FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Vitiligo

Should government spend more money on vitiligo research and take it seriously?
Yes
66%
 66%  [ 2 ]
No
33%
 33%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 3

tar-xzv
Hello all,

I would like to hear from you if you are a victim of vitiligo, a chronic skin disease that causes loss of pigment. I want to know if you are using any medications and if it's helping. I am using Homoeopathy method from India. For you that don't know what is vitiligo, here's a link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitiligo. I see no changes in pigmentation yet, nor is it supposed to show in the first few months of taking herbal pills. Write back.

5ani
ibay
As far as I know, Homeopathy is basically from Germany and German Homeopathic medicines are famous around the world, so you should try them. A bitter truth is that Vitiligo is uncurable so you should not expect a cure and prepare your mind to spend tour life with it. At the same time, you should not lose hope, keep on trying reliable herbal medicines.
Homeopathy sometimes does miracles to some individuals. A doctor once told me that he has seen miraculous treatments on some of his patients who were suffering from diseases for years and were not getting any benefit from modern medicine. He is an educated allopathic doctor and practices homeopathy just for his interest. That made me a firm believer in homeopathy.
But such miracles only happen to a few individuals. A homeopathic medicine which cures a person with a particular disorder may not cure others with same condition. In homeopathy, There are hundreds of medicines for each condition and you have to try most of them before you know that homeopathy can cure you or not. So, treatment with homeopathy is a long process and it requires patience and hope, and still cure is not guaranteed.
magnustoday
Treatment for vitiligo is necessary and should begin early when the disease is emotionally and physically disfiguring, which is more likely in dark-skinned individuals and in children, or when acral areas are involved, as these are challenging to repigment. In addition to therapies designed to induce repigmentation, use of sunscreens minimizes tanning, thereby limiting the contrast between diseased and normal skin. Makeups (eg, Covermark, Dermablend) may help camouflage depigmented areas in lighter-skinned patients, as can stains with dihydroxyacetone (eg, Vitadye, Chromelin).

Repigmentation therapies include corticosteroids, calcineurin inhibitors, ultraviolet light, and surgery. Depigmentation of normal skin is considered only rarely in patients with widespread vitiligo because of the total loss of sun protection, cultural factors, and the permanent nature of the treatment.

Many studies of treatments for vitiligo are of poor quality and so evidence is limited, particularly for the long-term benefits and safety of therapies. A systematic review concluded that for short-term benefits there is moderate quality evidence for topical corticosteroids and limited to moderate quality evidence for ultraviolet light therapy.

Vitiligo can lead to significant psychological distress. Asking patients about how the disease affects their lives can help with managing psychological impact and may increase adherence to therapies for vitiligo.