FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Can I change the subdomain name myself?

pansophia
Hi, all -

I currently have a small site posted on frihost with a url that looks like myAccount.frih.net/mySite.html

In DirectAdmin, I noticed I could change the folder name for myAccount.frih.net. I'd like to change the myAccount part of the url (leaving the frih.net part alone). Can I just do that myself by changing the folder name? Or do I have to go through frihost's formal account change process?
rvec
You can't do it yourself, a directadmin mod should do it for you. You can only make a sub domain under this one and change that one.
Marston
rvec wrote:
You can't do it yourself, a directadmin mod should do it for you. You can only make a sub domain under this one and change that one.
To clarify, you have to use your Account page to request a different subdomain. Assuming your chosen subdomain hasn't been taken, your request should be handled by an administrator or an account creator. Wink
pansophia
I didn't actually try to change it in Direct Admin, but it struck me as odd there was a "rename" option there.
Bondings
pansophia, you need to request a subdomain change on your Account change. I know it is possible for a user to change it in DirectAdmin (we do it exactly the same way) but in order for administration and verification (not every subdomain is allowed) it is needed that you request it.
pansophia
Thanks for the reply - will make the request when I decide on a better name!