one. We all know that the Opensource apps are becoming even better than the property-ones (let's keep linux/win, openoffice/ms office) out of this. For example, a good FTP manager is the FileZilla, that really kicks it, so I said FlashXP is no more. I'd like a reliable Burner with all or almost all the Nero features, in a similar relation that the FileZilla has to the FlashFXP. The apps in the list seem not to be opensource but one of them, that is focused only in data/audio CD burning.

Thanks!
PseudoKnight
Stick with what you have until you have a need for more. Bluray and/or HDDVD will take quite some time before they become popular/affordable when compared to DVDs.

That said, if you want to try open source optical disc burning software, this one seemed to be the most versatile:
http://bwgburn.sourceforge.net/

I haven't tried it though. One note though, it requires the .Net framework.
aneotoena
I'd stick with Nero Burn, is pretty good 4 me