FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

extremely poor SEO!

ocalhoun
I've been google searching for my new site; ratemysite. (aka rms).
The only thing I could find about it (after 15 mins of searching) was a thread about it here! That shows that frihost has good SEO, but not me!

Just wondering if anybody else finds that humerous, that I should find a thread here about my site before I find my site...

Anyway, I'm not really looking for help in that direction; there's far too much competition for that. (I couldn't find it at all on any reasonable search terms, I only found the thread I mentioned by searching for 'rms ratemysite', which narrowed the results down to five. (It was fourth.)
I have yet to find my site on any search engine, at least not this one.
(Another of mine, which is much more unique, enjoys the top four results when you search for it's name.)
mysplice
ocalhoun wrote:
I've been google searching for my new site; ratemysite. (aka rms).
The only thing I could find about it (after 15 mins of searching) was a thread about it here! That shows that frihost has good SEO, but not me!

Just wondering if anybody else finds that humerous, that I should find a thread here about my site before I find my site...

Anyway, I'm not really looking for help in that direction; there's far too much competition for that. (I couldn't find it at all on any reasonable search terms, I only found the thread I mentioned by searching for 'rms ratemysite', which narrowed the results down to five. (It was fourth.)
I have yet to find my site on any search engine, at least not this one.
(Another of mine, which is much more unique, enjoys the top four results when you search for it's name.)

The contet of your site needs to be relevant. I haven't looked but, start with the text in the title of your site along with the description tag and then most importantly, the text in the body. Finding words for your site that you can match up with all the tags is crucial to getting a better PR. Try and think of words that people will search for to get to your site and then put those words in your site.
Indyan
You need backlinks from good sites.
Also create a sitemap and submit it to google.