FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Help pointing my domain to my fri host space?

watersoul
Hiya everyone,
I have to put something into the following fields of the control panel on my domain host...

...but I'm stuck and have looked for ages to find the answers, please can anyone help?
Animal
Do you have DNS settings rather than ANAME and MX records to change? If so, it's far easier to set the DNS to ns1.frih.net and ns2.frih.net.
watersoul
Thanks for the reply Animal, unfortunately the answer is a big fat no, the company I've used only give the ANAME / MX records option as seen in the picture above Sad
Don't know what to do now, if it's rock-hard difficult for me to set it up this way, I may have to just buy the .com version of my domain with another company that offers DNS, and forward the current .co.uk to that one?
Cheers in advance for any hints or advice though!
mathiaus
Just create A and MX record for the ip 216.32.85.170 . If you want to use a different mail service such as google only use the A records for Frihost and use the MX for your mail provider.
watersoul
Thank you so much Mathiaus, I have tried it and finally figured out what I'm doing, great help Smile
...this is soooo cool!