FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

DS BROWSER

Yantaal
DS BRwoser ooh, yeah, thats one less thing the PSP has over the DS.

good news ey. DS FTW.
rightclickscott
That's right, the DS now has an addon where you can use the Opera browser, and surf the net via Nintendo WiFi, which is awsome, because they were giving the standard Opera browser away for free now, so they put it to very good use. DS FTW indeed.
Hanpusu-kun
Well, Ive heard complains about the browser being laggy and such stuff. But wtf, I have a laptop so its not even worht buying imo.
Manofgames
i agree.

it seems that the DS is overcoming the psp.

Though i heard a while ago, b4 psp came out that there were some sites where you could download a browser for the psp.

though nothing offical.

i think its a good idea for nintendo to make a browser, because it instantly increases the apeal of the ds against other portables, where you're limited to only playing through wi-fi, or a slow connection like infra-red(i know its hardly used now)
Pablo Diablo
How do you get this browser onto your DS?
rightclickscott
I think you have to buy it seperately, I'm not sure yet. But what I have heard is that the Wii is going to use the same Opera browser on their home console.
Fire Boar
I've never used opera before.

This addon does seem to be pointless in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fanboy of any kind trying to diss the DS (I have one and love it to bits), but I do think that since it uses the WFC connection, anyone having the ability to use it also has the internet on their computer, which has a much more usable interface as far as web browsing is concerned. The only places where this would be useful are places like McDonalds and other open broadband places. Or if you only had one computer and that was being used for something else.

But I expect it will do good things for the DS, even though I will not be getting a copy of the browser personally.
rightclickscott
It's as useful as the browser the PSP has.
Whong
I never knew that the PSP had a browser too, well, it will much easier to handle on the DS because of the touch screen. The mic in DS will also be really cool, you can chat with others while playing in wifi, can't you?

Idea Question