FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

database import

sonicj
I am trying to import a database dump into a new database that i created. The file is 9.09 mb. I used winrar to zip it down to 1.53mb, went to phpmy admin, clicked on the database then sql tab, browsed to zip file and uploaded. At this point i get the following error:

There is a chance that you may have found a bug in the SQL parser. Please examine your query closely, and check that the quotes are correct and not mis-matched. Other possible failure causes may be that you are uploading a file with binary outside of a quoted text area. You can also try your query on the MySQL command line interface. The MySQL server error output below, if there is any, may also help you in diagnosing the problem. If you still have problems or if the parser fails where the command line interface succeeds, please reduce your SQL query input to the single query that causes problems, and submit a bug report with the data chunk in the CUT section below:

below that it has a --begin cut--. followed by a bunch of giberous to me and an --end cut--. then:

----BEGIN RAW----

ERROR: C1 C2 LEN: 2 3 765
STR: 

CVS: $Id: sqlparser.lib.php,v 2.36 2005/08/08 20:22:11 lem9 Exp $
MySQL: 4.1.11-Debian_4sarge5
USR OS, AGENT, VER: Win MOZILLA 5.0
PMA: 2.6.4-pl2
PHP VER,OS: 4.3.10-16 Linux
LANG: en-utf-8
SQL: PK
----END RAW----

next there is a sql querry and querry says

Honestly I am lost at this point. thought it was going to be a simple copy paste type of thing, which is about my level...any ideas?
Bondings
Maybe upload your database (.sql file) to your home directory (not public) and I'll put it in the database myself. And don't forget to mention the database name. Wink
sonicj
Thank you for your help. I just uploaded it(hope i put it where you asked) The database is _killboard one. Cheers.
Bondings
Please check if it worked.
sonicj
Thank you, that worked perfectly. You can see it here:

http://familyties.frih.net/eve-killboard/index.php

i have one more problem i was hoping you could help me with. obviously this is a killboard for a game i play. i have been using another board on another server. i was wondering if it was possible to move the "kill" data from the other board database and just put it in this one so that i dont have to manually enter them. i tried to back up the table "kills" from the other board and use the sql tab again to import. i got the data_dump trying to download when it finished. if i upload this like the other could you put it in for me? i will go ahead and upload it just in case. it should go in the table "k3_kills". not sure if it would even take it since they are different codes for each board. although the kill should be the same.

thanks
Bondings
sonicj wrote:
i was wondering if it was possible to move the "kill" data from the other board database and just put it in this one so that i dont have to manually enter them. i tried to back up the table "kills" from the other board and use the sql tab again to import. i got the data_dump trying to download when it finished. if i upload this like the other could you put it in for me? i will go ahead and upload it just in case. it should go in the table "k3_kills". not sure if it would even take it since they are different codes for each board. although the kill should be the same.

thanks

I'm not sure how much data that is, but wouldn't it be possible to simply copy-paste the sql instructions from the data of that table into phpMyAdmin and execute it there? That's the most simple way to do it.