FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Watching TV live streames!!! (NFL and stuff)

alienjones
Howdy Com,

the football season just started and here in Germany it is almost impossible to watch NFL except when you pay for it. But now I discovered TVUplayer which enables you watching several broadcasting-station via livestream. NBC, FOX, ESPN, CBS, ABC and many many more are available there.

Watched Cardinals vs. 49ers live last nite? I did! Very Happy

Check it out and enjoy:
http://www.viidoo.com/en/download.html
R2.DETARD
Thankyou so much for that link (although i get a 404 from it) I also live in germany, and although i can watch the football, the other channels are real nice.

For watching indivindual shows, www.peekvid.com is great, although it takes some time for the owner to delete bad links.
alienjones
Yeah, the 404 is due to the page moving.
Try http://www.viidoo.com instead.

Hopefully more broadcasters will provide streams via Internet. Perhaps some day we can watch all the channels worldwide on this way Wink

The only desaster about Football-streams are the timezones. It's really hard to stay awake til 5 a.m. (GMT+1) in order to watch Monday Night Football Very Happy
Shin
Is this Viidoo site any good? I mean in terms of QoS and bandwidth. Is the video pplay smoothly? And do you have to queue for long time for those popuplar events like football matches?
alienjones
Shin wrote:
Is this Viidoo site any good? I mean in terms of QoS and bandwidth. Is the video pplay smoothly?
And do you have to queue for long time for those popuplar events like football matches?

The Viidoo site itself is slow as hell. I guess it´s hosted in China.
But that doesn´t matter at all as TVUPlayer is p2p.
The videos play smoothly most of the time and you can also
stream it to VLC-Player (see below) or similar to make it even
smoother. You don't haver to queue up at all. Start TVUPlayer,
choose channel you wanna enjoy, et voila - about 30 seconds
later you're tuned in. The more popular a broadcast is and the
more people tune into a programm the better the quality gets.
I noticed acceptable streams even at about 45-50 kbps.

Some Hints for TVUPlayer:

Fullscreen-view: Simply double-click the videoscreen Smile

Stream to VLC-Player: Open VLC, choose File -> Networkstream -> HTTP -> enter "localhost:8901"

2006-10-02:
Don't miss monday nite football Atlanta Falcons at New Orleans Saints.
It's gonna be the Saints' first homegame in New Orleans Superdome since hurricane Katrina.
The Falcons are my favourite for the Superbowl this season - let's rush 'em down Wink
monzoncf
try using Satellite TV for PC...
coolclay
Whats the catch with this site, do they put ads, up or spyware or anything. They can't just provide live feed of all those channels for free. They have to make money somehow.
alienjones
Obviously they can. The only ads I noticed are those on the TV-programs (and there are many of em in a single football-game Wink

Seriously: How does Azureus make money? How does Opera make money? Why do people always distrust when something is provided for free? I am using Spybot, Ewido, AntiVir regularly and should have noticed spyware or anything like that.

By the way: I am convinced watching TV over the internet will be the future. TVUPlayer is a step towards this future.