FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Login event

Da Rossa
I receive a alert by email that my topic had been answered, and hit the provided link to visit the topic directly. But sometimes I come logged out, viewing the topic in that square-like layout. Then I login... after that, I'm sent to the index page, having the extra work to find the topic I was again.

So, would that be possible that, when we come to the forum from a email link, if we're not logged in, then when we do we're redirected to the topic we was.
Got it? (I'm confusing when explaining some things)
Thanks!
snowboardalliance
Use the always logged in feature, unless you are on a public computer...but I don't know if Bondings really wants to modify the forums that much, because it might be a lot of work just for that.
Da Rossa
snowboardalliance wrote:
Use the always logged in feature, unless you are on a public computer...but I don't know if Bondings really wants to modify the forums that much, because it might be a lot of work just for that.

I understand. I always check the "remember me" option as I log in, but not always I hit those links I'm already logged. Can it be due to cleaning utilities that I use, such as CCleaner, that cleans cache and cookies? (I desabled the cookies scan).
Bockman
the cleaning cache is not a problem (recommended even).

But phpBB uses a cookie to remember you on other visits. if you clear the cookies, you will be brought to a login page next time you visit us.

Please verify that your apps aren't actually cleaning up the cookies.

As for the link with user info, don't really see it as necessary (and besides, it could just give out your account to anyone reading the mail, wich is bad anough already).

Be Well Cool
Da Rossa
Quote:

As for the link with user info, don't really see it as necessary (and besides, it could just give out your account to anyone reading the mail, wich is bad anough already).

Sry but I didn't get it. Link with user info = the email reminder with link to the just-answered topic that was being monitored? Did you mean that it's insecure as once one's besides me is reading my email, then he/she could become the owner of my account? Embarassed
Bockman
Da Rossa, to allow you to read the links from the mail with login possibility, there would have to be a login code on the link (It has a name, i just don't know what it is). You can see the links some sites give on mais (I can remember Hi5 as a good example).

In that case, if someone had access to your email, he would be able to login to your account simply by clicking the link (since the login would be automatic).

If you want to have autologin from your PC at home (i strongly suggest you don't do it on shared computers), you need to check on what's deleting your cookies. the system is working fine with cookies. (just hit the remember me when logging in).

Be Well Cool
Da Rossa
Now I almost get it!! Thanks! The missing part is: anyway, does the link I click to access the topic directly contain or not the login information? I guess it doesn't Very Happy. Is it because of the security policy here?

If had, then it would have a syntax like those ftp addresses, like:
ftp://darossa:mypassword@frih.net <-- something like this, where the login is 'darossa' and the pass is "my password"?
Very Happy
Bockman
Da Rossa, I think it would be a litle more secure than sending you password openly, but it'd probably have something like

http://www.frihost.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=424042?loginid=EBLW80657218&smid=20060912_600_cpk5MAskrncugtfBckTM-2048950

Although the user has no access to your password (directly) he is able to login to your account and mess it up while logged on.

Be Well Cool

P.S. - that loginid part was from Hi5 (and ofc is edited as hell to prevent you guys from seing all my pictures Razz )

P.P.S. - If your going to click on the link, might as well join the party there Wink