FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

WD800 Not Detected (RESOLVED)

tomahawk19
I was running a WD800 on an external drive with no problems for the last month or so. Today (after using it earlier in the day) I went to transfer all my files that I had just backed up from my laptop and then wiped my laptop clean, it decided it wasn't going to work in the external case anymore, thinking it was just a problem with the case, I went to try it in my desktop, the BIOS does not recognize it at all. It tells me it can't find any hard disks. Does anyone have any ideas for what I can do to recover my data? It is very very important, seeing how it has all of my work files on it, and personal pictures.

Thanks, Dustin

EDIT:: Well, after 5 hours of data recovery, I got almost all of my files off of my old hard drive. Thank god for being able to recover data. I usually use a more expensive suite than the one I wound up using, but if you have never heard of a program called "Restoration" I recommend it highly. It found my files and restored them almost perfectly. And to top it off, it's free. It's at http://tcomputers.frih.net/programs/restoration.zip. You guys should check out my website too. http://tcomputers.frih.net
Teddy1
Thanks, I've lost many files due to accidental data loss and have never been able to recover them with file un-deleting software. It sounds as if the hard drive you have is faulty.