FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


9/11: 5 Years On...





hack_man_
9/11, the largest terror attack in human history... The largest single loss of life to terrorism ever. We cannot let them win. We cannot let people like Osama Bin Laden do this again, like the world knows he is planning to do.

Shed a tear...
By HackMan
Shed a tear...
Shed a tear for those lost...
Shed a tear for the brave policemen who rushed into the buildings to save as many as they could...
Shed a tear for the heroic firemen fighing the fire and risking their lives so that others may flee for safety...
Shed a tear for those who could not escape, thinking of those they love...
Shed a tear for the families for the victims, feeling lost without those they loved so much...
Shed a tear for those lost...
Shed a tear...


I give my condolences to those lost in the attack and for their loved ones... Rest in Peace

I am re-posting Sunny's flash tribute to those lost, it brought a tear to my eye as I watched it last wear on the 4th anniversary... Now 5 years on, it does it again.

Sunny's 9/11 Tribute
erlendhg
Nice poem...
We must do what we can to stop the terror.
But we must also not forget.

Seems like the coupe in Chile in 1973, that also was on the 11th of september, is almost forgotten, because of the terror attack.

Even if the attack in New York was terrible, we must not forget other terrible things that has happened.
Ducksteina
9/11 is not the largest terror attack in human history - yeah, it's terrible what happened, but there are much worse things happening in our world.
By the way, do you believe terrorists caused 9/11 or the US government?
S3nd K3ys
Ducksteina wrote:
9/11 is not the largest terror attack in human history -


It's not? Perhaps you'll enlighten us?

Quote:
By the way, do you believe terrorists caused 9/11 or the US government?


Oh, brother. You're on a roll, aren't you? Why not go to the thread specifically for that question? Wink
endure
Well I'm sorry to say but this 9/11 is very similar with what happened at Pearl Harbour, USA needed a reason to go to war, the people didn't want to go to war, USA intelligence knew that they will get hit at Pearl Harbour with days before it happened and YET they did nothing just so they will have a big loss that it would stimulate USA people to go to war and to have a reason to go to war. Same case scenario with 9/11, the USA intelligence reported that the terrorists were planning this with weeks before it happened and yet nobody stopped it because if it would have been stopped then what reason was there to go and invade IRAQ? none.

I'm very sorry that in both cases only innocent people had to take the hit only so that USA can achieve it's goals, and trust me they would do it again in a heart beat, because they don't care about USA people.

PS: Just for the record im not usa civilian, I dont even live close to usa, so I see things from outside the box, and they look pretty clear from here.
mschnell
S3nd K3ys wrote:
Ducksteina wrote:
9/11 is not the largest terror attack in human history -


It's not? Perhaps you'll enlighten us?

Quote:
By the way, do you believe terrorists caused 9/11 or the US government?


Oh, brother. You're on a roll, aren't you? Why not go to the thread specifically for that question? Wink


Attack the issue, not the person, please.
sonicj
endure wrote:
Well I'm sorry to say but this 9/11 is very similar with what happened at Pearl Harbour, USA needed a reason to go to war, the people didn't want to go to war, USA intelligence knew that they will get hit at Pearl Harbour with days before it happened and YET they did nothing just so they will have a big loss that it would stimulate USA people to go to war and to have a reason to go to war. Same case scenario with 9/11, the USA intelligence reported that the terrorists were planning this with weeks before it happened and yet nobody stopped it because if it would have been stopped then what reason was there to go and invade IRAQ? none.

I'm very sorry that in both cases only innocent people had to take the hit only so that USA can achieve it's goals, and trust me they would do it again in a heart beat, because they don't care about USA people.

PS: Just for the record im not usa civilian, I dont even live close to usa, so I see things from outside the box, and they look pretty clear from here.


I am a citizen of the United States and just a common one at that, and I can tell you for a fact that if someone knew what was going to happen and where and when and did nothing about it, they would no longer be in whatever posistion they held. They would be lucky if they were alive. Don't think for a second that they would be treated any differently by the American people than the ones responsible if caught. I defend your right to say what you want, but I also defend my right to say this: My oppinnion on your post is that it is just another crackpot conspiracy theory that people love to come up with.
Da Rossa
My condolences for the dead and for their families, that every 9/11 have to rewatch that nightmare. I'm really sorry for the burden they'll have to bear for the rest of their lives on each 9/11 aniversary.

As for the responsability, there is a healthy discussion about this here. Without explaining here, yes, I believe the us government is behind this all.
ThornsOfSorrow
endure wrote:
PS: Just for the record im not usa civilian, I dont even live close to usa, so I see things from outside the box, and they look pretty clear from here.

I don't mean to start an argument, but since you "don't even live close to usa", then how do you know what's going on here? The media? Even within the U.S.A., the news on television and in the newspapers only focuses on negative aspects of the war and of what's going on in the country, so unless you live here, how can you possibly know that what you're getting is the entire truth? For example, although like most Americans, I want Bush out of office, I'm sure that there are good things going on in Iraq along with the bad, but we never hear about the good things because the newscasters don't want us to. Basically what I'm trying to say is that since, like you said, you live nowhere close to the U.S.A, you're only getting limited information so despite what you think, from outside of the box your information is even more skewed than it is inside. The only people who really know what's going on are the soldiers and the citizens in Iraq.
Da Rossa
ThornsOfSorrow wrote:
endure wrote:
PS: Just for the record im not usa civilian, I dont even live close to usa, so I see things from outside the box, and they look pretty clear from here.

I don't mean to start an argument, but since you "don't even live close to usa", then how do you know what's going on here? The media? Even within the U.S.A., the news on television and in the newspapers only focuses on negative aspects of the war and of what's going on in the country, so unless you live here, how can you possibly know that what you're getting is the entire truth? For example, although like most Americans, I want Bush out of office, I'm sure that there are good things going on in Iraq along with the bad, but we never hear about the good things because the newscasters don't want us to. Basically what I'm trying to say is that since, like you said, you live nowhere close to the U.S.A, you're only getting limited information so despite what you think, from outside of the box your information is even more skewed than it is inside. The only people who really know what's going on are the soldiers and the citizens in Iraq.


I feel sorry for having to say something like this in this beautiful topic, but what you said is bullsheet. No, I can't stay calm after reading such a series of nonsense things.

Miss Sorrow, it was in your country where they forbid, first of all, the images and footage of the crashes. The rest of the world kept watching, repeatedly over and over, those casts. Immediately after it some remaining valuable information - the cameras near the pentagon - were taken. Along with it, your government began planting want it wanted in your heads and making political profit of this disaster. Whatever evidence that proved otherwise the *official* reports were distroyed, at least attempted. Your alternative was only the internet, and in that year, videocast and streaming were not that popular, so I might have seen the WTC burning more than you. Unless you live in NY and was a few feet from the buildings, then you can say you 'felt' it, but doesn't mean that you know more than anyone. Do you think that the media is unreliable? Ur country's is, it's controlled by your government, in a hipocratical environment of 'freedom of speech' and 'free country'. Everything you see in you beautiful cnn, nbc, cbs, abc, pqp is filtered in a way that make the manipulatable American society to believe that a invasion of a poor country is good. Is there a dictator? You went there to 'free' those Iraqis? Now what are you waiting for invading China or North Korea?
And facts are facts. Since 1991, Iraq NEVER posed a threat against the US, but a reason should come. There's where your stinky president gains. He explored the 9/11 to convince that IraQ had chemical weapons and blablabla... This had been ploted prior to 1991, maybe in the times of coldwar.
To sum up: your words made it clear that the less informed about all this are you.
Nameless
This seems like the right place to say this:

GET OVER IT.

Far more people die of starvation in Africa each year than that. Hell, in the year of the attack, more people in America *commited suicide* than died in the terrorist attack. Please, let's focus on the worse issues just for a change.
hack_man_
Nameless wrote:
This seems like the right place to say this:

GET OVER IT.


No offence, but I consider people who think like that SICK! So you don't care about the fact that 3000 people died that day? So you don't care that a fair few of those deaths are because people in the tower DIED TO SAVE OTHERS? So they died in vain???

@People moaning about the US Govt.

I see your point, but either way, 3000 PEOPLE DIED!!!
S3nd K3ys
Quote:
GET OVER IT.

Far more people die of starvation in Africa each year than that. Hell, in the year of the attack, more people in America *commited suicide* than died in the terrorist attack. Please, let's focus on the worse issues just for a change.


How pathetic. You're trying to downplay the single worst attack on America, and likely the single deadliest terrorist attack in history. Oh, the starving children in Africa (whose fault is it that they're starving?) Oh, the people committing suicide in US, Oh, oh, oh.

How about YOU go to Africa and feed those kids. How about YOU go stand on that bridge and stop people from jumping off.

Better yet, how about YOU go talk to the terrorists and tell them you don't care that they're killing innocent people.

mschnell wrote:
S3nd K3ys wrote:
Ducksteina wrote:
9/11 is not the largest terror attack in human history -


It's not? Perhaps you'll enlighten us?

Quote:
By the way, do you believe terrorists caused 9/11 or the US government?


Oh, brother. You're on a roll, aren't you? Why not go to the thread specifically for that question? Wink


Attack the issue, not the person, please.


Stop Back-Seat Moderating, please. Rolling Eyes
Ray Gravin
I understand how touchy of a subject this is and I assure you that I have nothing but the deepest sympathy for all those who's family and or loved ones were effected by this disaster. I agree with some of the other people who have posted on this subject that this is a great tragedy but its not the only thing we should be concerned with as far as tragedy is concerned.

It might be safe to say that the government might have had some knowledge of the events previous to its occurrence. Its hard to swallow an Idea like that but as a citizen of what is supposed to be a democracy I feel a healthy distrust of the government is what makes a system like this work. If we trust everything they tell us without question then lose one of the freedoms we gain from having a system of checks and balance. It should be a government for the people by the people, and sometimes people need to check each other.

I find it hard to believe that invading Iraq was the most effective way to fight terror. I think that Its probably only one step in the plan. I see allot of further conflict in the middle east springing from Iraq. Kind of like a home base for our military operations in the area. I think better diplomacy and a deeper respect for the customs and concerns of the people of these countries is a far more effective route. If we were to fight this war as a Christian society, which is what many countries perceive us as, then we should turn the other cheek no?
S3nd K3ys
Ray Gravin wrote:
I

I find it hard to believe that invading Iraq was the most effective way to fight terror. I think that Its probably only one step in the plan. I see allot of further conflict in the middle east springing from Iraq. Kind of like a home base for our military operations in the area. I think better diplomacy and a deeper respect for the customs and concerns of the people of these countries is a far more effective route. If we were to fight this war as a Christian society, which is what many countries perceive us as, then we should turn the other cheek no?


In Osama Bin Laden's own words, Iraq is the forefront of the war against the Infidels. He said himself that it is VERY important for the terrorists to take that country so they will have a stronghold.

Bush knew this all along. He also knew of the importance of having control of (two?) countries that surround Iran. For BOTH of those reasons alone, not to mention the premise that EVERYTONE thought there were many more WMD there than found and the other more than a dozen reasons for going there, I see the justification.

And you want to 'turn the other cheek'?? Are you serious? Do you think that by leaving them alone they will just leave us alone? Honestly? Laughing Laughing
ThornsOfSorrow
Da Rossa wrote:
Everything you see in you beautiful cnn, nbc, cbs, abc, pqp is filtered in a way that make the manipulatable American society to believe that a invasion of a poor country is good.

Did I not say that the media is unreliable, even within the U.S.A.? And just for the record, I don't agree with the war in Iraq; I just don't think it's as horrible as everyone is saying (although it's still a pretty pointless war).

Da Rossa wrote:
To sum up: your words made it clear that the less informed about all this are you.

I never said I was informed. I only said that no one besides those in Iraq truly know what's going on, because all that everyone else has (including those in America) is the media.

Either way, whether or not worse things have happened in other parts of the world (which they have), 9-11 was a tragedy, because despite what others believe about it being a conspiracy, innocent lives were still lost. I know that I added a lot of fuel to the argument, but I really think it should be ended now. hack_man_ created this thread to pay tribute to the lives lost on 9-11, not for everyone to argue about the war, conspiracy theories, etc.
-SonyGamer
Nice poem, man. And yes, it was a gigantic tragedy when the terriosts attacked the Twin Towers/Empire State Building.

May those who died on 9/11 in that incident RIP.
mschnell
S3nd K3ys wrote:
Quote:
GET OVER IT.

Far more people die of starvation in Africa each year than that. Hell, in the year of the attack, more people in America *commited suicide* than died in the terrorist attack. Please, let's focus on the worse issues just for a change.


How pathetic. You're trying to downplay the single worst attack on America, and likely the single deadliest terrorist attack in history. Oh, the starving children in Africa (whose fault is it that they're starving?) Oh, the people committing suicide in US, Oh, oh, oh.

How about YOU go to Africa and feed those kids. How about YOU go stand on that bridge and stop people from jumping off.

Better yet, how about YOU go talk to the terrorists and tell them you don't care that they're killing innocent people.

mschnell wrote:
S3nd K3ys wrote:
Ducksteina wrote:
9/11 is not the largest terror attack in human history -


It's not? Perhaps you'll enlighten us?

Quote:
By the way, do you believe terrorists caused 9/11 or the US government?


Oh, brother. You're on a roll, aren't you? Why not go to the thread specifically for that question? Wink


Attack the issue, not the person, please.


Stop Back-Seat Moderating, please. Rolling Eyes


Why, you ask. Because you never seem to treat other posters with respect if you don't agree with them. I value respect, and therefor I don't enjoy these slams. On the other point, if you think that the US gives a lot to the poor in foreign countries, you should look up the statistics. Of the highly developed nations, we give the least.
Da Rossa
ThornsOfSorrow wrote:
Da Rossa wrote:
Everything you see in you beautiful cnn, nbc, cbs, abc, pqp is filtered in a way that make the manipulatable American society to believe that a invasion of a poor country is good.

Did I not say that the media is unreliable, even within the U.S.A.? And just for the record, I don't agree with the war in Iraq; I just don't think it's as horrible as everyone is saying (although it's still a pretty pointless war).

Da Rossa wrote:
To sum up: your words made it clear that the less informed about all this are you.

I never said I was informed. I only said that no one besides those in Iraq truly know what's going on, because all that everyone else has (including those in America) is the media.

Either way, whether or not worse things have happened in other parts of the world (which they have), 9-11 was a tragedy, because despite what others believe about it being a conspiracy, innocent lives were still lost. I know that I added a lot of fuel to the argument, but I really think it should be ended now. hack_man_ created this thread to pay tribute to the lives lost on 9-11, not for everyone to argue about the war, conspiracy theories, etc.


Ok, ok, let's get it ended. But just for the record too, a war is a war, I mean, invasion is invasion. People are dying, from both sides, and insurgent attacks were never that frequent before the presence of the US there. I think that this is a fact.
And thank you Thorns! You're very nice. By now I could have been much more harassed due to such an offensive post I made.
Nameless
hack_man_ wrote:
Nameless wrote:
This seems like the right place to say this:

GET OVER IT.


No offence, but I consider people who think like that SICK! So you don't care about the fact that 3000 people died that day? So you don't care that a fair few of those deaths are because people in the tower DIED TO SAVE OTHERS? So they died in vain???


Yeah, I figured I'd get responses like this. Allow me to elaborate slightly: I do, of course, think the attack on the Twin Towers was a sad thing. However, I find it considerably less sad than a GREATER NUMBER of people who are driven to commit suicide, or when so many people die slowly by starvation in other countries and NOBODY CARES ABOUT THEM.

What I'm trying to say is that the attack on the Twin Towers does *not* deserve far more attention than these other issues.

S3nd K3ys wrote:
Quote:
GET OVER IT.

Far more people die of starvation in Africa each year than that. Hell, in the year of the attack, more people in America *commited suicide* than died in the terrorist attack. Please, let's focus on the worse issues just for a change.


How pathetic. You're trying to downplay the single worst attack on America, and likely the single deadliest terrorist attack in history. Oh, the starving children in Africa (whose fault is it that they're starving?) Oh, the people committing suicide in US, Oh, oh, oh.

How about YOU go to Africa and feed those kids. How about YOU go stand on that bridge and stop people from jumping off.

Better yet, how about YOU go talk to the terrorists and tell them you don't care that they're killing innocent people.


- I am not trying to downplay the terrorist attack. I am trying to put it in reasonable comparison to other major disasters.
- Most Africans that are starving, it is NOT their fault. The food is simply not there. YOU take it forgranted that you have access to these privlages that other countries do not.
- And you know what, if I HAD the money to feed the African children, I would, and not spend it on bombing other countries. Rolling Eyes
- You also mistake. I do care that terrorists are killing innocent people. But I think innocent people killing THEMSELVES is just as sad, and (statistically) far, far more frequent.
DopeyCriz
At least look at the bright side.

It has woken up a lot of people that Osama Bin Laden is at killing spree or whatever.

I wish all the countries good luck and happy time many to comes.

I KNOW there will be more disaster.

World is screwed up. Enjoy your life before you see the s**t on the end.

~DopeyCriz
(AND NO, im not a tree hugger. I don't care about the damned world)
Da Rossa
DopeyCriz wrote:
At least look at the bright side.

It has woken up a lot of people that Osama Bin Laden is at killing spree or whatever.

I wish all the countries good luck and happy time many to comes.

I KNOW there will be more disaster.

World is screwed up. Enjoy your life before you see the s**t on the end.

~DopeyCriz
(AND NO, im not a tree hugger. I don't care about the damned world)


There are some delusioned people that think that the world is a very wonderful in all ways, just because they don't look at it. On the other hand, you are exageratin, Dopey. How many foreign terrorist attacks have taken place in the us since you're born? If you're american, trust me, you're in a safe country. However the US Government has planted the petrifying atmosphere in the population. That's exactely why you're thinking like that.
S3nd K3ys
Nameless wrote:




What I'm trying to say is that the attack on the Twin Towers does *not* deserve far more attention than these other issues.


Yes, it does. Duh. If you just ignore it, do you think it will get worse? Or do you think more bad shit will happen, like it has. And more innocent people will die, like they have.

Quote:

- I am not trying to downplay the terrorist attack.


Yes you are.
Quote:

I am trying to put it in reasonable comparison to other major disasters.


You failed. Miserably. Try using Katrina. Oh, wait, same thing, there was tons of help, money, resources used and abused and the left STILL tried to use it to make the admin (via the US) look like the bad guys. Just like the war against radical Islam.

Quote:

- Most Africans that are starving, it is NOT their fault.


Whos fault is it? America's? Rolling Eyes Are you even remotely aware of how much money America funnels into starving countries?

Quote:

- And you know what, if I HAD the money to feed the African children, I would, and not spend it on bombing other countries. Rolling Eyes


See above, oh ignorant one.

Quote:
- You also mistake. I do care that terrorists are killing innocent people. But I think innocent people killing THEMSELVES is just as sad, and (statistically) far, far more frequent.


You've got your priorities all ****ed up. How many people do you think killed themselves by jumping out of the burning twin towers because they'd rather jump to their death than burn? Rolling Eyes
trevtrev
Everyone should watch the "Loose Change" Video on Google Video.


Just go to Google and type in, "Loose Change Video" and it should pop up. This should help with the discussion a little. Very Happy
S3nd K3ys
trevtrev wrote:
Everyone should watch the "Loose Change" Video on Google Video.


Just go to Google and type in, "Loose Change Video" and it should pop up. This should help with the discussion a little. Very Happy


Theres already a thread for you conspiracy kooks. Please take your drivel there, this is a serious discussion, not a joke. Wink
ThornsOfSorrow
Da Rossa wrote:
And thank you Thorns! You're very nice. By now I could have been much more harassed due to such an offensive post I made.

No problem. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, so I'm not going to rip out your throat simply because we disagree. And it's nice to know that I haven't made an enemy. Cool
bulek
After I watched few documentary movies about 9/11, I don't believe what Bush talks. There are many teories about 9/11 but I'm 100% that everything is not so black and white.
Slick
like ive always said in times of trouble like this give me and my friends some sniper rifles and drop us off.... job will be done...
Da Rossa
bulek wrote:
After I watched few documentary movies about 9/11, I don't believe what Bush talks. There are many teories about 9/11 but I'm 100% that everything is not so black and white.


I would appreciate hearing your opinion at the "Poll: the 9/11 truth" topic.

In addition I downloaded and watched the presidential address broadcasted by NBC, and Bush's speech only reinforced my concerns about the opcoming events in the next 20 years.
mschnell
Da Rossa wrote:
bulek wrote:
After I watched few documentary movies about 9/11, I don't believe what Bush talks. There are many teories about 9/11 but I'm 100% that everything is not so black and white.


I would appreciate hearing your opinion at the "Poll: the 9/11 truth" topic.

In addition I downloaded and watched the presidential address broadcasted by NBC, and Bush's speech only reinforced my concerns about the opcoming events in the next 20 years.


Well, the next president most likely won't come from the Republican party. At least I sure don't think so. Fortunitely, lots of Republicans have been "resigning" because they're all in trouble for being corrupt, haha. Wow, I'm laughing about my own government's corruption, maybe we are in trouble:D.
blackheart
I recently wrote a poem in response to 9/11. I wouldn't call it a right wing opinion, so it's not recomended reading for the overtly patriotic.

http://allpoetry.com/Poem/2236029
Da Rossa
Don't worry, at worst you have the Brazilian corruption above yours Sad
PseudoKnight
Quote:
Well, the next president most likely won't come from the Republican party. At least I sure don't think so.
It depends on how far they're willing to go in changing the election numbers. One point might not be noticeable, but 3-5 points?

Quote:
Whos fault is it? America's? Are you even remotely aware of how much money America funnels into starving countries?
I am, and it's below the vast majority of other industrialized nation's contributions. This doesn't mean it's America's fault. Though, I don't think his point was anything like that. His point was closer to that we put far too much attention on the lives of Americans and those lost in the past while human lives are being lost overseas in dramatic numbers right now. Surely American lives aren't inherently more valuable than the Sudanese? While children starving in Africa is a just concern, it's rather generic and not an attack. However, in Sudan there is genocide on a scale hundreds of times larger than the 9/11 attacks or hurricane Katrina in terms of loss of life.

Now, to everyone, Iraq had nothing to do with terrorism. Even if he did have WMDs (which they knew he didn't) and launched them inside US borders (which wouldn't be possible), that wouldn't be a terrorist act. It would be an act of war. Furthermore, Iraq didn't have any significant numbers of terrorists nor was Saddam working with Al Qaeda.

The official story about the 9/11 attacks are actually a conspiracy theory by definition. Using the terms against other conspiracy theories is irrational. Concerning the conspiracy theories that involve people within the government, there is some evidence to suggest this is true. However, none of it is conclusive. It's unfortunate that a 3rd pary investigation will never be instigated so that we can finally have the full truth. As it is, we know for a fact that some of the official story is false and that puts in doubt some of the more crucial points. Then there's dramatized craptacular videos like Loose Change that are filled with unsubstantiated details that make all the theorists look nuts. It's not hard to find well educated and well-informed individuals who also are open to theories that involve people within the government. (and were not talking fully orchestrated here, just that some people within the government at least knew of the attacks and let it happen and possibly took advantage of it)
http://www.scholarsfor911truth.org
thehempclan
There's a large majority of americans that can't even recall the year of 9/11. That just wrong....
Nameless
Sorry for the really delayed response, but I was away from the forums for a bit and then forgot about this thread.

S3nd K3ys wrote:
Nameless wrote:

What I'm trying to say is that the attack on the Twin Towers does *not* deserve far more attention than these other issues.


Yes, it does. Duh. If you just ignore it, do you think it will get worse? Or do you think more bad **** will happen, like it has. And more innocent people will die, like they have.


The Twin Towers was a one off event. If we ignore it, nothing is going to happen, because everybody is already dead. I assume what you are refering to here is terrorism in general. Terrorism in general perhaps deserve media attention, maybe even as much as (again, using the example of) suicide. However, once incident alone does not, for this lengthy a period of time, because it is over. Terrorism as an issue is not over, so it may deserve ongoing media attention. If terrorism is ignored, it will likely continue and more people will die, but this will likely happen no matter what - you can't safeguard against everything, and if you could the quallity of life would be reduce to the point where the terrorists may as well have won. Now take suicide. If we ignore that, the problem will continue to occur and innocent people will continue to die. Things can be done against suicide the same as terrorism, but equally no measures will be able to completely remove it. Both are sad things, both are to some extent preventable, and both thus deserve some media attention. One further note is that far more people commit suicide each year in America than die in terrorist attacks. So which is the worse problem?

S3nd K3ys wrote:
Nameless wrote:

- Most Africans that are starving, it is NOT their fault.


Whos fault is it? America's? Rolling Eyes Are you even remotely aware of how much money America funnels into starving countries?


Yes, I am. Would you say in the last 3 years it would be more or less than the amount spent on (for example) the war in Iraq?

I'll give you a hint. It's less. America only gives a large amount of money as foreign aid because it has a lot of money to give - that is, it gives a rather small percentage compared to many other countries.

But back to the starving Africans. You can't really place the blame on anyone in particular for their predicament. They were just unlucky to be born into a 3rd world country. Does that make them any less important? NO. However, indirectly, you could place some blame on America, or any other 1st world country. If any of them spent a bit less on bombs and bit more on aid packages, thousands of lives could be saved. The inbalance of wealth in the world is problem that only a realisation by policital figures and a shift in opinions away from selfishness can truly fix.

Remember, you can't buy peace: don't spend lives, save lives!

[quote="S3nd K3ys"]
Nameless wrote:
- You also mistake. I do care that terrorists are killing innocent people. But I think innocent people killing THEMSELVES is just as sad, and (statistically) far, far more frequent.


You've got your priorities all ****ed up. How many people do you think killed themselves by jumping out of the burning twin towers because they'd rather jump to their death than burn? Rolling Eyes

Not very many, comparatively. Tell me, what priorities do I have mistaken? Even if every single person in the Twin Towers jumped out because they'd rather die by falling than burning, that whole process would still be over quickly. A depressed person has a long period of mental trauma leading up to suicide, with the same result of a sad early death. Which is the worse death? The quick death, or the slow, agonising one? And FAR MORE PEOPLE commit suicide than die in terrorist attacks. What priority am I missing?
Related topics
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> General -> General Chat

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.