FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

how to get over someone

Dustylunchbox
what is the best way to get over someone????
i mean seriously its rather tricky specialy if u let urself slip. i have yet to find a fail safe way to get over someone you like. this is jsut another rant type post to fill up space
Tumbleweed
Dustylunchbox wrote:
i mean seriously its rather tricky specialy if u let urself slip. i have yet to find a fail safe way to get over someone you like. this is jsut another rant type post to fill up space

I dont think you can get over someone you really like.....you just get on with life without them...but there allways there in the back of your mind somewhere
Subsonic Sound
Its hardest to get over someone if you still see them every day, so if they're still a part of your daily routine, something needs to change. The best way is to simply get on with life without them, meet new people, try not to dwell on it.

Learn lessons from what happened - whatever happened, but don't dwell on the negative.
supjapscrapper
I completely agree with the others, one should simply let the experience with its goods and its bads in the back of his mind, and use it as experience and memories, with time you can make it look better on thhe best side and you forget the bad events .... to think that there is someone outthere who is gonna make you forget give a great deal of hope Very Happy
Sadow
Dustylunchbox wrote:

It's corny, but time does heals a lot of wounds.
My simple advice is: kill the time.

After my former relationship ended, I was pretty heartbroken. Know what I did? I bought a game computer and I killed the time. This really helped me a lot. Keep thinking about it won't help, and wondering what went wrong.
It's over, accept it, get over it, kill time, heal wounds, get back to life.
benjmd
Time is definitely the magic bullet.

I try to think it through and say, "Here are the reasons why we should not be together," or "In the end you don't want to be with someone that is just pretending to like you, so it wouldn't work out anyways," but I think we all have ways of beating ourselves up over such things and finding 20 reasons about ourselves that the person doesn't like us.

I say learn to appreciate who you are and know what you would like to improve or develop in yourself at all times so that your relationships don't make or break you. Then just focus on the good things and let the time heal the wound.
HoboPelican
Time helps....but for me finding a new relationship is the final nail in te coffin of an old relationship...if that isn't too gruesome of any analogy Wink Once you find someone else to love, the old partner always fades to minor memory.
picsite
I've just been through two rejections recently and both have been girls I was close with before I fell for them. So in the end the first girl I got over quickly because I started to fall for the second girl and now the second I can't seem to get out of my mind even though I still see her everyday and talk to her everyday I dont know.......it makes me soo happy when i talk to that girl but then again I know that I need to get over her. Crying or Very sad
benjmd
Picsite, I've definitely been in that position before. What helped me was this: When one friend has a crush on the other and the other doesn't have those feelings back and this is something that is out there at the surface, it can really put a strain on the friendship and the other friend. Sometimes it just takes realizing that if you care about someone that sometimes letting the romantic part of that go is something you can do for *them*, if not for yourself too.
Rico
Find a rebound, it takes a few days for the chemicals in your brain to stop
making you miss the other person. also avoid any contact, photo's etc.
douzy
Go out there and have fun! Get to meet new people. Spend less time in front of your PC. Soon you would meet someone you like/love even more than her/him.
TrueFact
getting over some one? well in case the other side rejects you or appeared using you not loveing you or just doesn't have the same feelings you have towards him/her and you need to get over it you have to do the following:

1- Yes, Kill the time but in something useful. cuz any unuseful thing or un-entertaining you'll find yourself slipping to thinking and remembering. Go doing sports, repair something at home, take more work hours. The idea is just don't leave yourself to memory and desperate.

2- Think positive of yourself specially before the time you go to sleep and right away when you wake up. If you find that the other side doesn't deserve your love and the whole relationship think of yourself the right way. Never think about what went wrong or what you have less than others. Make yourself think and feel like if s/he never deserved and that s/he lost you and you lost nothing.

3- Yes again, try to get away of everything reminds you of him/her. Memory is doubled blade in this case. Use it to your own good. If you still have to meet (room mate, work mate, class mate) keep the relation to its minimum and in the limits of work or class.

4- NO, finding another one or envolving yourself in a quick relation is some sort of cheating yourself. And guess what, you'll find yourself envolved with some one you may start to think "Oh god, how did I date that guy/girl" if it's just dating not deeper. Instead, don't be alone. Don't date or start a new relation BUT don't be alone. You can't work all day or do sports all day but having fun and having some joy with others (relatives or friends) will do the job for you without losing in another un prepared or uncalculated relationship.

5- FACE HIM/HER. If you wanna get over some one face him/her and tell him that s/he wounded you and messed up with your life and emotions. Don't keep it inside you and bear the pain alone. Make him/her share your pain and the feel of guilt of hurting you and cry out and wheep for their loss... YOU.

I hope that no one of you need this advices and this is not a professional just my 2 cents.
bluecradle
Subsonic Sound wrote:
Its hardest to get over someone if you still see them every day, so if they're still a part of your daily routine, something needs to change. The best way is to simply get on with life without them, meet new people, try not to dwell on it.

Definitely true. If you are really serious of letting her out of your system, then you should try to move on even if she's in your daily routine. But it's definitely easier if you no longer see him/her everyday.

I used to have a serious crush with this 1 girl back in high school, we tried to start a relationship but things didn't end well. I thought that i will never forget her, but after high school i did. After that, I learned that we should not be too hard on ourselves on forgetting someone, rather enjoy the moments you have been together. Sounds idealistic and hard? Who says that life of an adult is easy? Confused
kcthomas44
All people are diffrent, and I believe there is no one way for everyone to get over people. I might get over people diffrent than others and I'm sure I get over girls alot diffrent than most girls get over guys. I've found that it is easiest for me to get over a girl by not talking to them or seeing them or looking at thier facebook or anything. I totally cut it off and dont let it linger around me. If they did something wrong and that is why it's over (cheating, lying etc...) then it usually helps me get over them if I throw a few choice words thier way that I know will make them feel bad, then I never give them the chance to say they are sorry, because I don't care. (I acctually do, but I know it hurts them and that's what I'm goin for) After totally cutting them out of my life, I usually hook up with a few fast girls then start dating and talkin to other people. Its that easy, although some people do it different, thats what I do.
dan751
Well, about a year and a half ago, my girlfriend broke up with me, at first I was all fine with it, but then I broke down. It was possibly one of the most terrible things a person could experience, short of an, ahem, butt probe (fortunately, I never had one). What I did to help get over her, are as follows:

01. Stopped listening to the music that reminded me of her.
02. Stopped talking with her often, and only on occasion.
03. Did tonnes of things to keep me distracted to help keep her out of mind.

Well, those aren't all the things I did, just the few from the top of my head.
I hope these help.

Cheers,
Dan.

P.S. I must point out, but I don't think it would happen to you, as people react differently in this kind of situation. But, what seems to have happened over time, is I hardened my emotions, particularly romance. I don't understand to love someone in this manner. I don't know how long this effect will last, but I believe it keeps me out of trouble.
twisthigh
Surround yourself with people that you love and people that love you back, like your best friend, and your family. Those are people that you can trust and that you can count on.

And junk food always helps...lol
nodarn
My answer to this question would simply be, to try not to look at their picture at all for 6 months. I have found out that if you do this then you don't remember much of that person anymore. Then after those 6 months make sure that you simply don't go and see that person again because that will bring up all the built up emotions since then.

Trust me I would now Sad.

Now I would probably take down all the pictures, but i'm not saying to burn or throw them at someone, unless you either hate that specific person you're throwing it at or you do not like the person in question.

Either ways make sure you have some ibiprophen.
osbits
Time cures any hurts.
Time cures anything and everything but sometimes cure can hurt or just take a long time to revive you back again. So don't count on time only and its cure cuz it's like burning the wound... it's fast but ... ouch ... it hurts alot.
aneotoena
My solution is "FRIENDS" not just party friends but real friends. When my former relationship ended(I had been 3 years with the girl). I was like a piece of sh*t, I started skipping university classes(every class every day) I just didn't wanted to go out of my home. Then I started going out more with my friends even talking about it with them helped me a lot.

Sorry my english is not perfect.
frozenhead
Well, you really can't forget that person because he / she is now a part of your life. What you need to do is to accept and forgive. I think that's the most important thing to do than of trying to get rid of that person or to forget that person.

A distance apart to that person and a lot of time for yourself can add up to your fast recovery. Wink
diduknowthat
I think somethings wrong with me...lol

I mean i've liked this girl that lives in another town for over a year now. I know she doesn't like me back, but i somehow keep on liking her. Sounds corny i know..but i've given up trying to not like her. Maybe one day someone else will pop into my life and help me get over her.
Tvis
I agree with Benjmd...Time is the only thing that heals the pain...
Took me about 4 months until I stopped thinking about my ex day in and day out. So in order to pass that time, find yourself anything to do, that can be anything you like. Just doing something makes you help not to think about the person you always think about...

And one day...it's over...
GProject
It's been suggested by others in numberous ways, but throwing yourself into another project can be a good way of dealing with it. Work harder, play more sports, start a website (if you're technical like that), anything is good.

Not only will it keep your mind focused on something else, but you'll actually be a lot more productive too.
the1991
[quote="benjmd"]Time is definitely the magic bullet.

I try to think it through and say, "Here are the reasons why we should not be together," or "In the end you don't want to be with someone that is just pretending to like you, so it wouldn't work out anyways," but I think we all have ways of beating ourselves up over such things and finding 20 reasons about ourselves that the person doesn't like us.

I say learn to appreciate who you are and know what you would like to improve or develop in yourself at all times so that your relationships don't make or break you. Then just focus on the good things and let the time heal the wound.

Agreed. Time is the only thing I've found that really helps. You just can't put someone out of your mind. It doesn't work.
Codeman1
Well my best friend started goin out with someone bout 4 months ago and I got mad cause I was gonna ask he r out. I really like her and all. The thing is last night we had a dance at school and it like t hey barley talk to each other or anything.. makes me sad...
sumangurung
Time is the healer as mentioned earlier. WHen you get out of a serious relationship, it is always hard and you end up thinking about her/him most of the time. ANd i think it is normal and ok to think about them after all they had been a major part of your life.

To get over them, you need time, and some other things which can take the focus away from your ex.
manuleka
an alternative is to have a few more than just one person to like... hehehe!

one down there's still a few around...
bongoman
my advice is to just get back on the horse, find someone else and if that doesn't work then do anything and everything else to keep your mind off it. By doing this hopefully you'll be so busy with yourself in doing other things you'll forget all about them and you'll most likely find someone else while you're at it.
mike_phi
Here i would also have to agree with some of the posts Time in its fast moving yet slow healing motion is deffinatly the way and its not only time on its own its time you have to use.

The best way is to use the time not to reflect on the parts you have lost but to build on your own character as we all constantly have work to do when it comes to improving ourselves, and if you find that you failing now and then to really let go and sort of nack slide soetimes then use reality,

There obviously is a good reason you truely feel you want to get over this person so if you believe this is what you want to do then when ever you weaken just tell yourself these blantent reasons for why you left in the first place and why you so much want to get over this person that you have even posted a question and are hoping to find a solution, this obviously shows you really want to get over it so just remeber why and what made you decide so strongly.

I think its great you have already come very far as you are deffinatly sure you want to move on, allot of people are confused, at least you have that clear

good luck cheers Mic
benjmd
Having just been dumped yesterday, I will contribute the following:

1. Purge. Let all those emotions out, then start sorting a little bit.
2. Time
3. Refocus on what makes you "you." Reestablish for yourself the parts of your life that you value besides just that special someone so that it is clear that life goes on in many good ways.
4. If everyone has someone for them, it certainly has to be someone who will love them fully - this last person couldn't give you just that, so they weren't right for you.
5. Let go of fear. Fear of finding someone new or ever getting past this person or dealing with changes the broken heart will bring is often the toughest part. But you shouldn't concern yourself with asking those questions. You should concern yourself with answering those questions. Go meet people, embrace your life, and refuse to dwell on the past.
m00tmuffin
At first it'll seem impossible--that these thoughts will never ever stop haunting you, but time does make things better. Avoid contact with them in any way possible, and if you can't bear to at least be parted with any artifacts on remnants of your relationship, put them all in a box somewhere that you won't be tempted to go and peek in every day. Find something else to occupy your time with; preferrably not a rebound girl/boy, but with friends, or a new hobby. Hopping right back into a relationship right after ending one is usually a bad idea so wait a month or two. If after months you still find yourself feeling depressed, you might want to go seek a therapist and get some professional help.
Exander
I find what most suffers during a breakup, regardless of the nature of it, is self-esteem and a daunting amount of spare time.

Self-esteem will replenish itself. Spare time tends to need filling. Hobbies, perhaps neglected freindships, anything you enjoy really (healthy pursuits of course).

Different realtionships take longer or shorter to get over, but having been a veteran of many, I can tell you it gets better.
estring44
I am in a crazy situation right and I am racking my brain trying to figure the best way to handle things so I can keep the little bit sanity I have left.

I will make it short, I am in a band that is doing really well right now , a lot shows booked , over seas tours, great money , awesome experience and oppurtunity. But my ex is the lead guy in the band , he taught me everything gave this great oppurtunity and so much more. He now of course many years later and many of his head games he just recently decided he does not feel for me even as a friend anymore because he would get pissy when I would try to communicate with him and ask him how we can get our friendship back to healthy point, I never get any answers.
He plays with alot of peoples emotions , wants his cake and eat too kinda thing , I do not know how to handle his rejection and I do not know how to deal with the other women he says is a friend but I can see it is much more, and it is going to be in my face for a long time. I do not want to quit the band, I have worked hard to get to this point and I do not want to have to walk away , just because my lame ass cant except the fact that out of the blue he became a freaking douchebag and is treating me like shit, it is making it hard to put my emotion into the music , how do play someone elses music with passion and all your heart when that person gives you nothing.
so much for being short, but i just so desperatly want to get over or have that friendship again, his acting like he cant stand me or could care less about me is driving me crazy and causing anxiety every time we play a show together I cannot just be ok with the fact that he does care about me at all anymore.

Please if anyone has any advice on how to be around someone you care about and they do not feel the same I would really appreciate any advice , even if it is going to be a little harsh

Peace. thanks
BlackRainbow

getting over people is one of the hardest things ive had to do and i seem to constantly go through it every time a relationship ends. (i get to attached Confused )
but i have found that the best thing to do is distance yourself completly from them. this allows you to think normally, which you cant if you are constantly seeing them.
saying that it is still hard depending on the situation. sometimes i think that its easier just to never let anyone get close. then they cant hurt you.
deanhills
estring44 wrote:
I am in a crazy situation right and I am racking my brain trying to figure the best way to handle things so I can keep the little bit sanity I have left.

I will make it short, I am in a band that is doing really well right now , a lot shows booked , over seas tours, great money , awesome experience and oppurtunity. But my ex is the lead guy in the band , he taught me everything gave this great oppurtunity and so much more. He now of course many years later and many of his head games he just recently decided he does not feel for me even as a friend anymore because he would get pissy when I would try to communicate with him and ask him how we can get our friendship back to healthy point, I never get any answers.
He plays with alot of peoples emotions , wants his cake and eat too kinda thing , I do not know how to handle his rejection and I do not know how to deal with the other women he says is a friend but I can see it is much more, and it is going to be in my face for a long time. I do not want to quit the band, I have worked hard to get to this point and I do not want to have to walk away , just because my lame ass cant except the fact that out of the blue he became a freaking douchebag and is treating me like shit, it is making it hard to put my emotion into the music , how do play someone elses music with passion and all your heart when that person gives you nothing.
so much for being short, but i just so desperatly want to get over or have that friendship again, his acting like he cant stand me or could care less about me is driving me crazy and causing anxiety every time we play a show together I cannot just be ok with the fact that he does care about me at all anymore.

Please if anyone has any advice on how to be around someone you care about and they do not feel the same I would really appreciate any advice , even if it is going to be a little harsh

Peace. thanks

I think the worst thing is to psycho analyze things as that is certain to drive you crazy in the head. The only person that can change is you. To get your life back you need to take control of you not of him. Maybe this is like heroin. Most heroin addicts only really have great trips during the first few sessions, and during the rest of it they keep on fixing with heroin in the hope that they can get the great highs of those first trips back. So maybe you could be addicted to a friendship with this guy? You want something back that you can never have again. So possibly you need to take stock of this for you and revise your expectations so that it would be ones that focus on you for you rather than expectations for someone who really only brought you happiness a long time ago, and perhaps has moved on with his life.
my_love
I also met someone in other forum. I could not get rid of him. everyday I'm always thinking of him...I curse him that I hope he too would be thinking of me every now and then up to the point he wish to see me in person... so it would be fair...I mean for no reason at all he stop talking to me we had a nice conversation and all. I was already trusting him so much so that I feel like I like him already.We set to meet already but the day before it he said he wouldn't make it and then that's it . he's gone what kind of man is that making a woman fell for him and then will leave...Maybe I am an idiot...but I could not stop thinking about him... Sad
James_Hicks
The best thing to do if you decide to breakup is to get married. Then once you are divorced you'd be glad it's over and move on quite easily. Plus, once you've discovered the cold, hard truth of marriage then every relationship after will detour you from ever getting too attached. Marriage can really kill ones confidence in the matters of love.
my_love
that's why I don't want to get married yet...its a complicated thing.
tapina
You need to reduce the amount of time you think about that person. Get yourself involved in other activities, like gym, charity work, etc. Do not isolate yourself. Rather, find new friends and be more outgoing. Having someone to talk to also helps a lot. Someone like a friend or a counsellor.
burntup56
Hey when I've had to deal with a breakup I always make sure to avoid or cut out that person entirely or as much as possible because it often ended up making things worse.

After that I would definately turn to close friends to try to spend your time with them because I know my friends are always there for me and to cheer me up and maybe even spend more time with your family. The worst thing I think you could do is be alone and sulk over it. Don't get me wrong go ahead and give youself some time to recover but I would not give it more than one or two weeks. Oh and maybe pick up a new hobby or goto the gym something to distract your mind from any pissed off/ sad feelings you may have.
scbrazil
Two ways really. They can be combined.
The first and easiest is to find someone else as quickly as possible. This gets your self-esteem up - being wanted - and avoids dwelling on the ex. You have to lie to yourself a bit. You may still prefer to be with or think about the ex even when you're with the new person but lie to yourself a little and it will help you get on with things. The danger with this is the rebound trap. You just subsitute one person with another and quickly get entangled again to avoid any emotional pain and therefore never really move past things.
To avoid this you should go out with various other people, force yourself to meet new people, just talk to new people even though you don't feel like it and privately get on with the second way. Which is...
...allow yourself to move through a mourning period. The phases of mourning are;
1. Shock or disbelief - this isn't happening
2. Denial - she'll come back to me. It's a phase etc.
3. Bargaining - come back to me and I'll change, I'll give you this or that
4. Anger - It is the most important and tricky phase. Allow yourself to feel anger but don't express it to the other person. Think of all the things your ex did that you didn't like. Anger is normal but you have to know how to handle it. Know the difference between anger and vengeance.
5. Sadness or even depression - you're nearly there now. Again this is normal. Hey, you just lost something you loved. Again, do not confuse with self pity and moping.
6. Resignation - I would have preferred things to be different but they're not. Come to think of it...the past was great but the future may be better.
7. Acceptance - now you can recall all the good things about the relationship so that you don't carry any bitterness with you.
Go through this and you grow, you learn about yourself, you avoid becoming emotionally dependent on others to feel good about yourself, thus opening the way to have more fulfilling and healthy relationships in the future.
mitra
some good tips in this thread. Just broke up with my gf after 4 years, so feeling a bit down in the dumps at the moment. Luckily we are still friends and at the moment we are in two different countries so get to spend some time apart in the beginning which i feel is good.
psycosquirrel
I think that the best way to get over someone is to try to fall in love again (with someone else, obviously). It will be difficult at first, but you will have to move on eventually.
ThatsSplendid
Recently my girlfriend broke up with me, but kept toying with me. She'd tell me she wanted me to wait for her until she was ready to date again, but she'd talk to other guys. Finally I told her I couldn't talk to her anymore, because I couldn't go through another day of feeling like total crap. You have to stick to your decision, and give it time. I gave my cell phone to my brother and told him to keep it until I went a day without thinking about her, so I wasn't tempted to call or text her... It will just hurt you more in the long run. Think about how you were before you started your relationship with this person, how you didn't have to worry about anything they did, how life was better and less complicated before everything they did effected your mood. Don't let the condition of your relationship with the person govern your mood, it will only make you feel worse. Make sure you've got something to keep your mind off of it, to keep the urges to call them at a minimum. Time will fix anything, you just have to let it work, don't break your decision, stick to it. Everything will be better soon enough.
ThatsSplendid
Recently my girlfriend broke up with me, but kept toying with me. She'd tell me she wanted me to wait for her until she was ready to date again, but she'd talk to other guys. Finally I told her I couldn't talk to her anymore, because I couldn't go through another day of feeling like total crap. You have to stick to your decision, and give it time. I gave my cell phone to my brother and told him to keep it until I went a day without thinking about her, so I wasn't tempted to call or text her... It will just hurt you more in the long run. Think about how you were before you started your relationship with this person, how you didn't have to worry about anything they did, how life was better and less complicated before everything they did effected your mood. Don't let the condition of your relationship with the person govern your mood, it will only make you feel worse. Make sure you've got something to keep your mind off of it, to keep the urges to call them at a minimum. Time will fix anything, you just have to let it work, don't break your decision, stick to it. Everything will be better soon enough.
leosthenerd
It is kind of hard to forget somebody you really love...
mrcool
yes it is true that it is not that easy to forget someone you love...i have tried this before...i kept busy with myself during day time and before going to sleep...i can't think of her...
Chinmoy
the serious you get about getting over, the worse it gets. Just let it die out coldly..n if you can get someone new.
uday
Keep yourself busy! Try to make your activities as positive as possible, but do keep yourself busy all the time.
torboxz
psycosquirrel wrote:
I think that the best way to get over someone is to try to fall in love again (with someone else, obviously). It will be difficult at first, but you will have to move on eventually.

For me, psycosquirrel is right. The easiest way to get over someone is by looking for another. Don't get depressed. If you can't be with him/her, he/she is not meant for you, let it go. Accept is as a try and error, a stepping stone, for you to love the one who deserve you best.
Afaceinthematrix
Just think about all the negative aspects of the person you liked/loved. Keep focusing on only these negative aspects and completely forget about all the reasons you did like the person. Then you will eventually get over the person (and of course just completely not like them anymore). I was with my last girl friend for a while and we were really close... then we broke up. I still liked her, but I had to find a way to make myself not like her anymore. So I just thought about all the things that I had overlooked about her (because in any relationship, there will be something that you don't like about the person that you just have to get over) and eventually I got over it. Anyways... It worked for me.
dale
Dustylunchbox wrote:

I think the best way to get over someone is to just start dating someone else; it's hard to get over someone until you rebound.
shkumbin
I think the best way to get over someone is to just start dating someone else; it's hard to get over someone until you rebound.[/quote]

Spot on!!!
deanhills
Time really heals everything, so the saying "that this will also pass", is definitely true. In the meanwhile it is probably difficult, but one just have to get on with your life as best as you can. One day up, the other day down, but if you stay focussed on the parts of your life that does work well, after a while it will get easier and easier.
watersoul
Ah! I'm going through the same thing myself at the moment, (now ex) girlfriend slept with someone else on christmas eve 08 so yep, a pretty miserable christmas and lots of sad song playing!

There's no answer to this one really, everyone is different, but it does help to throw yourself back into your friends, get out sociallising, distract your mind with other things and keep telling yourself that there's someone better out there for you.

Its hard (always) and it takes ages sometimes, you may even go days feeling ok but see something which triggers a memory and brings you down again. Thats natural, and I kind of feel that we have to feel all the painful bits to truly appreciate the beautiful times when come again.

Whatever you do, don't feel that, oh its been X many days/weeks/months so you should be over it etc, emotions are them strange things none of us can control, and we all heal at different speeds.
webcola
I never talked to anyone about this, but I have a problem with this.

Long story short, the one I planned to marry basically broke my heart. I took a 5 hour train ride to try to talk to her (she went to a school far away from mine), ended up staying up all night in the cold (I had no where to stay) while she went to a party. I would never think in a million years she would do something like that.

I wrote my "goodbye and I'm going to miss you" letter crap to her, and took the hardest ride back without seeing her for even a second. Couldn't eat right, sleep, or focus in class for 2 months (I almost ended up failing out, but thankfully I passed all my classes).

I met another woman that pretty much had the same situation as I did, so I felt that I should really treat her nice and make her feel special. I always called her, hung out with her, take her out to dinner, etc., which made her feel really happy to have me in her life.

This bitch, too, ended up breaking my heart. She basically led me on, used me for various things, and did some messed up things to me (don't have time to explain).

I'm doing much better than I was before, but now I wake up in the middle of the night thinking about the first girl, sleeping way too much (12-13 hours), having random mood swings, having thoughts of suicide (I will most likely never do this, I love my family and friends), etc.

Now I ****** hate women. Deep inside them, they are after your money. If you are unable to provide, they will leave instead of stand by your side.

To cut things short, has anyone been in this situation? Can anyone give me advice?
watersoul
webcola wrote:

Now I ****** hate women. Deep inside them, they are after your money. If you are unable to provide, they will leave instead of stand by your side.

To cut things short, has anyone been in this situation? Can anyone give me advice?

Dude! It'll get better honestly!
They're not all bad, there's some absolutely beautiful souls out there just waiting to cross your path. You'll get hurt loads of times in life and you'll probably hurt some hearts yourself as well, but really and truly, there are more lovely people in the world than horrible ones.
Every time you're hurt, you learn a lesson that helps you totally appreciate the wonderful people that will light your life in future...and they will.

Spend some time out, throw yourself into your friends, and above all look yourself in the eye in the mirror while forcing a smile, telling yourself that the bitch didnt deserve the kindness in your heart.

Good guy's don't always win, but bad girl's always lose..........eventually!
Parkour_Jarrod
This is the perfect time to start learning something or studying harder... FORCE it out of your mind use everybit of brainpower you have constantly on learning a language or something and you wont have time to think about the person, then because there is nothing to trigger the chemicals that flow through your body creating Love so you will heal faster the only problem with that is, when you finally go to sleep your brain shuts down all defenses faster and you may have bad dreams/ bad times at night where you think of them a lot and well it may not work...
princessskater
heyy.. recently i got a huge crush on this boy. He is a family friend .. ii was so much in love
with him more than i had ever been before. When i saw him at school i got butterflies and i
couldnt control myself like one time i screamed lol. I even joined a few christian groups so i could see him so after school on a weds i see him and i go to his house on a thurs after skl..but then my friends got annoyed with me because i would mention him 24/7 so i asked him out and he said no. I was heart broken i didnt even speak for the rest of the day. I still cant get over him now.. as a result of him rejecting me im left confused and heart broken.. i dont no where i stand with him.. i dont no what to do .. some of my friends sayim never going to get him and he is a prick so i should move on but others say i shouldnt giveup and i will get him soon. i love him soo much but i want to move on so it doesnt pain me when i see him anymore. I am a christian now but when i see him on a wednesday he completely ignores me and when i go to his house on a thursday he just avoides me and i dont see him at his house there anymore.I dont no what to do..please help me .. i want to move on so it doesnt hurt me.. i wanted to change myself for him but i dont want too . please help !x[/b]
princessskater
watersoul wrote:
webcola wrote:

Dude! It'll get better honestly!
They're not all bad, there's some absolutely beautiful souls out there just waiting to cross your path. You'll get hurt loads of times in life and you'll probably hurt some hearts yourself as well, but really and truly, there are more lovely people in the world than horrible ones.
Every time you're hurt, you learn a lesson that helps you totally appreciate the wonderful people that will light your life in future...and they will.

Spend some time out, throw yourself into your friends, and above all look yourself in the eye in the mirror while forcing a smile, telling yourself that the bitch didnt deserve the kindness in your heart.

Good guy's don't always win, but bad girl's always lose..........eventually!

im a girl.. i dont want to go after any boys money .. most girls dont want boys money they just
want to be loved i think. Just go out and enjoy yourself and the right girl will be there Smile
Greatking
Well opinions might differ but someone once advised that always think about the negative things about the person when you were dating or in a relationship and it works like magice.

Because anytime you think about the person then only negative things come to mind.
SBCBC33
I like to pick up a new hobby. It keeps my mind occupied for quite awhile, particularly if I find I REALLY enjoy this newfound hobby. Dating new people also helps a lot.