FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

sigh... apple today..

Saber
anyone else listen/watch/read about this mornings release about what apple is now doing?

-new ipods
-new itunes
-itunes movies
-and a heads up for "iTV"(not the real name)

sigh... but no macbook or macbook pro updates -_-

anyone happy or sad about whats happened and what are your comments about it?
Mwilliams
I'm happy with apple but it seems they are slowing down on producing new products. Last year, they made new models of iPod's, new software and a few other things. This year, the only thing I can think of them doing is making a new clip on iPod mini (or was that last year?). I can't wait to see what crazy idea they have next.

LOL
psycosquirrel
I am suprised they are not coming out with anything new. Their old marketing strategy was to completly flood the market with ads and "cutting-edge" technology, which was really just optimized versions of old products. The only thing I would consider revolutionary that they have released in the past several years is the iPod...

I think the break is relieving, they were coming out with a new thing every few weeks for a while...
novisdesign
I think the best thing that came out today, and probably the most underrated, was iTunes 7. It has a beautiful new interface, new source list, new scrollbar widget, better iPod hook up stuff, an array of album art stuff, and better movie playback. Good update. iTV seems cool also, hope they add some sort of DVR functionality to it.

(x,y,z)
Rocky3478
novisdesign wrote:
I think the best thing that came out today, and probably the most underrated, was iTunes 7. It has a beautiful new interface, new source list, new scrollbar widget, better iPod hook up stuff, an array of album art stuff, and better movie playback. Good update.

I would concur. I've been playing around with iTunes 7, and it is really nice. It blows the old interface out of the water....
Animal
Rocky3478 wrote:
I've been playing around with iTunes 7, and it is really nice. It blows the old interface out of the water....

iTunes 7 looks good, but I've had some serious problems with it playing back audio files. The sound is all jittery and distorted, and I'm not alone - read this.

There have also been several users reporting major problems when they try to downgrade to iTunes 6 afterwards. I just hope we get a fix. Quick.
a.Bird
iTunes7 sounds excellent for me. My hardware is solid though.
william
Yeah, I heard about it, and I wasn't really happy with it. I would have liked it if they focused on their Macs. I'm not much of a fan of the iPod, though I am a major fan of other Apple Products, especially the Mac.

They're just updating their previous products, they really need some more new stuff.
kiranaghor
Well i was especting that they will announce 'iPhone'.
But they didn't. Sad
Manofgames
i wonder how long it will be till we start to see stuff like:
    Ifridge

itelevision

idesk

you no, the 'Rise to power by appple' where everything becomes incoperated into itunes and ipods.

(ipod controlled TV Shocked )