FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

my guild site I host here :)

the6thfactor
Recently came over to FriHost after building a new site for my WoW guild. Figure I'd post it up and see what you guys think! All crits and comments welcome Smile

http://darklegacy.frih.net/

Several pages are still under construction, but you get the jist of what it will look like. Also did some work to customize the header on the forums.
GB
"WoW" I'm impressed, you made the forum look like the rest of your site. All too often, I see forums that feel like I'm leaving their site and going to a different one.
warallthetm
You should install EQDPK system. One of my cleins wants me to template the eqdpk thing and i cant figure out how because the templates are compress and then extracked with php server side. Nice site
panzerM3
That's a really nice looking website, I like how the forum is embedded into the layout.

By the way, what server are you on?
greenux
ur site is not bad....but i feel the whole site is too dark...try to hv some attractive color instead using dark color
Satori
Great site! I'm not a WoW player, but I can say that your site is easy to navigate, easy to read and easy on the eyes! It has a very simple, but pleasing layout and design. It is compact and yet displays all the info you need to display. All with some nice graphics from the game. I'd give it a 8.5 out of 10! Very impressive as most sites I see would get a 5 or less Smile Keep up the good work!
Matte52
Very very nice design, made it by your self? I aslo saw that you hade a phpBB forum, nice style on that one too.

have you code all the functions by your self too?

Best regards:
Matte52
the6thfactor
Thanks for the feedback guys, really appreciate the comments Smile

@ panzer - We are on Tanaris, how about you?

@ greenux - I created the site with this color scheme because are the colors of our tabard on WoW... if you don't play WoW, that basically means like our clan logo.

@satori - Glad to see you like it, thanks for the in depth crit Wink

@matte52- Yes I made it all by myself, just took screen in-game and used it for the banner and went from there. Turned out good. And yes, I'm using a phpBB forum, thanks for the compliment Smile Which functions are you referring to?

I do web design for a living, and I know how important it is to have good solid criticism Smile
Satori
the6thfactor wrote:

I do web design for a living, and I know how important it is to have good solid criticism Smile

You're quite welcome! It shows that you do design for a living. The whole thing just looks nice and professional. Since this is your forte and not mine, I would love some feedback on my site as well.

I am not a web designer and learned html, xhtml, and css over the course of a couple weeks from a couple internet sources (mainly w3 schools...you are probably familiar with it.)

I am now in the process of learning javascript to jazz up my site a bit and increase the functionality of the gallery area. So keep in mind, it's still a work in progress, and far from finished:

www.satoriglass.com

I'd love it if you could check it out and post some comments here:

http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-52157.html

Thanks a lot!
coreymanshack
this site really does look professional... i have trouble making my forums match my site also! that's a real feat you have there...
rayx
Really nice looking site. I mostly like the banner part.
the6thfactor
Satori wrote:
the6thfactor wrote:

You're quite welcome! It shows that you do design for a living. The whole thing just looks nice and professional. Since this is your forte and not mine, I would love some feedback on my site as well.

I am not a web designer and learned html, xhtml, and css over the course of a couple weeks from a couple internet sources (mainly w3 schools...you are probably familiar with it.)

I am now in the process of learning javascript to jazz up my site a bit and increase the functionality of the gallery area. So keep in mind, it's still a work in progress, and far from finished:

www.satoriglass.com

I'd love it if you could check it out and post some comments here:

http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-52157.html

Thanks a lot!
Very nice site you have there! I'm impressed Smile I'll post more comments on your thread.

Thanks for the comments guys Very Happy
SomaQan
I like the website ,is looking really nice Very Happy
Technaut
very nice site design. one thing though, try to stay away from words and phrases such as "ultimate" and "the only", since so many people use them the describe their clans/guilds.