FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

got OSX86 working on my AMD 64

bigdbag
I got OS X 10.4.7 installed natively to my AMD 3800+ pc, and it runs very smoothly. Software installs without a glitch, and the SATA drive that I installed it onto really improves performance compare to ATA. Using the Acronis Boot Menu program, I am now dual-booting XP and OS X!!!
Rocky3478
You do know that it is illegal to do what you just did, right? Apple specifically mentions it in the EULA when you install OS X.
Xeniczone
I will ask a moderdorator to PLEASE CLOSE THIS TOPIC. This is illegal to do as it is said in the lisenced you agreed to when you installed the software.

Quote:
2. Permitted License Uses and Restrictions.
A. This License allows you to install and use one copy of the Apple Software on a single Apple-labeled computer at a time. This License does not allow the Apple Software to exist on more than one computer at a time, and you may not make the Apple Software available over a network where it could be used by multiple computers at the same time. If you use Setup Assistant to transfer software from one Apple-labeled computer to another Apple-labeled computer, please remember that continued use of the original copy of the software may be prohibited once a copy has been transferred to another computer, unless you already have a licensed
copy of such software on both computers. You should check the relevant software license agreements for applicable terms and conditions. You may make one copy of the Apple Software (excluding the Boot ROM code) in machine-readable form for backup purposes only; provided that the backup copy must include all copyright or other proprietary notices contained on the original.

As found here: http://www.apple.com/legal/sla/

If you read up on Apples past they aren't afraid to sue. Wink

Trust me apple has cracked down on this before if they decide to take a even larger step then it would be a lot cheaper just to buy an Apple Computer.
coreymanshack
i really and truly dont understand why this is illegal!? all he did was install osx and windows xp on the same drive right?
Simulator
coreymanshack wrote:
i really and truly dont understand why this is illegal!? all he did was install osx and windows xp on the same drive right?

Yes, but that is illegal, you are only allowed to install OS X on a Apple Computer. The ONLY way you should run OS X is on a Apple computer!
coreymanshack
o ok... that is so freakin gay... Razz
Xeniczone
Apple works hard to make their OS, and they don't want it brought down to have to work on all the hardware configs. This is why Apple is known not to crash as often as windows. Well at least it is one of the reasons. Apple supports Apple thats final. Mac OS X is typically cheaper then windows because they can make it up in their hardware sales. Microsoft can't that is why their is almost a 300 dollar difference in the OS prices. Full Windows XP Pro is 400 dollars Full Mac OS X is 130 dollars.

So I disagree with you thinking it is gay that Apple doesn't support stupid companies like Dell or HP/Compaq.

In a way it really kind of pisses me off that people would say this is gay and that it shouldn't be illegal. I just have to tell you your fat or your so damn poor you can't afford a Apple computer so stop complaining about "Why can't I install Mac on my Bios PC?"
coreymanshack
Xeniczone wrote:
Apple works hard to make their OS, and they don't want it brought down to have to work on all the hardware configs. This is why Apple is known not to crash as often as windows. Well at least it is one of the reasons. Apple supports Apple thats final. Mac OS X is typically cheaper then windows because they can make it up in their hardware sales. Microsoft can't that is why their is almost a 300 dollar difference in the OS prices. Full Windows XP Pro is 400 dollars Full Mac OS X is 130 dollars.

So I disagree with you thinking it is gay that Apple doesn't support stupid companies like Dell or HP/Compaq.

In a way it really kind of pisses me off that people would say this is gay and that it shouldn't be illegal. I just have to tell you your fat or your so damn poor you can't afford a Apple computer so stop complaining about "Why can't I install Mac on my Bios PC?"

Actually yes, I am a minor, and I don't have a job, so I can't afford an apple computer. I also did not say anthing about apple not supporting everyone elses hardware. I think that is fine. But if someone wants to install the OS on their computer, then they should beable to do it. All apple has to do is state that they don't support anything other than apple and that you should proceed with caution.

Quote:

Hmm, I don't recall saying that either. Although, why would they have to support dell, hp or compaq? Those are computer manufaturers. You know there is a such thing as building your own computer from parts like at NEWEEG.com check it out sometime Razz

Quote:
I just have to tell you your fat

Actually I have a slim build and I wiegh 150lbs and I'm 5'6" tall.

Quote:
so stop complaining about "Why can't I install Mac on my Bios PC?"

I don't recall complaining.
Xeniczone
Quote:
Actually yes, I am a minor, and I don't have a job, so I can't afford an apple computer. I also did not say anthing about apple not supporting everyone elses hardware. I think that is fine. But if someone wants to install the OS on their computer, then they should beable to do it. All apple has to do is state that they don't support anything other than apple and that you should proceed with caution.

So, I'm only 15 and I have like 8 computers, and my first car will be a Shebly gt500. Their is more then one way to get money other then a job. Invent something useful. Get good at a video game and get sponcered that is what happened to one dude at my school. Fix computers (as I do)

Quote:
Hmm, I don't recall saying that either. Although, why would they have to support dell, hp or compaq? Those are computer manufaturers. You know there is a such thing as building your own computer from parts like at NEWEEG.com check it out sometime

Umm...
Quote:
o ok... that is so freakin gay...

Quote:
Actually I have a slim build and I wiegh 150lbs and I'm 5'6" tall.

Yes but I said OR Hope you see it now, and you answered that by saying poor.
Vrythramax
@Rocky3479 Just beause something is illeagel and posted in these forums, it should be brought to a staff a member and allow them to act upon the [alledged] infrngemnt. To do *anything* is called "BackSeat Moderator", and could lean towards you being banned from the foruns as well as the perpertrator.

@Xenicone:

Please read up statement as I hate to have to retype myself.

I am going to close this topic to avoid any further probrlems.

-locked-