FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How often do they go in one month into the cinema?

Duy-Beni

Thus I am 1 - 2 times in the month in the cinema!
rip8fan1
Way back before movies were released on DVD six months after they were in the theatres, I went every weekend (many times to see two or three movies in a weekend)!!!!!!!!

Nowadays, because of DVDs being released in such a short time, I only go to the movies about four times a year!
endure
Cinemas are old school, I used to go to cinema like 3 times/month and since its a small town we had a movie/week, but like 4 months ago they (the mayor) decided to demolish the cinema to make a theatre lol, which is still not ready even now after all that time, so now my city is cinema-less if I can say it like that. We have a promise of a cool cinema in the mall that will be opened sometime in November but the prices are promised to be like triple since what we had before... so like I said why go to a cinema when I can get any movie I want right here on my PC and view it in my chair as comfortable as I wish with no jerks talking or whistling during the movie Wink
S3nd K3ys
I fall asleep at the movies. So I bought a 55 inch wide screen and a home theater. I've been to the movies twice in the last 5 to 7 years, and fell asleep both times. Wink
HoboPelican
Duy-Beni wrote:

Thus I am 1 - 2 times in the month in the cinema!

I love going to the movies. We go at least once a week. The wife and I have a nice dinner out, catch a flick on the local "ultrascreen" (a converted IMAX). We have a nice big screen at home for the rest of the time, but we like to get out and have the occasional "date". Wink Tuesdays and Wednesdays we often have the entire theatre to ourselves, so we have a blast.

There is nothing to compare to seeing a good movie in a quiet theatre.
S3nd K3ys
HoboPelican wrote:
Tuesdays and Wednesdays we often have the entire theatre to ourselves, so we have a blast.

huba huba Wink
Osprey
We've got a pretty good home theater system so unless it is a "must see" film we usually wait for the DVD. I'd say we go to the cinema about once per month right now, as opposed to once a week a few years back.
HDirtwater
Before movies were $10 not including popcorn or soda, I would go just about every weekend. Now, I wait til the films are in the dollar theatre or on DVD. I will still go to see the occaisional "special" movie when it is released (like a new Star Wars, or something blockbuster like that), but I doubt I go to a first-run movie more than 7-8 times a year.
mialynavahy
Maybe, i go there once a month. it's interesting to go to theatre where the movie is a fiction, with many special effect like Xmen, or Batman... but i prefer watching comedy at home, with friends : you can make a lot of noise Laughing
Hojo
i rarely go to the movies. for one there havnt been a lot of movies in the cinemas lately, and if there are one of my friends usually already downloaded the movie and we watch it over at a friends house that has a widescreen tv. watching movies in a cinema is still fun, its a bigger screen and a whole different atmosphere.
trevtrev
Movies now-a-days seem to have so many sequels. I like going to the movies but between work and school, I maybe go around.... once a month.