FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


The better Part of the world and Al Quida






Who do you see as the winner in last five years?
Al Quida and its terrorisom
40%
 40%  [ 4 ]
The better part of the world.
60%
 60%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 10

akshar
In the last five years after 9/11 we have noticed the clash of civilizations. A developing Islamophobia and Tremendous violence.

However who do you think is to be declared as winner?

I see the fear has won. The fear of Al quida has won and

I see US and UK putting restrictions over the liberties and which in turn causes more fear. The muslim youth no more loves Britain and US and things are chaning rapidly to what I fear can be termed as clash of civilizations.
SamiTheBerber
akshar wrote:
In the last five years after 9/11 we have noticed the clash of civilizations. A developing Islamophobia and Tremendous violence.

However who do you think is to be declared as winner?

I see the fear has won. The fear of Al quida has won and

I see US and UK putting restrictions over the liberties and which in turn causes more fear. The muslim youth no more loves Britain and US and things are chaning rapidly to what I fear can be termed as clash of civilizations.

What you mean on better part of world? I can't say on myself that US and UK is the better part of the world. There are many good place on the earth in different places. I also think that fear has won.
S3nd K3ys
SamiTheBerber wrote:

I can't say on myself that US and UK is the better part of the world.


Sure the US is the better part of the world. Wink

Quote:
I also think that fear has won.


Agreed. But it's not over yet.


In the past five years, the United States of America has not had an easy task, but so far, it has managed to inflict very severe losses on al Qaeda and other terrorist groups. Al Qaeda, despite a lot of threats on videotape and audiotape, has not managed to carry out a single attack on an American target since 2001. That is probably the biggest and most unheralded sign of success. If they could carry out attacks against the United States, they wouldn't be blustering on tapes sent to al Jazeera.
kazikame
I think calling it the better part of the world just shows how xenophobic culture has become since 2001.

Personally, I think the winners were the countries which stayed out of this bull the whole time.
S3nd K3ys
kazikame wrote:


Personally, I think the winners were the countries which stayed out of this bull the whole time.


Which countries were those? The NEUTRAL countries like Swedan and Switzerland?

Islam is dragging everyone into it. Like it or not. The time is coming very soon to make your choice. Dubya has a lot to do in the next two years Wink
akshar
Better Part of the world does not mean US or UK or India or Sweeden. It means all those people who are innocent, victims of terrorism and intend to fight against the terrorism.
a.Bird
Terrorism within the United States.
snowboardude
first of all akshar, i like your avatar. second, i think your question is very one-sided. history is defined by the victor. the al-quaeda are portrayed as very evil just because the us seems to be in control. i'm pretty sure that all the people in al-quaeda and involved in terrorism find the united-states quite the terrible place.

BEAUTY IS IN THE EYE OF THE BEHOLDER.

keep that in mind.
Soulfire
Quote:
BEAUTY IS IN THE EYE OF THE BEHOLDER.

That's not stopping people from flying airplanes into buildings. Terrorists could choose other methods, say diplomacy, to take their frustration and jealousy out. But no, they choose to attack our innocents. And as our American history has told, you attack our innocents, we don't sit back and let it happen.

Even if the U.S. is "evil", we still can't sit back and just allow terrorists to destroy our buildings and kill our people. Sometimes if you want to get your point across, war is the answer. Ever heard the phrase "actions speak louder than words"? I believe that applies here.
standready
On 9/11, the terrorist (I am keeping it clean) killed people from many countries and relegions, including islam.

These people want a radical form of islam to rule the world. I know they are a small part of the islamic relegion. Why have we seldom heard members of the normal peace loving form of islam speak out against and denounce the crimes the radicals are committing? They need to stand with world against the radicals. For their sake and ours!
S3nd K3ys
snowboardude wrote:
the al-quaeda are portrayed as very evil just because the blah blah blah...



Al Quada are portrayed as very evil just because they, well, act very evil. Rolling Eyes
Davidgr1200
Quote:
Why have we seldom heard members of the normal peace loving form of islam speak out against and denounce the crimes the radicals are committing?

Because that's not news. Showing pictures of aeroplanes crashing into buildings and bombs going off in Iraq makes for better television (according to the Media themselves) than showing a film of someone saying that people should not be doing this.
How many times have you seen that film of an aeroplane crashing into the World Trade Centre in New York? The TV companies love it as it is so spectacular.
Ray Gravin
I agree with davidgr2100

Quote:
Because that's not news. Showing pictures of aeroplanes crashing into buildings and bombs going off in Iraq makes for better television (according to the Media themselves) than showing a film of someone saying that people should not be doing this.
How many times have you seen that film of an aeroplane crashing into the World Trade Centre in New York? The TV companies love it as it is so spectacular.


I think that for the most part the reason the average american does not see any feedback from the more "sane" islamic communities is because of the medias hunger to sensationalize everything. I think the majority of Americans who are truly concerned about the world and what is going on will go out of there way to find out what's really going on. The problem is that most americans are in a comfort zone that is very hard to snap out of. Life has become way to easy in allot of senses. I think the hustle of everyday life and the luxuries we have come to afford have made us week in the area of world awareness. I don't think there has been a more comfortable war time for america in its history.
S3nd K3ys
What he really meant when Ray Gravin wrote:


I think that for the most part the reason the average american does not see any feedback from the more "sane" islamic communities is because... ..there's not that many doing it


Wink

If Christians hijacked planes and rammed them into buildings with civilians in the name of God, you can bet your ass the true Christians would very loudly and very firmly denounce them and seperate themselves from the monsters. Why won't Muslims?

A recent poll on Al Jazeera showed that roughly half of Arabs support bin Laden and Al Quaeda. You know... the terrorists
ocalhoun
I don't forsee any true victory for either side, the 'better half of the world' can't win without obliterating half the world, if then, but niether can the terrorists; as soon as they could actually get any real power, the tables would be turned and they would be the ones getting hit by random attacks when they're least prepared for them.
Blaster
al quida has had some tricks up there sleves yes. But i really have to say that the better half of the world is winning... why do i say this?

Its simple why i say this. The better half of the world has not givin in to this and we are doing something about it. We are not doing what al quida really wants us to do. We are taking a stand on things. So really i see us as winning. for example the whole british thing that happend last month. We didnt' let them get on the plane we arested them. Around here after 9/11 there was some guy taking pictures of tank farms around where i live and was suspected of going to have them blown up so we arrested him.
S3nd K3ys
Blaster wrote:
al quida has had some tricks up there sleves yes. But i really have to say that the better half of the world is winning... why do i say this?

Its simple why i say this. The better half of the world has not givin in to this and we are doing something about it. We are not doing what al quida really wants us to do. We are taking a stand on things. So really i see us as winning. for example the whole british thing that happend last month. We didnt' let them get on the plane we arested them. Around here after 9/11 there was some guy taking pictures of tank farms around where i live and was suspected of going to have them blown up so we arrested him.


Considering your take on 9/11, your response here is invalid and un-necessary. Wink
Blaster
you being born was invallid and un-necessary and i didn't say a damn thing about 9/11 we do still ahve terriost....

Just remember one thing its on
S3nd K3ys
Blaster wrote:
i didn't say a damn thing about 9/11 we do still ahve terriost....


Oh. Perhaps it was a different Blaster that started the
Quote:
the 9/11 truth
thread.

There's too many Blaster's on this forum. Rolling Eyes
Blaster
yea thers me and blaster duh. Yea did i mention one thing about 9/11... no i didnt' i know there is still terrorists.
coolclay
I feel some unneeded hostility here. Whats going on guys. Why can't you play nice.
S3nd K3ys
The backpeddling begins!

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Mentioned "one thing" about 9/11, LOL!

Wink
Rico
The winner of the last five years is as you say fear. And with that goes distrust, doubt, suspicion, prejudice, discrimination, intolerance, injustice, bigotry, preconception, infinity of factors that break themselves against the principals that we need to adhere to in order to survive in prosperity and harmony.
S3nd K3ys
Rico wrote:
The winner of the last five years is as you say fear. And with that goes distrust, doubt, suspicion, prejudice, discrimination, intolerance, injustice, bigotry, preconception, infinity of factors that break themselves against the principals that we need to adhere to in order to survive in prosperity and harmony.


Harmony? Shocked

How, exactally, do you plan to live in 'harmony' with people that openly and blatently want to eliminate Anglo Saxons and Zionists, (read; Western Civilization) ???
ocalhoun
Rico wrote:
infinity of factors that break themselves against the principals

*sigh*
Either you're misusing the word infinity deliberately, or you don't really realize what it means. Just because it's a large number dosn't mean it's infinite.
ex: there is not an infinite nuber of sand grains on the beach.

So could we be a little less melodramatic perhaps?
CyanEyed
Soulfire wrote:

That's not stopping people from flying airplanes into buildings.


but nothing is stopping bush sending out soldiers to go kill innocent civilians in the middles east either is there?
Soulfire
CyanEyed wrote:
Soulfire wrote:

That's not stopping people from flying airplanes into buildings.


but nothing is stopping bush sending out soldiers to go kill innocent civilians in the middles east either is there?
The soldiers aren't killing innocent civilians, at least not intentionally. Civilian casualties are unavoidable in war. What about all the terrorism that comes out of the middle east, killing our innocent civilians.

Whether people like it or not, the U.S. has the most dominating influence in the world - and while Americans recognize the difference between globalization and Americanization, other people don't - that's the problem.

As the world's most dominate nation, we are also the most visible nation - both a blessing and a curse. Currently, it's working to be a curse.
Billy Hill
CyanEyed wrote:
Soulfire wrote:

That's not stopping people from flying airplanes into buildings.


but nothing is stopping bush sending out soldiers to go kill innocent civilians in the middles east either is there?


Score:

Misinformation: 2 Truth: 0

It's the start of the last quarter. Should be an interesting game. Wink
the-geek
so you see, everyone has diffrent point of view. al quieda isnt islam not even all the jewish are bad. this depends how you see it. Laden is hated and what about bush? how many of you likes him? whatever...this post has become useless
Tokci
Quote:
In the past five years, the United States of America has not had an easy task, but so far, it has managed to inflict very severe losses on al Qaeda and other terrorist groups. Al Qaeda, despite a lot of threats on videotape and audiotape, has not managed to carry out a single attack on an American target since 2001. That is probably the biggest and most unheralded sign of success. If they could carry out attacks against the United States, they wouldn't be blustering on tapes sent to al Jazeera.



Agreed that they havn't managed to materialize ne big attack but their agenda, to an extent, is to inflict fear and they have succeded in that...and I think US government has helped them achieving it. They WANT the people to live in fear so as to justify the wrong doings of the Bush gov.
Neway thats my point of view on the issue but I do believe that this Al Qaida terror can not alst forever...sooner or later they are going to get punished for the hedious crimes they have done...I just hope its sooner.
indianinworld
I better keep off myself Twisted Evil from posting a message / reply on the Ideology - Practice and Culture about them.

I believe these ppl. as the Inventors of Te##o#ism.

Less Live these Junks and Craps. Embarassed
ocalhoun
indianinworld wrote:

I believe these ppl. as the Inventors of Te##o#ism.

I seriously doubt that... How long have they been around?
If you define terrorisim as the targeting of civilians, you could go far enough back into history and find a time when most wars were fought that way.
Genghis Kahn could be considered a terrorist...
Related topics
Al Quida
Not Voting is Reasonable for People Who Want Freedom
[Opinion] Iraq War
Telling My Story To The World
The Middle East Conflict
What's great about your country?
2 to 7 crimes stopped by guns for every crime using guns.
DOES GOD EXIST?-- the grand old debate
India - USA Nuclear Deal
Was Obama a good choice? co-produced by deanhills
Americans want universal health care. Why can't we get it?
do u smoke or take drugs ( even for testing)
A suggestion... take it as you will
Buddhism is a philosophy
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> General -> General Chat

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.