FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Ganesh's Tapestry Pieces

ganesh
Wondering why there were no tapestry pictures here. Anybody in the forums interested in tapestries and embroidery kits?

Here is one effort of mine, after it was framed. I did this 4-5 years back:

Please give me your feedback on it!
ganesh
Here is another I made around 10 years back. Photo quality is a bit blurred, can't help it Crying or Very sad

Your comments are invited on this one too!
ganesh
This is one piece that I made in December 2005. Completed it in a record time of two weeks! Worked day in and day out to complete it, because I had to get it framed before I left town! That was a tight deadline indeed! This is the biggest piece, though not the most complex, that I have worked on. Hope you guys find it good!

ganesh
A cartoon character type tapestry piece that I had done around 11-12 years back! Am not a very big fan of such pieces now. Though big in size, as you can see, it is not too complicated!

ganesh
This is the first embroidery piece that I ever worked on! Did it when I was 11 years old, and have always been fascinated by embroidery since then! So much work, yet the result is long lasting and so beautiful ( that is for you to decide Very Happy ) to look at!

ganesh
Are displayed below. Please pen in your feedback to these pieces of art work in this thread! Thanks a lot Smile

Yacht at Sea

Boat in the Sunset

Apples on the Tree

Trees on the Beach Sands

The Pier

Fence and the Sunset

ganesh
And the latest one, which I completed a few days back!

Net time spent: 72 hours spread over 29 days!

Your comments welcome Smile

It is named Cartload, and it is a common scene in Asian villages.

You can check out the way I worked on the kit at my blog: http://ganeshts.blogspot.com
Manofgames
all i can say is ............. WoW! Very Happy
(had the dots to kepp you going Very Happy )

I really like the first 5 or so, then it kind of peeters off with the cartoon characters. but that's just because I don't like your taste in subject. Very Happy

I do however, think that the style in the first few, and last few is absolutle spectacular.

I like the third one the best, I like the nice warm colours you've used.

how long did it take you to learn how to embroid?????
tefa_taftaf2010
so so wonderful tapestry.....

really so Good .. i like all of them

especially the cartoon train and the beautiful dog ...

you are so skillful

Surprised
ganesh
Thank you so much for your encouragement Smile

I started out with embroidery when I was 12 years old. Used to watch my sister embroider tapestry pieces and learned from watching only.

In any case, these kits are more of patience-testing rather than skill.

I am right now working on some cross-stitch kits which come out more beautiful, but are unfortunately too time consuming. Will update this thread when I complete one.
ganesh
I worked on a cross-stitch bookmark piece recently. The design was from CharlesCraft, and only the blank piece and design printed on paper was provided with suggested colour codes. It took me around 1 month to finish it (cross-stitches are much more time consuming compared to satin stitches).

Here is the pic: