FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

bags under your eyes

Bookface
Any ways to get rid of them, other than sleeping more or using teabags?

How are you supposed to use teabags for that, anyway? I tried putting them on while they were still pretty warm and only slightly wrung out, it seemed to help a little but not much. Maybe I was doing something wrong?

... I should just get more sleep, though.
airek
Hmm. not sure, ive gotten them alot in the morning, and besides sleep, waking up seems to do the trick
. Wash your face, splash water on it, run around, wake up!
sbel
wait, i could be wrong. okay wait, i most probably am wrong, but doesn't cucumber do the job? lol, i wouldn't know for sure, i seldom have these.
Ducksteina
I don't get it. I sleep enough each day (8 hours probably) but my eyes still look like from a zombie. :/
DRXX
It only happens to me when I am tired and when I wake up after sleep.

I look bad when i have them
Coclus
i do nothing ^^^^^^
Aless
I have them no matter how many hours a night I sleep, so I feel your pain. I asked my facial lady one time and she recommended tea bags. I always forget to save mine, so I have no idea how it will work. Far cheaper than some expensive creme anyway!!
ibay
Whats the concept of using teabags on eyes? I have heard it for the first time.
As for eyebags, mine disappear after having two or three complete sleeping sessions.
bluecradle
online gaming caused my eyebags Shocked for 3 months...
now i prefer sleeping haha...
Aless
It's the acidity in the tea.
NooBix
Teabags Shocked ??? I still dont get it.... do we soak it, drink the tea, then put in on our eyes... cos i put milk and sugar into my tea.

Either way, I never suffer from eye bags. Sometimes the day before exams I sleep very little.. Around 3-4 hours (usually 7). I go to school and see everyone with eye bags and I dont have them... Weird Confused

Still cant see the link between Teabag and Eyebag.
If waking up does the job, isnt it better to drink tea from tea bags?
Lady_Star
I have dark circles around my eyes as well as slight bags under them they do not go away no matter how much sleep I get or don't get... the tea bags work some what... to use them you make tea with them and wring them out, let them cool then lay them on yours while you relax with them closed. I don't know for sure how long it is reccommended to do this for but I usually do it for about 20 minutes at a time.

There are many different things that I have heard are supposed to work for this but I have yet to find one that works 100%.
rdrs
Maybe you should go to solarium to adapt the other parts of your body to the darc color or not to go to the forums after this hour, thats not healthy
sbel
what's a solarium?
secret_soul
You can get amazing concealers, especially for bags under the eyes if they still don't go away. Tea bags, cucumbers, special creams... none of them have ever worked for me. Concealer is much easier.
raghu.steppenwolf
the saleslady took one look at me and insisted i check out this almod based cream: sometimes i actually remember to smear a little before i go to bed and it works. don't remember what kind of cream though. i guess its easily available at a supermarket near you.
NemoySpruce
I read somewhere that dark circles under eyes are sometimes caused by allergens. It could be anything, molds, shampoo, dust mites, pollen, perfume, detergent..anything. one way is to go to doctor and get that test they do to determine what substances you are allergic to.
glabase
why not try these handy tips:

http://www.answerbag.com/q_view.php/8294
Serafina
A yellow-based concealer will cancel out the blues/purples in the bags under your eyes.

It works but it's still not as good as actually getting enough sleep. It can look really fake if you put on too much.
anwarsw
I sleep for 8 hours every day and often more than 8 hours but still I have black circles around my eyes. What is the problem?
Deenah
I'm sure I read somewhere that pile cream works a treat for this but obviously it's not meant for this purpose. If not cold sliced cucumber out of the fridge works wonders first thing in a morning.
em0o
oh the bags! yes i do. i heard that cucumber absorbs the extra fluid under your eyes. I've try the sleep more regularly or more method but that never gets rid of the bags.
woundedhealer
Quote:
I'm sure I read somewhere that pile cream works a treat for this but obviously it's not meant for this purpose.

Piles cream is often used, but it shouldn't be. The skin under the eyes is very delicate. This is why we are warned not to put face mask creams under the eyes.

Bags under the eyes can also be caused by blocked sinuses.
masqued_dreams
there are some cooling eye gels that have the effects of cucumber but even better. They range from about $10 to about $100. Neutrogena makes a good one called radiance eye boost.
schumway
I find that if you use your fingers to under your eye lids from your nose and follow under your eyes applying pressure... kinda like how boxers push blood swelling away...

seems to work...
m00tmuffin
All of the above stuff is good advice, but keep in mind that if you're really pale your best bet will be a little bit of makeup because where your skin is thinner the blood vessels and everything are more likely to show because of your translucent skin, but if that doesn't apply to you I hope the other great suggestions work! I suffer from the same issue, hehe.
kevin briggs
Bags under the eyes indicate a large intestine (colon) problem, or kidney problems. The bags right under, straddling the lower eyelids are kidney bags, the ones below them are large intestine (colon) bags. Don't confuse the two.

All the above items (alcohol, smoking, stress, aging, too much work, or lack of sleep) are lifestyle issues; they are not the cause of the bags under the eyes, they just aggravate it.

And it all starts here with the accumulation of this crap and mucus inside you. Some people think this mucus just blocks up their digestive tract. Well, they're wrong. It's blocking up their arteries, joints and cellular activity too!
yy1124
old peoples always tell me: don't drink water before you sleep or you will get "eye bags"...

not sure true or not, but mine start showing since i start sleeping later (online game of course Smile )

well, trying hard to follow their advices, hope it works
Captain Fertile
Bags under the eyes can be a genetic thing - my wife's family all suffers from them and she has tried everything to prevent herself getting them.

One quick fix for a special occasion on a bad day is to apply egg white to the affected skin under the eyes. This will cause the skin to tighten much like the pile cream but without the harsh chemicals.
m00tmuffin
The best thing to do would be to press a cool spoon against them for a minute or two in the morning. If you have puffy eyes a lot, it usually means that you're retaining fluid, so be sure that you're drinking a LOT of water because it helps to flush that out...people say to drink like eight or so glasses, but really, about six is completely fine. When you wake up and wash your face, even if it's cold...don't use warm water, it will only keep all those pores open, you want to use cool water to shrink the bags under your eyes, and if you can stand it, ice water. You don't want to use warm teabags...the old trick is to actually boil them, THEN squeeze them out and freeze (or if you can't handle it refridgerate them)...and for some reason it works better if the tea you boil/freeze have caffiene in it. Buy a new tube of Preperation H and use that too, it works wonders, seriously...but you may have to reapply it later on in the day. But yeah...you want cold things, not warm ones...they'll fix the problem for the most part even if they don't feel as comfortable.
tiel_99
Yeah, I've heard that eyebags are either genetically inherited or a result of too much fat in the body.

I do notice that some people have eyebags which refuse to go away no matter how much sleep they get.

And I have noticed that people who are overweight also tend to naturally get eyebags.

I've got eyebags myself and they seldom disappear. Don't know why. Tried everything mentioned so far but nothing seems to work.

The best thing to do would be to press a cool spoon against them for a minute or two in the morning. If you have puffy eyes a lot, it usually means that you're retaining fluid, so be sure that you're drinking a LOT of water because it helps to flush that out...people say to drink like eight or so glasses, but really, about six is completely fine. When you wake up and wash your face, even if it's cold...don't use warm water, it will only keep all those pores open, you want to use cool water to shrink the bags under your eyes, and if you can stand it, ice water. You don't want to use warm teabags...the old trick is to actually boil them, THEN squeeze them out and freeze (or if you can't handle it refridgerate them)...and for some reason it works better if the tea you boil/freeze have caffiene in it. Buy a new tube of Preperation H and use that too, it works wonders, seriously...but you may have to reapply it later on in the day. But yeah...you want cold things, not warm ones...they'll fix the problem for the most part even if they don't feel as comfortable.
chaotikremix
I heard dabbing (not rubbing) vasaline under your eyes helps reduce the appearance of baggy eyes and dark circles. I tried this and I worked! Just try it and see!
missdixy
bluecradle wrote:
online gaming caused my eyebags Shocked for 3 months...
now i prefer sleeping haha...

Lol. I had the same problem in the past.
Now, I don't sleep much because I usually have too much on my mind, and I've stopped trying to do anything about these bags.
.you.make.my.heart.happy.
Another thing I believe helps with bags under your eyes would be the shade of foundation and eyeliner, and make sure you always take your makeup off each night before you go to bed.

~love: nIkKi
cropwell
I've tried cold spoon before and i think it worked for me.As for teabags i haven't tried that one but I'll give it a try, sometimes when i don't get much sleep i do wake with puffy eyes, i heard about putting a spoon in the freezer to get it cold and placing it on the eyelids after closing them it worked for me maybe you can try it yourself,I've also used cucumber i think that one also works. try and tell me if their's any difference when next your do have puffy eyes.
kim_d
hm, the vasaline sounds pretty good.
Overall, saggy skin, blood vessels that are too big, your life style, sun damage, and allergies could be the cause of your dark circles/eyebags.

Saggy skin- According to an article on Beauty lish- "If the dark color below your eye disappears when you stretch the skin in that area, then you could be losing fat and need plumping." In this case, you want to eat flavonoids, found in dark chocolate, green tea, red wine, grapes, and cranberries to plump up your skin. Hydration as well as these foods would plump up your skin and reduce the appearances.

Blood vessels- us ladies and men with translucent skin are quite unlucky when it comes to our dark circles. However, you can always use the cold washcloth method and soak a washcloth in freezing water, wring it out, and place it over your eyes and rest for ten to fifteen minutes. Come on, your eyes need the treat.

Life style- I couldn't have said it better myself than Beautylish, which states, "Not enough shut eye, a poor diet, and dehydration are the third reason for these pesky circles. Any of these issues will make your eyes puffy—the shadow from the bags is the dark circle you see. “Your skin looks radiant and healthy when you have a good diet,” says Dr. Colbert. “An unhealthy lifestyle means a dull complexion, more dark circles, and deflated-looking skin.” Circles can also appear brown when you’re filling up with bad foods. A good way to detoxify is by eating two cups of broccoli, kale, spinach, or brussels sprouts a day. So, Beauties, if you’re noticing a darkish hue and puffy eyes when you wake up, it's time to look at ways to get more sleep, improve your diet, and maintain a healthier lifestyle!"

Sun damage- “Sun damage can also thin or damage the skin making blood vessels more apparent,” says Dr. Karcher. Make SPF a daily step in your routine, and be sure to apply it underneath your eyes. (source, again, beautylish)

Allergies- Yeah, if allergies are your reason, you're unlucky like us translucent people... Beautylish says "The changing of seasons can also mean increased sneezing, and unfortunately, those pesky shadows. “Dark pigmentation can also happen by rubbing your eyes, an action that’s usually caused by allergies,” says Dr. Karcher. The skin around your eyes is extremely sensitive, and trauma from excessive rubbing can cause broken blood vessels and sagging skin. A calming eye cream that brightens can help relieve itchy eyes and minimize the appearance of dark circles."

Trying the Vasaline thing tonight, and I think I'll use the washcloth method and combine those two together