FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Zeldas

albusa
Hi frihosters, I want to tell you that my favorite game that i ever played is Zelda, the Ocarina of time, noone more, i have played the other zeldas, but no one like ocarina of time.
Majoras mask is diferent because, them dont take the original History, Zelda never appear in the game, i think only in a instant.
Wind waker, man, what they have done with those graphics?,
i know, is comming a new one for nintendo wii, zelda twinlight princess

xkobram
I thought that Zelda is Czech adventure? :/
TarsajumaClan
It definatly looks amazing. I will have to bust out my nintendo agian to play it.
It is coming out for both Wii/ Gamecube right?
2nProductions
I like Zelda the Minish Cap but thats the only Zelda I like unfortunately.
benwhite
Yeah i think so, but you'll need the wii to do some things apparently, like certain gameplay mechanics will use the motion sensor in the wii controller. I still think you'll be able to play, but it won't be as cool. I never got a gc, but I figure I'll make up for that and put up the money for the wii. Besides, then I can go back and play metroid prime and wind waker heh.
TomS
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-46293.html&highlight=

Ocarina Of Time is great. Where are those pictures from? Look like screenshots, but I can't figure out, from which game they could be...
gr3gg3r
Wow, that new Zelda game looks awesome. I might go out and by Nintendo Wii just for that game. I loved Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. Zelda has such an awesome universe, it brings back good memories.

I'm gonna go look for some more previews of the new Zelda game now. =)
TarsajumaClan
I currently have an xbox 360 and have no intentions on buying a new system. however if it is on gamecube lol i will be extremely happy.
Jupernia
I am looking forward to this game. I own every Zelda Game every made, and still play the OLD School games on the OLD school consoles.
Nameless
Oh my god, I haven't seen any previous images from the next Zelda yet, and they look amazing. I prefered the N64 Zelda's over the Gamecube's (in gameplay too, not just graphics...) and those graphics are far better than both of them. Now all I need is for the difficulty to be raised a whole bunch and it'll be perfect. Laughing

I actually liked Majora's mask just as much as Ocarina of time. Sure, it had less actual dungeons, but the whole time thing was done perfectly, and there were plenty of things to be done outside of dungeons too. Oh, and collecting masks was WAY more fun than finding those skull-bug things.
linkman2004
Dude, I can't wait for Twilight Princess to come out. I've been waiting since frickin' E3 2004 for it to come out. And after a frickin' one year delay, I more than ready for it to come out already! Smile

But, anyways, I really think that the Wind Waker is probably the best Zelda at the moment. Not only in gameplay, but in graphics, as well. I personally prefer the cel-shading over OOT's "realistic" style. Yeah, realistic my bass. The game looked frickin' fake. Razz
La838
^ I prefer 2d over 3d, then again that's another discussion (A Link to the past FTW). Twilight Princess feels more like a Wii game right now, hopefully the Wii control wouldn't stuff it up. Then again, I'll be grabbing it anyways. Should be pretty damn good.
Whong
Ocarina of Time was one of the Best Zeldas of all time! It is a really genious game!

I hope the new one will be even better! Really waiting forward to playing it! Wink Idea
rayx
Wow the graphics is really good and they make that zelda more mature look on this one.
GProject
albusa wrote:
Hi frihosters, I want to tell you that my favorite game that i ever played is Zelda, the Ocarina of time, noone more, i have played the other zeldas, but no one like ocarina of time.
Majoras mask is diferent because, them dont take the original History, Zelda never appear in the game, i think only in a instant.
Wind waker, man, what they have done with those graphics?

Now you're right about Ocarina of Time, it was indeed pure brilliance. But don't rag on Wind Waker just because of the graphics. It was just as good a game, and a fantastic installment to the series. Give it a try - you won't even notice the graphical difference after a while.
izimngcubes15
I played the WW and the FSA it was fun and I can not wait for TP
Obake
Here to join the clamour for Twilight Princess Very Happy. I'm really looking forward to seeing what the new story's like, and I'm liking the return to OOC-style graphics.

linkman2004 wrote:
Dude, I can't wait for Twilight Princess to come out. I've been waiting since frickin' E3 2004 for it to come out. And after a frickin' one year delay, I more than ready for it to come out already!

I know--hasn't it been awful?--although I guess it does make business sense for Nintendo to wait for the release of the Wii before putting the game out. About my only consolation is that my sister has been waiting almost as long for Kingdom Hearts II to come out on Playstation 2 (us being in Australia, where it still hasn't been released). I'm hoping there won't be such a long delay between Japanese/American release and Australian release for Twilight Princess. It would make me a very sad panda indeed.

Of the Zelda games released so far, my favourite is actually Majora's Mask. I know it doesn't get many votes, and I can understand why, but I actually enjoyed the story more than, say, Ocarina of Time. I liked the Skull Kid/Majora as a less conventional sort of villain than Gannondorf, and I liked that the creators, having plopped Link into an alternate universe, actually went to some length to make that world structurally different to Hyrule, even though there were definite echoes there as well.

linkman2004 wrote:
But, anyways, I really think that the Wind Waker is probably the best Zelda at the moment. Not only in gameplay, but in graphics, as well. I personally prefer the cel-shading over OOT's "realistic" style. Yeah, realistic my bass. The game looked frickin' fake.

See, I've heard this about the gameplay for Wind Waker too, and still I can't get over the game design, especially Link's character design. I'll agree that Ocarina of Time's graphics weren't spectacular, particularly in comparison to what gaming consoles are now capable of. And I certainly don't think it was a 'realistic' graphic style--I'd say it was more an anime-influenced style, whereas Wind Waker looks more like anime-through-the-lens-of-Western-cartoons. It looks more kiddish, and that was one of the things that bothered me, I guess.

And it looked like Link's character had changed too much for me to be comfortable with. In Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, he struck me as a very solemn, kind of defiant boy. Carrying the weight of the world, and all that. The admittedly little I've seen of Wind Waker makes him seem...well, bratty, to my eye. That's not a character type I'm much interested in playing.

Anyone care to convince me otherwise?
brevity
God I love the Zelda games... but I didn't see anybody mention the Gameboy title, Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening. That game was hard as hell and I don't think I ever actually beat it.

I'd have to say my two favorite are Ocarina of Time and Link to the Past. Easily. I go back every so often and have to beat them. I'm a big fan of old school systems though, I actually play my NES and SNES more than anything else.
Whong
What do you think of the Zelda for DS. It looks interesting to me! Wink
Saryon
Zelda is one of the best games ever. I must admit I only played Zelda: Majora's Mask on the Nintendo 64. But that was just awesome.
I tried to get Ocarine of Time, but I couldn't find it anywhere anymore. I'd really like to play that.
I'm not so happy with the graphics of the Windwaker. They look too special.
But man, do I love the Twilight Princess already! That's like the main reason I'm going to the Wii Very Happy
kd5nrh
brevity wrote:
God I love the Zelda games... but I didn't see anybody mention the Gameboy title, Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening. That game was hard as hell and I don't think I ever actually beat it.

It was fun, but IMO, it was also one of the best excuses ever for having a good emulator on a PC; much easier to deal with on the larger screen where you can really see what's going on.
disidro
I've played all Zelda games and I must say I love everyone of them (except Zelda II: Link's awakening which is a horrible, horrible game!). I've finished most of them, so I cannot wait until the release of Twilight Princess this year.
aneotoena
I've played some Zelda games, finished them all. For me the best is good old Legend of Zelda: A link to the Past(SNES) maybe Ocarina of Time is a lot better in graphics and playability(I think thats the word sorry not good at english) but it loses some parts of the original story, which is pretty important in all Zelda games.

The graphics in recent Zelda games are incredibly good but the quality of the story is not the same as it used to be.
cbw1230
I think that Zelda is one of the best games ever made. I played almost every Zelda game made (Did not play the minish cap, OoA, OoS, and Four Swords). I think that the best Zelda game is Ocarina of Time and will soon be Twilight Princess. As far as storyine I think that A Link to the Past game has the best one. In my opinion the worst Zelda game is the Wind Waker (Both for it's graphics and storyline)
Nitro15
I love Zelda games but the Wii.... I dont know if i will like that.... Im playing along and im getting sweaty(from swingnig my sword) and all of a suddon the remote flys out of my had and hita an old lady in the foot and kills her (long story) so now I am to blame for the death of an old woman all because of a game. Lets not let this happen.... buy it for GC.
QrafTee
Nitro15 wrote:
I love Zelda games but the Wii.... I dont know if i will like that.... Im playing along and im getting sweaty(from swingnig my sword) and all of a suddon the remote flys out of my had and hita an old lady in the foot and kills her (long story) so now I am to blame for the death of an old woman all because of a game. Lets not let this happen.... buy it for GC.

Umm... I believe the Wii remotes come with a wristband to secure the controller to the gamer's wrist. I think this was thought of during E3 when "Nintendo fanboys" played too hard and a Wii remote actually flew out of someone's hand and endangered a lot of people. Whether it actually hit anyone is still unknown.
Yantaal
GProject wrote:
albusa wrote:
Wind waker, man, what they have done with those graphics?

Now you're right about Ocarina of Time, it was indeed pure brilliance. But don't rag on Wind Waker just because of the graphics. It was just as good a game, and a fantastic installment to the series. Give it a try - you won't even notice the graphical difference after a while.

Couldnt agree more, i played wind waker and the onyl fault that i could find was near the end when you have to pussy about trying to find the maps to find the shards opf the triforce. now that was bloody boring. but the cell shaded graphics were just another act of genius by nintendo that really set windwaker apart from the others.
SilverDogg
QrafTee wrote:
Nitro15 wrote:

Umm... I believe the Wii remotes come with a wristband to secure the controller to the gamer's wrist. I think this was thought of during E3 when "Nintendo fanboys" played too hard and a Wii remote actually flew out of someone's hand and endangered a lot of people. Whether it actually hit anyone is still unknown.

actually, i think they decided to give it a wristband earlier. i think they used it in e3. it was probably during one of the.. screenings or whatever they are called with different journalists.

gah! i really want zelda tp. it looks totally made of win and god!
Saryon
Hmm ye, a wristband might be a good idea.
I can imagine it already, playing some kind of samurai game with your controller, and suddenly, BAAAM, you lose it. Might hurt someone, or break stuff.
pacsey
a great game
althalus
My favourite Zelda game is A Link to the Past. I'm a sucker for the 2d rpg's and [though many don't reckon the Zelda games are rpg] I just love the smooth graphics in this game. The music and gameplay are awesome too, 10/10 no sweat!

I won a SNES and Zelda III on [two separate] auktions in the last few days. Will be sweet to play the game again. Very Happy
Ghengis
Anybody want to go into more depth commenting on Majora's Mask? I just started playing through it on my N64 emulator, and it seems pretty... different. I have yet to play a Zelda game I don't love (which includes everything except CD-i, AFAIK), but this one I'm starting to doubt. I got as far as running down the members of the roving gang of street kids (pretty much at the beginning of the game); tell me, is this or is it not exactly the same as the thing from OoT (?) where you have to catch some woman's chickens so she'll give you a bottle? Except that if I get frustrated with it, TOO BAD because you can't advance the game at all?

Needless to say, I'm a bit frustrated, but still optimistic.

Slightly OT: those who've played both -- is the comparison between this and the new PS2 title "Okami" at all apt?
agente_naranja
Is anyone in this post like 10 years or something?? What about the great Legend of zelda: Oracle of ages and Oracle of seasons!! Those are the greatests games ever made for the gameboy (well, maybe Metal gear was good too...and Mario tennis...and...) ok, ok there were great games anyway. I loved playing all the old-school, since Zelda from Nes (pretty boring) and all Zeldas from the Gameboy, which by the way are the best zeldas. A link to the past is just as amazing as the GB games, I dont know why somebody told that it was horrible (have u finished it?). I played also Majoras mask (wasn't it called Mask of Mujula in some place of the world??) and also Ocarina of time, both great games too. From the 'new-school' i have played only Minish Cap, and its pretty boring, and the story has nothing to do with zelda. If you replace link with any other character (like mario, donkey kong, a smurf perhaps) the game wont be affected really, I mean, there are no mentions of the triforce, or zelda, or saving somebody's ass from Ganondorf. Is just like another game. I dont' like it!
AtrickPay
I recently heard that all of the sword slashing in Twilight Princess will be controlled by waving around the "Wiimote" like a sword and the nunchuck like the shield. This kind of worries me because i think my arms would get tired after a while and it might be sort of buggy or unrefined because the hardware is such a new concept. I'm still going to give it a shot, but i hope there's a mode where i can change to the old-fashioned "Press B-Swing Sword" style.
SilverDogg
AtrickPay wrote:
I recently heard that all of the sword slashing in Twilight Princess will be controlled by waving around the "Wiimote" like a sword and the nunchuck like the shield. This kind of worries me because i think my arms would get tired after a while and it might be sort of buggy or unrefined because the hardware is such a new concept. I'm still going to give it a shot, but i hope there's a mode where i can change to the old-fashioned "Press B-Swing Sword" style.

sorry aint happening. either you play with the wiimote, or you have to get the gamecube-version and play with the old controller.

didnt know about the shield though. you sure about that?
Etcetera
agente_naranja wrote:
Is anyone in this post like 10 years or something?? What about the great Legend of zelda: Oracle of ages and Oracle of seasons!! Those are the greatests games ever made for the gameboy (well, maybe Metal gear was good too...and Mario tennis...and...) ok, ok there were great games anyway. I loved playing all the old-school, since Zelda from Nes (pretty boring) and all Zeldas from the Gameboy, which by the way are the best zeldas. A link to the past is just as amazing as the GB games, I dont know why somebody told that it was horrible (have u finished it?). I played also Majoras mask (wasn't it called Mask of Mujula in some place of the world??) and also Ocarina of time, both great games too. From the 'new-school' i have played only Minish Cap, and its pretty boring, and the story has nothing to do with zelda. If you replace link with any other character (like mario, donkey kong, a smurf perhaps) the game wont be affected really, I mean, there are no mentions of the triforce, or zelda, or saving somebody's *** from Ganondorf. Is just like another game. I dont' like it!

As for Oracle of Seasons and Ages, once you played one you had practically played the other. And as I remember, neither one of them were challenging at all. There are two kinds of popular games, the ones with killer storylines and ones that enwrap the player, and ones that are really hard but not so indepth. Zelda 2 was extremely challenging, there was almost no direction on where to go and you had to find almost everyone/everything. Bosses were some of the hardest I've seen and throughout the whole game you barely know what's going on. However, I remember having such satisfaction when I could finally finish it. Zelda 1 was kind of like that too, but not as hard. Come to think of it, I'm not sure if I ever got through Zelda 2 >_>. The spells were fun too ^_^.