FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Strange

Tasa
Ok so I have this small issues it seems my ex brother in law has sent a photo taken off his digital camera out to my ex sister in law in the mpg format. Now my ex wife has asked me if I know how to convert it. And no it is not a movie it is an image. any ideas?
exarkun
Maybe you can start trying by just renaming it to jpg format? See if that works. Wink
Stubru Freak
exarkun wrote:
Maybe you can start trying by just renaming it to jpg format? See if that works. Wink

That won't work.
{name here}
Screenshot and a paste to paint with some cropping may do. I don't think I've ever heard of anyone sending pictures in MPEG format. Good luck finding any converter to do that.
Jupernia
You should be able to open that up in an image editing program like Photoshop, PaintShopPro or as state above Paint. Also as someone above has said, Screencap the image, crop it down to size then resave it. If that doesnt work for you, then you might want to ask a friend that has a image editing program to do it for you.
varun_dodla
If you are using windows XP on your system then the simplest method would be to import the mpg file into windows movie maker and use the take picture button to capture the image and save it in jpg format.
You can as well do the same thing with any video editing software or video player with frame capture capability.

Hope this helps.