FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Installing Debian

Jaan
When I'm installing Debain, at the "instaling base system" step, then it crashes, with a debootstrap error. I read that this is a CD Burner issue. However, I checked the CD with the validator that came with Debian, and it says it was fine. If you want, I can specify the error a bit more.
Cheers. I am not happy about this. Evil or Very Mad
ok well lets get started... yes its a cd error.. not burner error. its generally associated w/ laser alignment issues / dirty laser / dirty,damaged disk itself issues.. usually the cd.. but anywayz.. if you want debian, id suggest if i may, getting Knoppix 5.0..... when you install to the HD it will ask if you would like it as Debian or Knoppix, and choose debian if you wish... i currently use it, and it works like a charm after failing w/ a similar error with Slackware and Ubuntu. I strongly suggest getting Knoppix's live cd and doing a HD install. it will auto read ALL of your Hardware config's and basically set it up itself. all you have to do is eventually partition the drive to install.
here is the knoppix link http://www.knopper.net/knoppix-mirrors/index-en.html