FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Does the version of mysql used support...

Slammer
Can someone tell me if the version of mysql used on frihost supports Boolean Fulltext queries. As shown here ( http://www.joedolson.com/boolean-query-in-mysql.php ).

Im using the following query in my search:
Code:
 SELECT * FROM index WHERE MATCH(title,description)
AGAINST('$squery' IN BOOLEAN MODE) ORDER BY relevance DESC

And i get the following error message:
Code:
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'index WHERE MATCH(title,description) AGAINST('search test' IN BOOLEAN MODE) ORDE' at line 1

If it is supported, then can someone please point me to what might be wrong with the query.

Thanks,
Hope someone can help out!

Slammer
jayandsilo
it would support it, but I don't know what's wrong. I'd guess you're installing it wrongly
Bondings
It normally should be supporting it. However, are you sure the syntax is ok? Aren't you supposed to use an "+", "-" or ">" symbol in the querry for the boolean mode?
Slammer
Bondings wrote:
It normally should be supporting it. However, are you sure the syntax is ok? Aren't you supposed to use an "+", "-" or ">" symbol in the querry for the boolean mode?

I tried it with an operator too and it still threw up the same error. An operator is optional as mentioned on phpfreaks:

Code:
None      By default (when neither + nor - is specified) the word is optional, but the rows that contain it are rated higher. This mimics the behavior of MATCH() ... AGAINST() without the IN BOOLEAN MODE modifier.

Its got me stumped, looking at all the articles online that i can find, it SHOULD be working but it isnt. Anyone help?

Thanks
Much appriciated!

Slammer
Slammer
I have now resolved the problem, and it is working correctly. Can now lock the thread if u wish. Thanks for your help!