FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Video Card

snowboardalliance
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=14-103-176&depa=0&CMP=EMC-neemail091206&ATT=N82E16814103176

Is this a good price? I just saw it on Newegg and its cheaper than my x600 PRO, I wasn't planning on a video card upgrade, but I'm considering this just because it seems like a great deal. Any input?
Rocky3478
It's a decent price for that GPU. I've heard that the Geforce 7600 chips outperform the Radeon X1600 chip, but I could be wrong. Also, just making sure, what graphics card slot do you have on your motherboard? PCI express, or AGP?
Teddy1
If you have a desktop computer too there is a possibility that you will need a "low-profile" video card. Low profile just means half the size so it's able to fit in but has no other differences in performance than a standard size video card. Mine is currently a low profile card and it was a bargain for what i paid for it. Smile
new user
You didn't mention the rest of your PC, but if it's enough powerful enough, then the price is right - for 120 $, it's a great deal. Smile
La838
Rocky3478 wrote:
I've heard that the Geforce 7600 chips outperform the Radeon X1600 chip
It does, across on both AGP & PCI verions. (Well I don't think the APG one is out yet but more then likely it be pretty much the same as the the PCI counter part. Great price nevertheless.
Yeah, need stats for system now though.
Jaan
I would say it's a great deal. Go for it mate.
DecayClan
It's a very good deal~if your computer can fully support it~.
You must really mention your whole computer, as well as what you will use it for. If you want computer graphics and animation design, then you trully need something better. Also, can your cpu work as fast as the card9the card isn't very fast, but if your cpu is very old...). Is it AGP or PCI-e?
But generally, if you have checked all these, then it is a good deal...
snowboardalliance
My computer

AMD Athlon 64 3000+
1GB RAM
PCIe
19" LCD moniter
current video card is
Diamond Radeon x600PRO

I don't think anything else is relvent

Would the upgrade help anything like watching DVDs? Because I tried that before and the FPS were low enough that it looked bad when things were moving. Also I was thinking about upgrading to AMD Athlon 64 3700+ or 3800+ because they havce come down so much in price.

Still don't know if I'll do any of this or put it off for maybe a year, but just wanted some opinions.
gh0stface
snowboardalliance wrote:
My computer

AMD Athlon 64 3000+
1GB RAM
PCIe
19" LCD moniter
current video card is
Diamond Radeon x600PRO

I don't think anything else is relvent

Would the upgrade help anything like watching DVDs? Because I tried that before and the FPS were low enough that it looked bad when things were moving. Also I was thinking about upgrading to AMD Athlon 64 3700+ or 3800+ because they havce come down so much in price.

Still don't know if I'll do any of this or put it off for maybe a year, but just wanted some opinions.

If the FPS are low, it's more of a sign that your LCD monitor isn't able to perform. I'm assuming that your LCD's doesn't have that great of a ms. For gaming and DVD playing, you tend to want an 8ms or lower.