FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

connection reset

linexpert
Quote:
The connection was reset

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.
* The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
moments.

* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection.

* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

i have been getting that error alot lately. Can someone please tell me why this is happening?
Manofgames
when di u get the error??
datter
I get it too, at random times when attempting to access my page. In fact I'm getting it right now. I'm hoping it's a temporary thing that will be resolved, as an unreliable web space isn't nearly as useful as a reliable one... free or not.

That said, I'm sure whatever is causing the problem will be resolved.

datter
www.datter.com
Manofgames
could just be your bad luck, mine works fine, just a few hiccups with scripts
datter
Got better after my reply above, but it's doing it again... though it's always like this. I'm inclined to think the database server is getting too many requests/connections at a time every now and then.

This is pretty much the only real issue I've got with Frihost. Hope it can be sorted out.

datter
linexpert
now i'm using ie, was using firefox and the page now says gateway timeout.

Quote:
Gateway Timeout
The following error occurred:
[code=GATEWAY_TIMEOUT] A gateway timeout occurred. The server is unreachable. Retry the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please contact the administrator.
datter
Interesting. A little Googling revealed;

Quote:

HTTP Error 504 - Gateway timeout

Introduction

A server (not necessarily a Web server) is acting as a gateway or proxy to fulfil the request by the client (e.g. your Web browser or our CheckUpDown robot) to access the requested URL. This server did not receive a timely response from an upstream server it accessed to deal with your HTTP request.

This usually means that the upstream server is down (no response to the gateway/proxy), rather than that the upstream server and the gateway/proxy do not agree on the protocol for exchanging data.

Resolving 504 errors - general

This problem is entirely due to slow IP communication between back-end computers, possibly including your Web server. Only the people who set up the network at the site which hosts the Web server can fix this problem.

http://www.checkupdown.com/status/E504.html

datter
datter
Well, it's apparently something that needs to be dealt with server-side... that's all.

datter
linexpert
i really hope bondigs fixes this. I've been getting this alot more than i used to. I don't know how many visitors face this Sad