FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Drum talk

hazerfan
Any drummers wanna share their experience, tips and tricks u are welcome to write here.
icugaming
Learn all of the rudiments.
hazerfan
good advice!!! Very Happy
mOrpheuS
Moved from General chat.
Please post in the appropriate section.
icugaming
Now for a story...

Last year at a drum corps show, it was pouring freezing rain- my hands were numb before the performance- and when we got on the field it started to hail. It was such an amazing show, one of our best performances despite the weather, we won the show actually.

Thing is... the rest of the show was cancelled after us. Laughing
shr3dd
heres a tip to all drummers, try to learn from Mike Portnoy, watch his videos, study his music, you will improve greatly if you actually study his playing
LordWorm
My first thought when I started playing drums was to build speed and in the meantime improve my technique. When I go practice I usually do alot of really fast blastbeats and double pedal. Don't know all the exercises , but the base comes from some videos with Derek Roddy. I have tried to build my drum practicing around the stuff he shows there.

Doubles, fourths, eights and so on with each leg and the same with the hands and after that it do the same all over again with both hands and legs. That is one excercise that I do.

Later on I will upload a video where I play drums if you guys are interested, but I have to post some more stuff though before i get the web space. Razz