FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

iPod shuffle just got smaller

lukeropro
Yep, the iPod shuffle just got smaller in size! It has 1GB memory space, about 240 songs, and it's a clip so that you can clip it anywhere. I don't quite like it though. It's too small and easily breakable. Here's the link : http://www.apple.com/ipodshuffle/
La838
lukeropro wrote:
I don't quite like it though. It's too small and easily breakable.
It hasn't even came out yet, & if is anything like the last shuffle it'll be pretty hard to break. Unlike the Nano, snap. Wink
bigdbag
shuffle is just bad because of the non-existence of a screen. Apple's strategy to cut costs with its cheapest mp3 player is completely wrong.
psycosquirrel
Oh well, so much for Apple not releasing anything for a while...
Xeniczone
Umm... Yeh, it doesn't have a screen because Apple advertised it as a random music player. Though it is pointless because the nano and the Ipod 30-80 gig can also do shuffle.
Jaan
Has it REALLY come out? Or are you just playin me?
MEH, looks really sweet though, but I'll stick with my Nano for now. Mebbe this is the new iPod everyone was awaiting? I think Apple will still release a new one soon.
Meh.
lukeropro
It's shipping in the USA next month I think. I don't think I'll get an ipod like that. I think I'll stick to my 60gig ipod video.
Becky
Is it REALLY that small?
Or is it just on some massive trousers/jacket??
Wink
disidro
I don't think the iPod shuffle has been a bad idea since Apple sold more than 10 millions of them. It seems a screenless MP3 player hasn't stopped lost of people from buying it. I guess it's ideal for working. This new version has only improved it, reducing the size and doubling the capacity for the same price. It will be another hit...
sush
Taking orders now, Shipping October. Costs $79. Where I live, customs and taxes bring it to Rs. 5200, More than one and a half times.

Cool thing. Wish it had more storage.
gelid
Ive seen it but i think ill stick with my ipod 30gb video i would get the 60 or 80 but i dont like the size of it. O well i dont like teh shuffles i would say they need a screen but even i can remember a playlist of, (how much does it hold again? o yes) 30 songs (it hold more but you get my point).
angelussum
I've always been worried I'd break something so small, or lose it =/

Plus, the lack of a screen is a big turn off.

Still, it's a nice device to have if you work out or such - it's quite small and convenient.
TheGeek
Personally i feel that the only good IPOD is the IPOD video...all others are no different than say a IRiver, RIO, ect.

Though i will admit, that is small as hell. Shocked
psycosquirrel
Then again, the Creative MP3 player I have had for a few years (it takes an SD card) is only a bit bigger and cost me $30 total... It has a gig of space on the SD card and (gasp) has a SCREEN!

I never understood the shuffle. The only people I know that have them recieved them as gifts and could not return them...
Xcelerate
It looks cool, but it's still not as cool or small as the .93 inch MobiBlu DAH-1500i cube I have. Plus, mine has an OLED screen with the same resolution as TI calculators.

Anyway, I'm not quite sure why Apple didn't put a screen on it, but I do think there are people who like it for convenience purposes. Just a typical music listener would need something full-fledged.
surdy
ahh thats good that it got smaller ...
but i feel its not of any use to me ... after nano cme up ..
it does not have a screen ,this is wat i hate the most in this

Nano rules ..i simply love it
psycosquirrel
Xcelerate wrote:
It looks cool, but it's still not as cool or small as the .93 inch MobiBlu DAH-1500i cube I have. Plus, mine has an OLED screen with the same resolution as TI calculators.

Anyway, I'm not quite sure why Apple didn't put a screen on it, but I do think there are people who like it for convenience purposes. Just a typical music listener would need something full-fledged.

ooo, the MobiBlu is really nice. I know someone with one of those and really wanted one for a while, they are amazing.
hrtorrent
You think that's small? Watch this:

ipod flea

Apple always makes great and funny commercial...

Very Happy
hdfailure
Very Happy

apple at its best. one of this days insted of enlage your pennis, is gonna be: enlarge your ipod

Very Happy
the6thfactor
I think its a nifty little thing. There are a lot of people who would prefer not to have a screen that use it for more active environments... such as working out, construction, landscaping, etc. Good call by Apple on this one Wink
rafflesguitar
LOL i think apple still owns the mp3 market as a whole even though anti-apple -fanatics would like to differ smtimes but they're just PWNING other companies wif their sleek design n i personally like the new generation design for shuffle n nano. BUT WHY CAN'T THEY EVER PUT IN RADIO?