FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

The Pretender

Shewolf
I remember watching the show long ago, when I was a little girl. I did not understand the whole plot, or everything that happened, but I still loved the show.

Quote:
From Wikipedia

The Pretender is a television series that originally ran on NBC for four seasons between 1996 and 2000. After cancellation, two telemovies were made starting where the series ended.

The series revolved around a young man named Jarod, who was abducted from his parents as a child and raised by an organisation known as "The Centre". This organisation used his beyond-genius IQ to train Jarod to become a "Pretender", someone who can insinuate himself into any walk of life, who can become an expert in any field - no matter how complex.

When Jarod, a compassionate and caring man, discovered The Centre was selling the so-called simulations that he did for them to the highest bidder, he soon escaped. Travelling around the United States, adopting various identities - his surname, which he didn't know, varied, and he maintained his first name most of the time - he uses his gift to help people in need. Jarod is not only haunted by the blood he has on his hands from the simulations that he did for "The Centre" but also by "The Centre" itself, that wants their valuable "Pretender" back.

Anyone else who know the series?