FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Several critical errors.

Utopia GFR
Hi all,

I have several critical errors Sad

1. I cannot connect my dbase with php (I made sure all the information entered in the config.php is correct).

2. Seems like style sheets aren't working properly.
I see my html files online totally different from what I see on local mode.

3. Finally, I would like to delete an old folder created for a test domain name here : /domains/literature.frih.net/ and all the data in it.
I cannot delete those folders even in Chmod 777.

Could it be possible that the cache contained in an undeleted previous domain name could create conflicts with the cache of the new one?

If so, this might be one answer amongst others to the errors.

I really need your help on this.

Thank you so much!
Smile
Ray.
Traveller
Utopia GFR wrote:
1. I cannot connect my dbase with php (I made sure all the information entered in the config.php is correct).

Have you actually CREATED the database? Many people, assuming the database already exists by default, have tried just connecting to a database (don't ask me what they use for the info - probably their site name and password).

Utopia GFR wrote:
2. Seems like style sheets aren't working properly.
I see my html files online totally different from what I see on local mode.

As far as I know, nothing on the servers should affect the CSS. If the pages look different, then some or all of your CSS code is not being read, maybe because of some difference in directory placement, maybe because of CHMOD, or maybe because our servers are case sensitive, and "myfile.css" is NOT the same as "MyFile.CSS" (for example).

Utopia GFR wrote:
3. Finally, I would like to delete an old folder created for a test domain name here : /domains/literature.frih.net/ and all the data in it.
I cannot delete those folders even in Chmod 777.

Folders must be empty before they may be deleted. You will probably need to enter the directory, remove the files, then go back up one level and delete the directory.
Utopia GFR
Thanks a lot for the replies.

1) I did create a dbase in my admin. and everything is running but I still cant manage to connect (I managed before I decided to start from scratch).

-> I managed to create another table that is working <-

I've got a problem with making a table work with "Wordpress".
http://wordpress.org/

Hopefully, if some other Frihosters experience the same problem, please let me know Smile

2) I did pay attention to case sensitive syntax and directory placement concerning CSS files.
However I dont know what chmod settings to apply to the folder.
I never experienced that kind of problem when I first created my account.

3) I managed to delete another test folder with content using the technique of "going one level up" and so on but my FTP says "permission denied" even with the correct permissions.

I really dont know what to do with these matters.

Thanks for consideration,
Ray.
Bondings
You can go to domain setup and remove the (sub)domain there, that should be working fine normally.

About Wordpress, I'm pretty sure that it should work as there are definately tens if not hundreds of people using it on the server.

About the database, could you please post the details you use to connect to it (apart from the password)?
Utopia GFR
Hi,

Thanks for the reply Smile

I went to -domain setup- in my admin. console and tried to delete it but could not retrieve the -sub- domain even with using the -search filter- (it happens to be the old "test" domain I used).

CSS is working great now, no more trouble there Very Happy

Last point, regarding the connection details :

Database: utopiagf_data1
Host: localhost
Username: utopiagf_1

These settings are working great with Phorum 5 but not with Wordpress and I use exacly the same syntax.

Not sure I will keep Wordpress though but I dont understand the trick Sad

Thanks Steve Smile

Ray.